Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bicycles are going couture

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

How are they even designer, they are just an old style design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

more cr@p for morons with more money than brains to buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Ah come on now, any thing that gets people cycling is good in my opinion, if the upper classes feel they need a designer bicycle, so be it, as long as they use it, if they want to spend their money on over priced cycles it's up to them, what difference does it make to you or me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Wheely GR8

As long as models are riding them ,no harm done :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

clonmahon wrote: »
    Ralph Lauren, Missoni and

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

Holyboy wrote: »
    Ah come on now, any thing that gets people cycling is good in my opinion, if the upper classes feel they need a designer bicycle, so be it, as long as they use it, if they want to spend their money on over priced cycles it's up to them, what difference does it make to you or me?
    Aye, and when their cheap, mass produced wheels start to fall apart under the weight of all that jewellry, make up and must-have fashion accessories, we all know who'll be ready and waiting to carry out the necessary repairs ...

More-money-than-brains-fashion-victim: "Ooohh, thank you sooooo much for fixing my precious Kate Spade bicycle".

Holyboy: "Not at all Madam, my pleasure. That will be €573, thank yooooouuu!".

MMTBFV: "Are you sure that's enough? Why, you are such a gentleman"

Holyboy: KAA-CHIIIING!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Aye, and when their cheap, mass produced wheels start to fall apart under the weight of all that jewellry, make up and must-have fashion accessories, we all know who'll be ready and waiting to carry out the necessary repairs ...

More-money-than-brains-fashion-victim: "Ooohh, thank you sooooo much for fixing my precious Kate Spade bicycle".

Holyboy: "Not at all Madam, my pleasure. That will be €573, thank yooooouuu!".

yup its a good time to become a mechanic im thinking :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭reallyunique

No way these bikes get used. They'll get bought as fashion accessories to have in your trendy loft apartment. "See that, it's the one that Charlie Sheen snorts his baking powder off in his new movie" etc.
    What you really need is an old frame and some knackered components. Get the whole lot chromed and put some "Prada" stickers on it (only €2.00 from China) then sell it on fleabay. Make more than enough to buy a real bike :)

Have you noticed that a lot of the Super Hero movies out recently have trendy apartments with cool bikes mounted on the walls but the guy always drives some piece of Detroit tin? Imagine how fast Superman could go on a bike!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

yeah green lantern had some deadly looking bikes hanging on his walls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

The end is nigh.

• Advertisement

Holyboy: "Not at all Madam, my pleasure. That will be 573, thank yooooouuu!".

That sounds fantastic,i cant wait for it to actually happen:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Don't stop buying your lotto tickets just yet, I'd say your odds of winning are better. As others have said, most of these saddles aren't going to see much ass.

Now if you did a line in designer baskets for the front of them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

:D Can't wait to see them on the wicklow 200, or on the skt, mahon falls!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

This is the fashion industry in reverse. Usually, some coutourier designs some loony piece for Milan fashion week or whatever and somewhat wearable high street copies are badged up by Mango or Zara or whoever and in the shops in a matter of days. Here, perfectly ordinary high street bicycles are copied and badged up by designers.

I'm not usually this metrosexual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

Some people would buy a turd with a designer label on it....

...but cyclist are not immune, eh, Pinarello/Colnago/campy fans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Cabaal wrote: »
    How are they even designer, they are just an old style design.

"Designers are putting their imprint on the two-wheelers through special color schemes, logos and component selection, often leaning to leather saddles, grips and handlebar tape."

I hardly think €399 on a designer bike constitutes some sort of crime against austerity.

Nice stuff is nice. Up with this sort of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

kuro_man wrote: »
    Pinarello/Colnago/campy fans!

Blasphemer! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

All joking aside, not long until we see a Lious Vuitton bike one sale in BT's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

But then again ... maybe all that money would be a corrupting influence, a distraction from your fine craft that could ultimately prove destructive.

After all, what could possibly provide greater fulfilment than the tactile delights of a spoke wrench and some perfectly formed nipples?

But then again ... maybe all that money would be a corrupting influence, a distraction from your fine craft that could ultimately prove destructive.

After all, what could possibly provide greater fulfilment than the tactile delights of a spoke wrench and some perfectly formed nipples?

Youve got me there,i do love a perfectly formed nipple;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

kuro_man wrote: »
    Some people would buy a turd with a designer label on it....

...but cyclist are not immune, eh, Pinarello/Colnago/campy fans!
    http://www.tate.org.uk/servlet/ViewWork?cgroupid=999999961&workid=27330&tabview=text&texttype=10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Wow - some people here sure have been taking a lot of bitter pills.

Advertisement