Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The worst company you have ever dealt with?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭daithieoghan

M cebee wrote: »
    the viper's debt collection company

closely followed by eircom
    At least the viper is honest about his customer service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Has to be Bord Gais :mad:

Think beyond my bollix.
    that's gas, I always thought they were a decent company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Bad
    Meteor, biggest bunch of assholes I have ever come across in my life, can't wait until my contract is up so I can switch to another network after being with them for many years.

Eircom: I remember ringing them about Dial-Up back in the day, and being switched from place to place until they put me through to an Indian who I couldn't understand nor he/she me. Happened plenty of times. Also they come to the door offering the mammy the sun, moon and stars, really pisses me off.

Tesco: My mother bought a DVD as a Christmas present, it was the wrong one and she took it back. Sales person said they couldn't take it back at the plastic wrapping wasn't on it, but it was that way when she bought it. Asked to speak to the manager, she was a cnut of the highest order, was fit to swing for her the way she was talking to my mammy. She got right upset when I waltzed down to the DVD section and picked up a selection of their DVD's with NO plastic wrapping, still wouldn't exchange it though.

Good
    Dunnes: Dog had an allergic reaction to a bed I bought him. They sent the bed away for testing and even though they could find no issues with it they paid the vets bill and gave me a €30 gift card.

Amazon
    Cannot fault them in any way, shape or form. Have been dealing with them for years, have only ever had 1 issue and they dealt with it quickly and efficiently. What a company, I would trust them more than any other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I don't get the volkswagen one. If it's not suitable for irish roads, the why are they allowed to sell them here? Surely it means it doesn't conform to safety standards???

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭hellyeah

Amazon
    Cannot fault them in any way, shape or form. Have been dealing with them for years, have only ever had 1 issue and they dealt with it quickly and efficiently. What a company, I would trust them more than any other.

Could not agree more. as above had the very same level of service. A joy to deal with imo.

[

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

The Samaritans
    The cnuts blocked my number, they claim I was depressing their staff:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

Yeah Amazon are amazing, its the way all companies should deal with their customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

The Sony Centre, Sony Ireland and Sony Europe. Boyfriend bought me a sony vaio laptop for Christmas last year which was faulty from the first time it was powered on. In May of this year my boyfriend finally got his refund for the laptop. This was after contacting Sony at least once a week looking for an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

steve9859 wrote: »
    Three. By a country mile. And their Indian call centre operators reading off a prepared script just wind me up more!

Omfg.
    I actually lost the plot with one of them today.

Three are a nightmare to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

A company related to AIG fired me because I took epileptic seizures a few months ago. I've considered legal action but what's the point!

Sub-human scum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Good: amazon

Bad: Carphone warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

ESB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Any company in the US for medication or healthcare, it is a nightmare here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

A company related to AIG fired me because I took epileptic seizures a few months ago. I've considered legal action but what's the point!

Lot's of money to tide you over to a new job/ new car. Or for the principal of the matter and to protect others they may try the same with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

UPC - Absolutely clueless engineers and the customer service staff are not friendly

Worst excuse for a company ever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Haelium wrote: »
    when paying for 8mbps.

its the download limit you pay for afaik ,not the speed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

I still have nightmares about BT. Some nights I wake up screaming "why won't you let me speak to your supervisor?!" /PTSD BT flashback

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Sub-human scum.

What?! Why?! How long were you with them?

Lot's of money to tide you over to a new job/ new car. Or for the principal of the matter and to protect others they may try the same with.

Seeing as I'm epileptic, the car is ruled out. I did think about legal action long and hard but they're just simply a bunch of shameless b*stards, I reckon they will get what's coming to them in one form or another (defintely not by me in case these posts come in front of a judge). You can only feel sorry for them.

I just feel sorry for humanity when people can do something like that for business reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Amazon are fantastic. My Mam ordered two copies of a DVD by mistake, they told her to go ahead and keep the second copy, no questions asked.

Esat (billing department anyway!) were brutal at the time of No Limits/whatever the one after that was. No money taken from my account for months and then all of a sudden I owe a couple of hundred quid. Happened to loads of people I know and probably a few on boards. :)

• Advertisement

Ruu wrote: »
    Esat (billing department anyway!) were brutal at the time of No Limits/whatever the one after that was. No money taken from my account for months and then all of a sudden I owe a couple of hundred quid. Happened to loads of people I know and probably a few on boards. :)
    I once threatened them on the grounds of false advertising when they tried to disconnect me from the "no limits" service for excessive usage which was "not in keeping with the spirit of the service." They backed down!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

UPC, are the worst shower of wa*nkers i have ever delt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

Seeing as I'm epileptic, the car is ruled out. I did think about legal action long and hard but they're just simply a bunch of shameless b*stards, I reckon they will get what's coming to them in one form or another (defintely not by me in case these posts come in front of a judge). You can only feel sorry for them.

I just feel sorry for humanity when people can do something like that for business reasons.
    You should have sued the ba$tards, if you where in a wheelchair you'd never see this, just because you are epileptic, it doesn't mean you should be sacked. Don't let them away with it, because they will treat the next person the same way.

Millicent wrote: »
    What?! Why?! How long were you with them?

I don't think I should go into more detail about it all. It was just pure foul how they dealt with it tbh.

I just hope they're not in need of someone else's humanity in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Haelium

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    its the download limit you pay for afaik ,not the speed

The "Unlimited" download limit that is actually 50GB? I was paying for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Karsini wrote: »
    I once threatened them on the grounds of false advertising when they tried to disconnect me from the "no limits" service for excessive usage which was "not in keeping with the spirit of the service." They backed down!

Ah, the dreaded letter. Dark days, dark days indeed. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Sub-human scum.
    I assume they fired you on Insurance grounds, incase you injured yourself while having a seizure, my brother has epilepsy, its an awful thing to have, he has had 3 seizures today, will never be able to drive, work certain jobs and he doesn't see his friends anymore incase he has a seizure in front of them. Chin up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

It astonishes me on how Three are still around. But also Apple, they're scabby feckers. Got an Ipod within a year it completely shut off got a replacement sent out 3 months later another technical fault occurs this one so I go into the store and I'm told ' Sorry there's only a 90 day warranty on replacements' I owned it for 91 days.

Whenever I skip 3 songs in a row now I have to fully restart my ipod. I understand they say that the replacement Ipods may be new or refurbished but either way if the replacement breaks within 90 days it's clearly not merchantable quality. How are they getting away with this ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Nationally

This company called H2o based in Galway, anyone who has had any dealings with them knows exactly what im talking about

Internationally

B M I - British airline company, absolutely disgraceful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Really really bad : Imagine

Pure brilliant : Sky customer service

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Vodafone bloody vodafone just check out there forum on boards

I assume they fired you on Insurance grounds, incase you injured yourself while having a seizure, my brother has epilepsy, its an awful thing to have, he has had 3 seizures today, will never be able to drive, work certain jobs and he doesn't see his friends anymore incase he has a seizure in front of them. Chin up :)

You're right on the insurance side of things. You're wrong enough on how it has affected me - in a way I'm glad it happened because the hospital stay I already mentioned lead to a major breakthrough in the illness for me - seizure-free ever since. Grey cloud, silver lining and all that! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Chartis by any chance? Their head office in Dublin got flooded out on Monday. Some kind of karmic justice for you perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

steve9859 wrote: »
    Three. By a country mile. And their Indian call centre operators reading off a prepared script just wind me up more!

Seriously are they that bad? Has anyone had good experience with three? I ordered the iphone 4s online today and have pretty much entered into a 2 year contract. I received a phone call after I placed my order from an Indian lady, it was very difficult to make out what she was saying. Fingers crossed I don't have to deal with them often! That would drive me nuts!!

TGI's Blanchardstown, I work in disabilities, when bringing a lady who is in a wheelchair for dinner we decided to go to tgi's after shopping in the centre. When we arrived at the restaurant the entrance had steps from the main door into the dining area. We expressed to the staff that we would like to dine there and would be unable to bring the chair or walk down the stairs, the staff told us to go around to the side of the main dining area to come in through the fire exit. They opened the fire exit, setting off the alarm and obviously creating a scene/ distruption. I felt it was horribly embarrassing for the lady involved and drew unnecessary attention. Needless to say I will never go there again.

