Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The worst company you have ever dealt with?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Thread should be re-named "why we hate three" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

The last bad experience i had was with Setanta. I subscribed to their soccer at €17 a month. I cancelled it in early May and was surprised to see them still taking money from my account another phone call to them and they assured me that i was now finished with them. They took money in July and August as well. I had to go into my own bank and cancel my debit with them. They had the cheek to ring me 2 days later to see why they couldn't access my account. They offered me a special discount to make up for it. Cant wait to use up my €51 they owe me so that i can cancel them for good. Sky tv as well, been a customer for 16 years full package always and am getting it disconnected at d end of the month. Shower of cnuts. I'm sick of being overcharge by them

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭emzippy

Game good: bought a second hand version of assassins creed which was very badly damaged, the disk was not shown On purchase. Needless to say it did not work. Brought it back and it was replaced no bother by a lovely girl behind the counter.

Game bad: witnessed an older woman (obviously a non-gamer) trying to do the same thing with a game for her son. The manager refused her point blankly saying that it is policy to show the disk before purchase of any game so if the disk is damaged, the onus is On the customer to refuse the game.

At the time I was in the queue buying a second hand game, and was dealing with the same guy. Did he show me the disk? Of course not.

Which game? Just curious because I work there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Three because they're a load of poo, cant get a signal in your own house.

Sony because keys have fallen off my laptop through no fault of my own (even Q, which would hardly be used) and even though I had a one year warranty it "only covers accidental damage to the hard drive" - eh, if you "accidently damage" your hard drive they'll hardly believe it wasnt your fault.
    They offered to fix the keys for a few hundred euro...I could buy a new laptop with that!

</rant> :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I never buy Apple products and hate the company with a passion. Having read through this thread, I stand by my decision. Bog standard kit at outrageous prices. When will people learn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

FAS and the Social Welfare. Idiots have let me work 4 weeks in my internship and now just tell me that am not illegible. Cant believe it. Am so gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭billgates

Would have to agree on the negative comments in relation to Three, i could write a book on bad experiences with them.

Some of the retail outlets for Vodafone are also atrocious, staff always seem ill informed and clueless in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Game good: bought a second hand version of assassins creed which was very badly damaged, the disk was not shown On purchase. Needless to say it did not work. Brought it back and it was replaced no bother by a lovely girl behind the counter.

Game bad: witnessed an older woman (obviously a non-gamer) trying to do the same thing with a game for her son. The manager refused her point blankly saying that it is policy to show the disk before purchase of any game so if the disk is damaged, the onus is On the customer to refuse the game.

At the time I was in the queue buying a second hand game, and was dealing with the same guy. Did he show me the disk? Of course not.

I got a second hand game in Game on dawson street and it wouldn't play. Disk looked ok too. Went i with no receipt, but told them there'd be a record on my reward card account (not sure if that's even true) and they changed it, not a bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

airtricity - shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

The Bad:

Energie Fitness Club. They charged me an 'administration fee' when i tried to leave. I hate that kind of thing it's just pure extortion.

McInerney's Builders. They don't exist anymore but I had to hound them for a year to finish off an apartment I bought. Eventually I settled out of court. They just did not give a ****.

Airtricity. Outright liars and conmen.

The Good:

Amazon: Always do the job correctly and on time.

Ryanair & Aer Lingus: Completely different animals but never had a problem with either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Without a doubt the worst experience with a company was three. They was absolutely horrific to deal with, harrassed us for months and we finally had to go to the Office of Communication Regulation. OFCOM said they had tonnes of complaints about the same type of harrassment from three. They're utter scumbags, ignorant, thick as sh*t and seem to think that ringing you 10 times a day throughout the day will make you pay money you don't owe. Be warned people, never ever use three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

Witchie wrote: »
    FAS and the Social Welfare. Idiots have let me work 4 weeks in my internship and now just tell me that am not illegible. Cant believe it. Am so gutted.

Sorry to hear,,,but that is unreal, see your TD or someone, that incompetence from our public services should not be tolerated. We really should expect better complain more when they FUp.

Bad

Eircom - Waited almost 5 weeks to activate a landline in a city centre, they actually gave me the excuse that there was a rat in one of their junction boxes.. Feasible I know but 5 weeks??!

UPC - Good Jaysus.......

Tesco - Rotten Veg and Grey meat on the shelves. How are they getting away with it?!

Good

Sky - Never had the slightest problem with them. Compared to UPC they are amazing.

Apple - Had a problem with my brand new iPod touch (the touch screen didnt work) and they replaced it with a bigger capacity model courier to the door. Unreal service.

Thomann online music store - If you used them then you will know what I am on about. Bought a guitar and was delivered to my door 3 days later and postage was free. Fantastic.

