Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boy (5) attacked by fox in bedroom just yards from where twins were mauled

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

It said it happened last week! Things like this don't wait a week to come to light!

"Marius woke up screaming one night last week as a marauding fox was about to sink its teeth into his head, his mother said." Don't ya just love the sensationalism of the statement/journalism. Then again it's the Irish rag.

"Police used a noose to drag the aggressive animal from their home - only to let it go in their garden. "

"A Met Police spokesman said cops had received no report of a fox attack and that "other options" would have been considered if they had. "

Who's lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

For phone users and people just to lazy to click the link
    A MOTHER has spoken of her horror after her five-year-old son was attacked by a fox in his bedroom - just yards from where twins were mauled by one of the animals last year.

Annette Rook, 46, said she is scared that the urban pest will return after it targeted her son Marius in south Hackney, east London.

The latest shocking incident has sparked new calls for action to combat the growing menace of roaming foxes.

Marius woke up screaming one night last week as a marauding fox was about to sink its teeth into his head, his mother said.

The animal had crept into the third-floor bedroom of the house in Victoria Park Road in the early hours.

The fox sneaked up after burglars forced open a window and stole thousand pounds worth of valuables.

Mrs Rook ran to Marius' room to find her terrified son crying and complaining about a pain in his ear.

Annette, a headteacher at nearby Lawdale Junior School, said: "I was hugging him. I thought he had had a bad dream. But then the fox started across the bedroom."

She immediately rang 999 to alert police about the fox as she comforted her son.

Police used a noose to drag the aggressive animal from their home - only to let it go in their garden.

"It is very scary to think what it was trying to do," said Annette, a mum-of-two. "I believe officers should have destroyed it.

"If it had been a dangerous dog trying to bite a child, surely it would have been destroyed.

"Now I am very concerned that this fox will come back again."

A Met Police spokesman said cops had received no report of a fox attack and that "other options" would have been considered if they had.

But Annette insists she made the danger clear and voiced her fears about the fox returning.

Twins Lola and Isabella Koupparis were almost killed by a fox in June last year in an attack which shocked the nation.

Fashion designer Pauline Koupparis, 41, wept as she told how she found her babies had been ripped apart in their £800,000 home in Hackney. Isabella was left fighting for life while her sister Lola's face was described by their mother as 'looking like something from a horror movie'.

The fox crept in through open sliding French windows and padded upstairs into the girls' bedroom. Mrs Koupparis, a former merchandising head for British Home Stores, said at the time: 'It's like a nightmare, it's like a living nightmare. '

That's the only way I can describe it, to be honest.

'It's something I would never expect to happen to anybody, let alone happen to my beautiful girls.~ Isabella and Lola are still both recovering from the horrifying assault but both could be left scarred for life.'

The fox was about to sink his teeth into his head but yet when the mother came in she didnt even see the fox until it ran across the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Jeez, the Indo really managed to exceed even their own low journalistic standards with that story this time! Didn't think that was possible! But there ya go: Veracity Holes all over the place, "cops" do one thing, but the "police" do another.....etc. She saw the fox about to strike, but didn't notice the fox til it took a wander around the room....etc

Ah, well, I think we'll find out this story is a bit of sensationalist nonsense and a mother worrying about something that didn't really happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Who wrote that piece of trash? :rolleyes:

The fox sneaked up after burglars forced open a window and stole thousand pounds worth of valuables.
    Any more info on the burglary? Was it the same night? Or a few days before and they had not repaired the window yet? Very sketchy
    Marius woke up screaming one night last week as a marauding fox was about to sink its teeth into his head, his mother said.

Annette, a headteacher at nearby Lawdale Junior School, said: "I was hugging him. I thought he had had a bad dream. But then the fox started across the bedroom."

So did she see the fox by the child's head? As the second part has she entered the room and only saw the fox after she was hugging the child :confused:
    Fashion designer Pauline Koupparis, 41, wept as she told how she found her babies had been ripped apart in their £800,000 home in Hackney. Isabella was left fighting for life while her sister Lola's face was described by their mother as 'looking like something from a horror movie'.

And the relevance of the house price? The likes of the Daily Mail almost always give a house price, the Indo have started it seems
    Actually I know the answer, newspapers put the house price in so you see they are not chavs and so might get more sympathy and readers. ;)

As for ripped apart? I'd read that and assume it's fatal. But it wasn't and while the children were badly injured, ripped apart is a terrible phrase to use

I remember when the Indo was a respectable newspaper :(

mikemac wrote: »
    I remember when the Indo was a respectable newspaper :(

I don't!:D:D:D
    It must have been quite some time ago!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ah I'm talking about a decade ago :D
    We used to get free papers in college so I'd read it every day

I don't see the journalists name anywhere, won't stand over their work?

Nah, it's been sh1te for far longer than ten years!!!!:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

Any more info on the burglary? Was it the same night? Or a few days before and they had not repaired the window yet? Very sketchy

More to the point...how did the fox know which stuff was valuable? Or did he just get lucky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

These "stories" are becoming as tedious as the "big cat" stories in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

mikemac wrote: »
    Ah I'm talking about a decade ago :D
    We used to get free papers in college so I'd read it every day

I don't see the journalists name anywhere, won't stand over their work?

I dont think "journalist" is appropriate for any Irish paper anymore.More like a "CHURNalist".Another filler in article that was lifted from ..the National Enquirer???:eek::rolleyes:.What next...???:(:(

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

Find this sort of thing very hard to believe, the "big cat" stories are a lot more credible.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

Advertisement