Good company:

Emobile, the customer care staff are great and so helpful. I've been in contract with them for the past year, they really have been a pleasure to deal with. Unfortunately the prices they are offering for the iphone 4s are just too expensive for what they offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

smarthomes

they kept insisting i paid with brown envelopes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

Gunnes auctioneers. Long story but never trusted an auctioneer since. And the IAVI did not want to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

It astonishes me on how Three are still around. But also Apple, they're scabby feckers. Got an Ipod within a year it completely shut off got a replacement sent out 3 months later another technical fault occurs this one so I go into the store and I'm told ' Sorry there's only a 90 day warranty on replacements' I owned it for 91 days.

Whenever I skip 3 songs in a row now I have to fully restart my ipod. I understand they say that the replacement Ipods may be new or refurbished but either way if the replacement breaks within 90 days it's clearly not merchantable quality. How are they getting away with this ?

I think you did ok there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I'm trying to boost my Thanks count.

Ryanair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

Ryanair are absolutely fine if you know what you are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Tesco.
    Every day they wreck my bloody head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Eircom, PC World, Bank of Ireland and BT.

I've also never had a problem with Ryanair and Three. People expect too much when they are paying feck all. They're my airline and mobile network of choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

UPC. Told the day I moved house that my account had been transferred.

Got cut off 4 months later, was told there was about 8 months outstanding on the bill at the new address. Was also told I didn't have an account with them, at the new or the old address. But if I could prove when I'd moved into the house they'd only charge me the four months. Plus a 50 quid connection fee since I was a new customer. Or maybe I could go off and try to a bill from 6 months previously with my account number, and they might be able to waive the connection fee if they could find me in their system.

Been with Sky ever since.

Carphone Warehouse, for lying about upgrade entitlements, and then claiming that they were right and the networks were wrong despite being shown printouts from the website and an email from teh network.

Eircom: for promising free connection, and then charging me for it. And turning up on my doorstep full of bull while trying to sell their "next generation" broadband.

Ryanair: good actually, never had a problem with them. As opposed to Aer Lingus who made my life a misery when I lived in Hollandand was trying to book flights home, worst airline I've ever dealt with on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Yahew wrote: »

I worked in aviation in Dubin Airport.

I arrived at their check in desk for my flight I think 45 minutes before flight time (well anyway it was five minutes before their close time.) Their check-in desk for the flight was closed. I asked at a nearby Ryanair check-in, and they told me to go to the Ryanair information desk which was about fifteen yards away.

At this stage I was still "early". The Ryanair staff at their information desk asked for my flight details and passport. These documents were taken into a back office as I was left standing at the desk having been told they would deal with it. They did.

After ten minutes the person came out of the back office, handed me my flight details and passport, and with a smile told me I was late for the flight. Three other passengers arrived after me, and were also early. But they also lost their flight.

I wasn't absolutely fine. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

happypants wrote: »
    Seriously are they that bad? Has anyone had good experience with three? I ordered the iphone 4s online today and have pretty much entered into a 2 year contract. I received a phone call after I placed my order from an Indian lady, it was very difficult to make out what she was saying. Fingers crossed I don't have to deal with them often! That would drive me nuts!!

TGI's Blanchardstown, I work in disabilities, when bringing a lady who is in a wheelchair for dinner we decided to go to tgi's after shopping in the centre. When we arrived at the restaurant the entrance had steps from the main door into the dining area. We expressed to the staff that we would like to dine there and would be unable to bring the chair or walk down the stairs, the staff told us to go around to the side of the main dining area to come in through the fire exit. They opened the fire exit, setting off the alarm and obviously creating a scene/ distruption. I felt it was horribly embarrassing for the lady involved and drew unnecessary attention. Needless to say I will never go there again.

Good company:

Emobile, the customer care staff are great and so helpful. I've been in contract with them for the past year, they really have been a pleasure to deal with. Unfortunately the prices they are offering for the iphone 4s are just too expensive for what they offer.