MicksGarage - Every part on your car you can think of. Unreal value and postage is usually free and very prompt.

On a side note I was thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy S2 on Three but due to the majority of peoples complaints I might think twice about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Im another three hater,i had a problem back in June that i had to involve comreg to help me sort it,if you have a look at this thread you will understand my frustration,but to be fair to three if you dont ever have to ring customer care then they are a decent company,the have great plans and good prices and i never had a problem up until June.But my god the call center in India is really bad they are so ignorant and each and every one of them i dealt with didn't have a clue.

I also have to say im with UPC the last 3 years and only once in that time have i had a problem and it was sorted out in a day or two,the girl i talked to on the phone couldnt have been more helpful,the same go's for TSB anytime i have to ring them they always know what they are talking about and are very helpful.

Aviva are another one i have dealt with a few times,and same again they are very courteous and helpful,they are the complete opposite of the three call centre in India.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

The bad

Quinn direct, Eveyone who works for quinn in a henchman and if james bond were real he'd take that company down and shoot a load of them in the process. Evil evil empire.*spits in their general direction*

Ryanair, cheap but nasty who treat their customers and staff with equal contempt and disdain.

Dabs.ie, If your site says its in stock and I pay for next day delivery I expect it the next day, not fu cking two weeks later.

Vodafone store in Dundalk: How does that blond bitch still have a job FFS!!!

The Good,

Tvtrade.ie, fast service, good prices

Amazon; Cant fault in absolutely any way, great site, fast shipping competitive prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

They were Esat BT at the time, dunno who they are now but they were effing terrible.

Ive always had good experiences with aer lingus. when my dad died in san francisco they flew me and my mam home from LA in first class, and refunded the original cost of our ticket. We also learned how great the Irish consulate/embassy is over there too. We didnt have to lift a finger, they looked after everything to get my dad home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I didn't read this thread and I don't know if these have been mentioned, but.....

NTL/Chorus/UPC - whatever the utterly useless shower of bastards are called these days. I don't actually know coz I left them 3 years ago, without giving my 30 days notice and continued to ignore threatening legal letters until they eventually stopped. The pack of retards are so thick they probably just forgot to sue me!!

A notable mention has to go to Vodafone and their useless customer service centre and just as bad website!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

the bad Volkswagon 1.4 petrol golf......never ever again, sold it at a loss after 9 months.Even the VW mechanics were at a loss for words.

the good Axa insurance ....easy to deal with face to face and by phone and a fantastic quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

NTL
    Plusnet/BT (same company despite claiming otherwise)
    CPC
    The now (deservedly) defunct CompUstore
    Back in the day -Telecom Eireann/P&T
    CIE

Surprisingly Ive never had any hassle with Three Eirtricity or Easyjet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

mattjack wrote: »
    the bad Volkswagon 1.4 petrol golf......never ever again, sold it at a loss after 9 months.Even the VW mechanics were at a loss for words.

the good Axa insurance ....easy to deal with face to face and by phone and a fantastic quote.

Credit were credit is due, AXA are great I had a claim recently and a top service, they have my loyalty now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

Eircom - hands down, no contest!!

Have any of you guys ever tried to call them only to be passed around from department to department and then back to the automated service, its a constant loop! Then when you do finally get hold of somebody they dont seem to be able to help!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Corruptable

Eircom - the worst customer service I have yet to encounter. They couldn't give a sh*it about customers: signing people up to wrong packages, etc., etc. and then being ignorant when they request it changed to what they wanted.

The GOOD:

Book Depository - On one occasion I ordered the wrong course textbook, I returned it, and got money back, no qualms or questions asked. Very good value and fast shipping too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

De Beers and Bentley

Your ma's message parlor.

This guys English teacher - should be shot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

www.blowupdolls.ie

a shower of tossers

De Beers and Bentley

I actually find Bentley very good to deal with,i just had the Continental GT in for a service last week and it was top notch i must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Meteor.

I forgot my PIN (stupid, I know) so I rang to find out what it was as I had updated my phone and it had switched off.

Me : "I know this is really stupid but I've actually forgotten my PIN and my phone is off so I need it to turn it back on."
    Her : "Okay, what is your phone number?"
    Me : "085 etc."
    Her : "And the PIN?"
    Me : "I don't know, that's why I'm ringing you."
    Her : "Well, I can't help you without your PIN."
    Me : "It says on your website to ring this number if you've lost or forgotten your PIN."
    Her : "I need your PIN."
    Me : "So do I..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Three have the worst customer service ever.
    Have had hassle with o2 and eircom aswell.

Its always phone companies (apart from meteor,theyre the business!)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

Virgin media in the UK were hit and miss. Some advisors were flat out rude and a complete pain, while others were pleasant and helpful. I should say, I don't care if you are unable to help me with my problem or fix the issue - some of the best agents I've dealt with are people who very politely explained that they were unsure of the issue and would have to investigate further. Telephone manner wins the day.

The one thing about virgin is being put on hold for a stupidly long time. I had to wait 40 minutes once... and some of the music they play... YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND BABY... seriously, how can they play that song!? I take it they haven't seen a certain video.

A relative of mine had an experience on an Aer Lingus flight recently. The flight was delayed and the passengers were contacted via text informing them that they should buy their own food / drink at the airport to take onto the plane, as for some reason (think it was weather) they were unable to load the plane with food etc.
    This individual did as they were told and when the flight was cruising it turned out that the plane did in fact have food and drink. No problem there, she thought nothing of it. The stewardess serving food / drinks eventually reached her, she asked for a glass for the small bottle of wine she had bought at the airport (as instructed), the stewardess refused demanding that all drinks must be bought on the aircraft. She explained about the text they had received, and she shook her head at her accusing her of lying. She was mortified, she was being treated as a child caught slipping drink into a disco. She explained again and offered to show her the text. She refused to see it, blurting "I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THE TEXT, JUST KNOW THAT ALL FUTURE DRINKS ARE TO BE BOUGHT ON BOARD", she handed her the glass she had asked for and walked off.
    She was made to feel embarassed by this stewardess when they were doing exactly as the airline had instructed. She called over the head stewardess explaining how she felt she was treated, who was pretty much disinterested. Saying "it's the first I've heard of it" when she explained about the text.

It's not my experience obviously, so I'm just relaying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beanok77

Was about to give three our contract for mobiles and broadband for the company untill I read this of course.

With Vodafone @ present absolutely ****.

three did mention they would give me an account manager who I could call direct where vodafone will not as I only have 9 handsets. Need 10 to get an account manager. With three you only need 3 handsets.

Is it only retail customers who have had problems with three's customer service or Business Consumers too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

CYHSN wrote: »
    Had right problems with Perlico and the broadband service that we never had. They charged us for the broadband for months and they could not fix the problem with it even though they knew what was wrong. We changed back to eircom again, but we got letters threatening legal action. Customer service was terrible, no help.
    I used to work for perlico customer service. Believe me it was a frustrating job because the incompetence came from the top. Felt very bad for the customers because we were basically powerless to help at all. The worst job I've ever had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

UPC:
    Fair usage policy me bollix you tight shower of C*NTS!!!
    The sooner the term unlimited download has to actually mean unlimited the better.

Meteor:
    Customer Service seem to be staffed solely by clueless young ones.
    They throw out the Free Credit fairly easily if you have a genuine grievance though, so not all bad.

McDonalds:
    The Undisputed Kings of Food Service.

Sky TV.
    Near on 6 years without any major problems and anything that does go wrong is resolved eficiently.
    Their Techies can talk a luddite like me through fixing the connection without losing their cool...a fair achievement :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

"imagine" broadband. total [EMAIL="****@e&quot;]****@e[/EMAIL].

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Just thought of another one with ulster bank

Went in one day to lodge €70 worth of coins I'd counted properly into money bags. The teller kicked up a huge fuss saying the bank no longer accepted coins, could I not go get it changed in a shop and then come back to lodge it.

You'd be better hiding your money under a flower pot then using these shower of *****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Eircom when we were with them were awful.... never going back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I was waiting 13 minutes to get customer service with Vodafone today.

They are joke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

3 are diabolical. i cancelled my contract formally , legally and correctly with them. Received a confirmation letter etc and then spent over6 months getting letters and phone calls from indian folk looking for money off me. They even sent debt collectors onto me. It took a solicitors letter from me to get them to f off.

Tonto86 wrote: »
    Just thought of another one with ulster bank

Went in one day to lodge €70 worth of coins I'd counted properly into money bags. The teller kicked up a huge fuss saying the bank no longer accepted coins, could I not go get it changed in a shop and then come back to lodge it.

You'd be better hiding your money under a flower pot then using these shower of *****
    Youre kidding!!! The fact that they are a bank kinda dictates that they should accept legal tender!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

The Three stories are shocking. Anybody from a consumer report TV show looking at this?

Easy story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Tour America. Basically, their **** up leaves me liable for a €6k medical bill. Way to not give me proper travel insurance documentation.

• Advertisement

Theres a company in Tipp. H and F Enterprises. They recondition and re-enamel ranges. I delivered a stove top to them which I was told would be ready the next day. I called back the next day (a 2 hour drive) to first of all be met with a vacant "we know nothing of this job" attitude. I pointed out my stove top in the yard just where i had left it.....!
    The next deal struck was it would be done immediately and couriered out to me. That was August 4th. I have had every excuse since then wtih the final one being "We lost it". This is a 2 metre x 1 metre lump of cast iron that takes two strong men to lift and takes up the back of a van. How in the hell do you lose this!?
    One solicitors letter later and we were offered a brand new stove top which we received IN THE WRONG COLOUR!. We are now awaiting another new top which we "should have by Christmas"... Stay tuned...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Weylin wrote: »
    "imagine" broadband. total [EMAIL="****@e&quot;]****@e[/EMAIL].

Yes, same here - without a doubt.
    Utterly terrible service - and their reps will say ANYTHING to get you to stay with them and promise you the earth as regards repairs - which come to nothing.
    I've had at one stage counted up over 70+ calls to them in one 9 month period.

Before that it was Vodafone.

Was with BT for a decade but within 24 hours of them handing over their business to Vodafone - nothing but problems for a year, starting within 24 hours of the switch-over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

Youre kidding!!! The fact that they are a bank kinda dictates that they should accept legal tender!

No it doesnt ! If they have it in their T&Cs that they will not accept coin, then they dont have to. After all NIB & ACC dont accept any form of currency , cash or coin, at their branches.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Many peoples complaints here seem to stem from mobile companies my own included.

I have been messing at old phones all evening as I still have no service on my iPhone, and I just discovered two old sim cards I had forgotten about;

The first is a Meteor PAYG I give to my american cousins every summer with an old phone so they are contactable when they come over here. Anyway the Yanks never came home this summer and I forgot about it, took it out and put it into an old phone and it was deactivated... bugger, however the number is still in my name so no biggie.

The second sim card is an Orange PAYG sim card from the UK, I got it in 2006 and always used to use it when I went over there or up to NI as roaming was so expensive in the past. Anyway like the Meteor sim it had too had deactivated from lack of use, called them up on Skype, got through to an operator within 57 seconds and no qualms or nonsense she asked for the details and the sim should be re-activated within 24 hours and I still have £8.60 credit on it which didn't go dead either. Excellent customer service.

I am hold now to meteor for the last 15mins to try get that sim activated and I must say that their is absolutely no comparison between the levels of service or pricing between Irish and UK mobile companies; and I don't know much about Three in the UK but I am sure if they acted over there like they do here they would be uproar with Watchdog and Rogue Traders making a fine example of them. Three in the UK can even get their 3G network to work unlike their Irish equivalent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

280special wrote: »

No it doesnt ! If they have it in their T&Cs that they will not accept coin, then they dont have to. After all NIB & ACC dont accept any form of currency , cash or coin, at their branches.

To be honest after 2 years I got the impression a customer is just an inconvenience for ulster bank. They are the rudest customer service I've seen often calling me a liar and accusing me of making stuff up.

They randomly made mistakes with my account and then charged over draft fees because of it.

They also have a tendency to randomly loose some money for a week or so, then it'll reappear in my account.

Several times when I used my debit card they charge the money twice. It could take up to a week for it to be refunded. This is then denied by the bank.

All in all its like having a mentally challenged alcoholic chimp with an attitude problem look after my money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Tesco: My mother bought a DVD as a Christmas present, it was the wrong one and she took it back.
    Your in the wrong there clearly. Shops cant take dvds back, people could just have copy them. They'd never make any sales. She bought the wrong dvd - that's her fukcing fault not theirs.

Classic case of dumb customer tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Are all the unhappy Three customers PAYG or bill pay?

Was thinking of trying them out but so many bad stories about them is making it a hard choice to make.

Good

UPC
    With them for years now for TV and Broadband and haven't had any major issues with them and the odd time Iv had to ring over minor issues its all been quickly and easily dealt with.

Bad

Beshoffs in O'connell st
    Rude staff and had to wait 15 min for cod and chips during a mid week lunch hour break. Fast food my arse.

Tonto86 wrote: »
    Several times when I used my debit card they charge the money twice. It could take up to a week for it to be refunded. This is then denied by the bank.

That happens with TSB visa debit too,its not actually the banks fault,it is whoever you used the card with,ie whoever you paid with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

My amazon story:

I used a Christmas voucher to order about £50 worth of books ( slightly more but the voucher was £50K as I recall).

These books were for myself. The box did not turn up. I complained on the phone. They had a record of someone signing but they sent the order again. It turned up ( a big box, about 12 books). My neighbour then came in and said he had the original - and gave me the same sized box. I called Amazon, they said keep it.

I gave the extras away to friends and family. Great service.

Venom wrote: »
    Are all the unhappy Three customers PAYG or bill pay?

Was thinking of trying them out but so many bad stories about them is making it a hard choice to make.
    Seems to be mostly bill pay users, then again they'd be more likely to tell their stories as they're usually tied into a contract. At least with prepay you can port at any time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement