Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where would i find a nice mans wallet a good one that will last long

Options
  • 27-10-2011 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

ok i want a specific wallet for my boy for one year after the first time we kissed.

-i want one that wont fall apart
    -a good one
    -perhaps a leather one- black or brown would be nice
    -the most important quality is that i want to be able to engrave it. id like to get our names etched on it with a special date. where can i get this done?

is there anywhere in dublin that could do this for me? how much will it set me back? where do all the men buy their wallets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

The forest moon of endor.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

Not sure about engraving, but if you're looking for a special wallet, Mont Blanc make great wallets.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Moved from After Hours.

You could try one of the Hallmark shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

You can usually find nice ones in the pockets of expensive suits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

meh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    The forest moon of endor.

If endor doesn't work out you could try here

You will probably have to contact them as you want a lot of text on it.

hth.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cliona8969

thanks for all the suggestions so far but i would like to know where to get the wallet embossed with initials etc..

ive seen some nice wallets but where in dublin actualy engraves the wallet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

cliona8969 wrote: »
    thanks for all the suggestions so far but i would like to know where to get the wallet embossed with initials etc..

ive seen some nice wallets but where in dublin actualy engraves the wallet?

Mont Blanc make very good wallets, I have one for years and it still looks as good as new. Any good jeweler will supply them and should be able to arrange embossing, not sure about engraving as mine has no metal to engrave.

Just my own opinion a good wallet would be ruined by embossing,but that is just personal taste.

Mont Blanc make very good wallets, I have one for years and it still looks as good as new. Any good jeweler will supply them and should be able to arrange embossing, not sure about engraving as mine has no metal to engrave.

Just my own opinion a good wallet would be ruined by embossing,but that is just personal taste.

thank u will. ok now my last dilemma.. what should i get embossed on it? would our full first names and the date be too much? should i go for initials e.g.
    c.b and a heart g.m? or what?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OP, some of your other posts on other forums have been deleted. If I see another wallet post from you on any other forum apart this one I'll have no choice but to site ban you.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    OP, some of your other posts on other forums have been deleted. If I see another wallet post from you on any other forum apart this one I'll have no choice but to site ban you.

well then people should bloody advise me :(

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

People are not obliged to reply to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

cliona8969 wrote: »
    well then people should bloody advise me :(

This forum has no regular users so it's depending on people popping in for suggestions to give out suggestions in other threads while they're here. I would encourage you to use your time to help others rather than waste it moaning for nothing. Maybe then others are more likely to reply to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

OK..some advice...from somebody who owns a wallet....

A wallet is something best left to the individual to get for themselves. Many guys will have an idea of what kind of wallet they like and there are lots of different styles...so maybe just tell him you'd like to buy him a wallet to mark the occasion and ask him to pick one himself.

Be honest...how would you feel if he bought you a purse (and you didn't like it)?

To me, getting it engraved with both of your names is a bit naff and smacks slightly of insecurity...added to which engraving leather...nah. You'll be stitching his name onto the inside collar of his shirts next... ;-)

Advertisement