You have a 14 day cooling off period, use it and get out now before it is too late. Buy the iPhone new sim-free and take a 30 day contract with whatever company (even if it has to be Three) you will regret joining Three if you go into a contract for this long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Can't think of any one company off hand.
    But I can think of one thing all companies do and that's the 30 days notice crap! :mad:

My family had an Eircom account for 15 years. You think after that amount of time you would be 'allowed' to ring up and say "hey, changing to upc" - Nope. Its all contractual bullsh*t (aka, get the extra month outta you ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

Taxback.com - 3 mornings a week ringing me at 9am at one stage, huuuge hidden charges and catches, disaster of a sales girl who intrpduced herself the same way every time and took around 3 minutes to do so....

o2 who refuse to let me finish my contract and lied to me about their dongle yokes working with macs (they don't) and then continued to charge me for months after the thing had completely broken. Ignorant pricks in the shop on grafton st insisted that the problem was with my brand new macbook. (that worked perfectly with other wifi) Still haven't gotten my final bill so I can finally cut all ties with them.

This crowd called emilyandlily on ebay who sent me not one but TWO broken digital SLR cameras. in the end i lost a hundred quid on the refund because the value of the dollar had changed and i had to buy the camera in a shop in Dublin!

Lived above a print shop once that I used to bring all my print jobs to for college. Went down one day with a particularly small job only to be given out to by the guy behind the counter because he was "too busy" for jobs as small as mine (couple euro). I had the last laugh tho, cos I robbed their internet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

Oh here jesus I forgot the two most annoying companies on the face of this EARTH!!

Iarnrod Eireann: First of all to get student fares you have to pay 15 euro and go thru a load of hassle to get 'their' student card

Second of all, I spent four years of my life travelling 3 hours from Sligo to Dublin in freezing cold winters on commuter trains meant for short journeys with air conditioning on and disgusting, filthy toilets. and we paid a fortune for that train journey.

thirdly, and most scandalously, irish rail have no single adult tickets on fridays or sundays. THIS is because it is peak time for commuters and students. Therefore, to travel to Dublin or Sligo on either of those days it costs 45 euro. for a three hour journey. absolutely disgraceful...

Then there's bus eireann

They take four hours + to travel dub to galway, and citylink does it in 2 hours 20 mins.
    They charge 24 euro for a return student ticket from Dub to Sligo because they have a monopoly. A Dub to Galway trip (half hour longer on their bus) costs 16 return - because citylink and gobus offer competitive prices.
    No toilets on buses, chewing gum on seats, rank net things on back of seats falling into your lap, sticky curtains, SHUDDER
    Going through towns with populations of 2 and no one's even waiting for/getting off the bus!!!

HATE them both.
    only good thing about irish rail is the 10 euro tickets at offpeak times, I'll give them that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Tesco.
    Every day they wreck my bloody head.

Avoid them, there are other shops with food in them.

I hate UPC, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

MOH wrote: »
    UPC. Told the day I moved house that my account had been transferred.

Got cut off 4 months later, was told there was about 8 months outstanding on the bill at the new address. Was also told I didn't have an account with them, at the new or the old address. But if I could prove when I'd moved into the house they'd only charge me the four months. Plus a 50 quid connection fee since I was a new customer. Or maybe I could go off and try to a bill from 6 months previously with my account number, and they might be able to waive the connection fee if they could find me in their system.

Should have told them to go and play with the traffic.
    They are the worst crowd of thieves in Ireland today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Has to be Bord Gais :mad:

Think beyond my bollix.

Bord Gais are one of the worst i have ever dealt with. Had our electricity account with them, phoned up one day and asked if it was ok to pay €20 pw through internet banking so bill wouldn't be as bad at end of 2 months. No problem was told... Bill came in, full price, they 'LOST' my €120, could never trace it, even though i sent in reference numbers from the bank, times and dates etc....:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Yahew wrote: »

I have travelled extensively with Ryanair, and apart from the time i was badly delayed in Germany because of the radar problems in Dublin Airport (which was no fault of Ryanair's) i've never had lost luggage, cancelled flight or been delayed overly long....

Have been reading this thread hoping my employer would not show up in the worst customer service posts! :D I'm glad to say we're not there, but all i will say is, the crankier and grumpier you are with your customer service rep, the less they (I) am willing to help you! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement