Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Computing Students

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,760 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

if you are looking for any solutions to those labs then hit me up (if they haven't changed).

News from 4th year: I'm ****ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Seems to be summed up pretty perfectly. If we're allowed do OOAD in java it might not be as bad as the guys who had to learn it in C#, its just the complete lack of direction of the module is making it impossible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

CoderDozer wrote: »
    if you are looking for any solutions to those labs then hit me up (if they haven't changed).

Sent you a PM there CoderDozer ;)

I messaged you as well but I don't think the image of the screenshot appeared, it'd be the same as AntiRip if you can post on to me, thanks.

I don't have timing one (too trivial or couldn't be arsed, cant remember) but I have the employee one if that's any good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JFlah

siblers wrote: »
    I messaged you as well but I don't think the image of the screenshot appeared, it'd be the same as AntiRip if you can post on to me, thanks.

I assume its the doubly linkedlist lab ?? that one looks a tough one , I,ve only glanced at it so far though

no the screeny was for lab 2 where you time the different operations

no the screeny was for lab 2 where you time the different operations

ah we did that one last week ... bit tricky initially but ok once you get idea of it.

ah ok, I was a bit lax on the first two as there was no report required, but should have all the rest, so offer still stands.

• Advertisement

JFlah wrote: »
    I assume its the doubly linkedlist lab ?? that one looks a tough one , I,ve only glanced at it so far though

Im still stuck on lab 2:(

ah ok, I was a bit lax on the first two as there was no report required, but should have all the rest, so offer still stands.

Thought u were talking about OOAD, Need to take a break I think :)

Im still stuck on lab 2:(

Are you stuck on the timing of ArrayLists and LinkedLists?

AntiRip wrote: »
    Thought u were talking about OOAD, Need to take a break I think :)

Anything I have on that wont be of much use to you as it changes every year.

Anything I have on that wont be of much use to you as it changes every year.

Yeah, it's very off the cuff delivered module as we all know ;)

Are you stuck on the timing of ArrayLists and LinkedLists?

Pretty much, Its more trying to implement the code than anything else. Gonna try it again now and see if i get anywhere.

• Advertisement

Pretty much, Its more trying to implement the code than anything else. Gonna try it again now and see if i get anywhere.

If you still have problems just add the code to our Media Presentation dropbox folder and I'll have a look at it for you and give you some pointers

Cool, thanks.

Any of ye done that strategy document for Interactive Web Media? Not really sure what i'm supposed to put in it.

Any of ye done that strategy document for Interactive Web Media? Not really sure what i'm supposed to put in it.

Very basic 'vision' for your personal end of term portfolio site.. pretty basic from what I gathered

3 weeks down, pretty much how I feel so far
    crying.gif

mad-at-theinternet.gif

OHMYGOD.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Lads in here: Seriously, just look back to the very beginning of this thread. When this forum was set up this one thread was the strongest because of all who built it up, you guys!

Look back to where you all started in our IT in Tralee and how, just look at how far you have all come with your education in Tralee.

I'm proud of you all & I know you all have it in you to complete this year also with flying colours :)

Just keep believing in yourselves,
    kerry4sam

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Lads in here: Seriously, just look back to the very beginning of this thread. When this forum was set up this one thread was the strongest because of all who built it up, you guys!

Look back to where you all started in our IT in Tralee and how, just look at how far you have all come with your education in Tralee.

I'm proud of you all & I know you all have it in you to complete this year also with flying colours :)

kerry4sam

Thanks we,ll soldier on alright

kerry4sam wrote: »

kerry4sam
    Yeah, I was looking back at this thread a few weeks back and while time flies in college, looking back at some of the stuff we did in first semester seems a lifetime ago. Pretty good going the way this thread has kept going considering so few of us actually use it!

Any first years would probably run for the hills if they saw some of the stuff in here :pac:

I posted a rant...

We'll soldier on :)

Couple more weeks we'll be half way there

The software crowd definitely have the better exposure with having more "relevant" modules unlike MM and games where there are some questionable ones. I reckon if the option was available to me I would have gone the software route as well. As for workload, it just gets progressively worse year by year, in fourth year now and its already a juggling act with assignments and study, not to mention that thesis which always manages to get sidelined, pure ****ing circus stuff.

Edit: aww, you deleted your rant, my post has no context now :(

Wish I had done interactive multimedia myself, . I never felt so lost in my life as that OOAD project last week and that was probably a fairly easy one.

The software crowd definitely have the better exposure with having more "relevant" modules unlike MM and games where there are some questionable ones. I reckon if the option was available to me I would have gone the software route as well. As for workload, it just gets progressively worse year by year, in fourth year now and its already a juggling act with assignments and study, not to mention that thesis which always manages to get sidelined, pure ****ing circus stuff.

Edit: aww, you deleted your rant, my post has no context now :(

Sorry CoderDozer. Had second thoughts about the rant :)
    I'm also getting a little paranoid about the thread and afraid lecturers may be viewing it also. 3rd year is a big change.

Wish I had done interactive multimedia myself, . I never felt so lost in my life as that OOAD project last week and that was probably a fairly easy one.

That was fairly wreckless alright for us MM. They were going through that TFS above at the computer like they were doing it since 1st year. I hadn't a clue what was going on. If we didn't have SD guys in our groups it would be 0 for all of us.

Work-Hard-Motivational-Picture-Quote.png

We should remember this I think

The moral is very low at the moment alright. Today was a stinker for all of us I think.

• Advertisement

GIZ US A JOB

The moral is very low at the moment alright. Today was a stinker for all of us I think.

T,was f**king shocking

CoderDozer, how are the 4th years getting on with job placement? Have you any idea what kinda jobs (if any) the 4th year multimedia students have signed up for.

We were basically being told if we have connections, try and leverage those if we can. The guy handling us said he will try and set up interviews with some of his connections or interested companies but beyond that its pretty much up to yourself.

Obviously this year is allot different than in previous years in that the max that had been placed was ~30, this year is what? 100+ so its untested water. But I think the line that is being peddled is be "creative" i.e. offer services to build a website or some sort. If they don't want tell them their getting one anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gbro800

But I think the line that is being peddled is be "creative" i.e. offer services to build a website or some sort. If they don't want tell them their getting one anyway :D

Third's years have been told this too but being creative and doing random websites and all that is more like free-lancing. I'd be hoping to get valuable work experience with a team of software developers and experience how they go about their work and get trained into it some bit. But it looks like we'd have to leave Kerry to get something like this... despite what we've been told about the great IT sector. Free-lancing is something you do the at the weekends if you've got time, I've done some of that myself. But I don't see doing random things on your own as part of a proper 12wk work experience.

No argument here, shadowing someone in a company is the best way to learn.

I'm tempted by that thing of teaching transition year students some web design but it only makes up part of the work placement, I don't kno what else I can do beside some free lance stuff.

7DmT27.jpg

I love this thread.

• Advertisement

"There are two types of people in this world: those who understand recursion and those who don’t understand that there are two types of people in this world:" !!!

dilbert-agile_programming.gif

........ it reminds me of something ............

Well its that or the waterfall approach and I would rather not die of boredom.

Give us a job !!!! why is this so f'ing hard?

7KtK9y.jpg

4UXyRR.jpg

Software testing assigment is melting my head

Software testing assigment is melting my head
    much more difficult than it initially sounded

• Advertisement

Sense of frustration reaching ridiculous heights now!! FEST Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This has been some tough day!!

What a fecking week.

What a fecking week.
    AND more to come ....... :((((((((:eek:

Yeah, still not started the java assigment, I have the weekend put aside to do that and IWM. Fun times. I can see myself spending 4/5 hours at java and having 2 lines of code written

• Advertisement
Advertisement