Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponcered visa or Permanant resident visa

Options
  • 27-10-2011 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi all,i am looking into getting a sponcered visa as i am a qualified plumber here in ireland,i was in australia before on a working holiday visa in 2008 but i had to leave oz as one of my famaily members were sick and i didnt get back,i am 31 and i know a few people in oz who hopefully will sponcer me but i have a few questions as i didnt get in contact with them yet,i was just wondering how much does a sponcered visa cost as i would pay it my self and if it is the same price as a permanant resident visa,and does the full installment have to be payed before i get my visa?also if i get sponcered do i have to stay with the company that sponcered me or can i move to a different job?any help would be fantastic guys,guys could you,s please tell mow long it would to get a permanant resident visa?also does anyone know anywhere in ireland that i could talk to some one about visa questions?thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

seamus1980 wrote: »
    ,i was just wondering how much does a sponcered visa cost as i would pay it my self and if it is the same price as a permanant resident visa,and does the full installment have to be payed before i get my visa?

For 457 sponsorship no

This explains it pretty well http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056418020

You will have to pay before you get the visa.

if i get sponcered do i have to stay with the company that sponcered me or can i move to a different jobl

Yes if the new employer is willing to sponsor you can transfer your visa.
    please tell mow long it would to get a permanant resident visa?also does anyone know anywhere in ireland that i could talk to some one about visa questions?thanks all

Its hard to say but since you are qualified you would have papers so skills assessment should only probably take a few months, with your age its an advantage because you unlikely to require IELTS and state sponsorship. Visa process might take between 6-12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Thank you m8 for your reply it help so much,thanks again:D:D

Advertisement