Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To go to the debs or not?

• 27-10-2011 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hey! Just wondering if any of you leaving certs are planning on not going to your debs?I really don't know what to do!I can't see the sense in wasting my money on a dress,nails,tan etc on one night out!Would I regret not going??Advice needed!!we have to start buying our tickets soon they're 90 euro each!It's not that I don't have the money because I worked the past 2 summers it's just that I don't know if it will be a waste?Anyone in agreement with me?! Help! :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

If you're a very close year then go. Like if you have a lot of friends in your year. Otherwise you'll most likely regret it. Personally I regret mine just because I got so hammered and ruined it for myself. But myself and my 7 best friends got a picture professionally taken together, and I know I'll treasure that pic forever! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

In years to come, I think you'd regret not going more than if you do go and it possibly being a waste of money.
    Go for the experience. Tickets are always pricey but you can do the dress/make up/tan/nails on the cheap! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

TBH, I was like that before mine, but it was well worth going alright! I think you may regret it if you don't go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

90 quid thats a bit much ours is only gona be like 50

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭IMightKnow

I would definitely encourage you to go. If you shop around you could easily get a dress cheaply, or even borrow one if you can. Getting Nails done is unnecessary-or at least they were when i went to debs in 2007 and 2008. Also no need for professional tan- nobody is going to notice, just use sally or loreal. I went to 3 debs and honestly you can hardly tell who spent loads and who didnt- i got a dress in tkmaxx for 39euro.

I really think you may regret not going if you dont, I know it seems a lot of money(and very unfortunate that your is so expensive-mine was in county Galway and €55) but i think it will be worth it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement