Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC for audio production

Options
  • 27-10-2011 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, a friend of mine needs PC for studio (audio editing), what components would you go for? ~1000eur budget

-No need for any special internal sound card
    -Should be quiet and nice looking case with USB 3.0 ports, I can't think of anything better than Corsair Obsidian 650D?
    -Obviously needs a lot of RAM but is 1333mhz enough or better?
    -Quiet 500W PSU or better because might throw in a GPU later
    -AMD or Intel?
    -Is there any mainboard which would take quad or six core now but supports 8-core if upgrading next year?

This guy was going for some of these Rain Computers but it looks to me he is not getting the newest and fastest components for 1000eur from them, except Windows and BIOS tuned by Rain :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I actually like the 600T much better, looks-wise.

Cooler Master Silent Pro M500 will cover pretty much anything, and is extremely quiet.
    8GB RAM (16 if you want, dunno requirements of audio software, speed doesn't matter)

As for CPU/platform, you could either get a 2600K now, and upgrade to a hexa-core Ivy Bridge, or you could wait for the socket 2011 platform. When does your friend want this built?

Use Hardwareversand, much cheaper. That site's a rip-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Serephucus wrote: »
    As for CPU/platform, you could either get a 2600K now, and upgrade to a hexa-core Ivy Bridge, or you could wait for the socket 2011 platform. When does your friend want this built?

thanks.

I told him to wait for socket 2011 but he might need this sooner like in 2 weeks or so.

So there is no mainboard available now with support for both 1155 and 2011 ?

Advertisement