Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Map and folio updating requirements

• 27-10-2011 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello,

I am looking into the transfer of some land. What are the requirements for changing folio numbers, marking off maps etc.

I have no knowledge of what is required in this area. Do I need new maps. Where do I get them. Who should mark them up and what is required to transfer folio numbers. The land I need to mark off will be split in a few different sections, not just one large section getting transferred.

If somebody could give me a summary of what is required here, id appreciate it.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

You will need a solicitor to handle the land transfers and an engineer, surveyor, Architect to do the transfer maps. Talk to your solicitor first they will know what is involved and should be able to give you an idea of how much it will all cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 snowy393

I have spoken to my sol. He told me to come back with the maps marked up and it will be straight forward from there.

I just want to know how to go about getting the required maps and getting them marked up correctly so I can pass over to the sol.

Thanks for your reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Your best bet is to employ an engineer or Arch Tech etc, the maps have to be purchased from the OSI and cost around 30 for a A4 map suitable for doing transfers, for farms where the land area is big or the parcels of land are seperated you may need a few maps or A3 maps which will cost more. What part of the country are you in I might know someone in your area who could do it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭jack77

OSI maps can be bought through various offices around the country any where u get planning packs etc. if a A4 map will do and your land is in the same area it'll cost 14euro ( got 1 last week) i think land registry maps are about 30euro. go on to the OSi website should steer u in the right directionand have prices. i got mine in midwest maps, woman was very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭tvo

go to an engineer or architect. Most have a licence to print the osi maps. bring whatever you have in the way of maps and let them take it from there. Land reg getting more strict on mappping another legacy of the boom

• Advertisement
Advertisement