Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The worst company you have ever dealt with?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

No I dont think you are being genuine,you found something in my post and you're nit picking.I 've sold plenty of cars and small vans over the years some i,ve a profit on,others I broke even on.I knew well I was going to lose on it when I sold it.My mistake was buying it in the first place.
    The car spent that much time in differant garages it was costing me money being off the road.

darokane wrote: »
    hahahahahaha, selling a car nine months after purchasing it for a loss,
    Well i never!

:rolleyes:

I had no plans on selling it,it was bought as a family car,I knew I was going to take a hit on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

mattjack wrote: »
    No I dont think you are being genuine,you found something in my post and you're nit picking.I 've sold plenty of cars and small vans over the years some i,ve a profit on,others I broke even on.I knew well I was going to lose on it when I sold it.My mistake was buying it in the first place.
    The car spent that much time in differant garages it was costing me money being off the road.

Know the feeling, Myt laguna has had over 3 grand worth of repairs done to it and its not even worth half that

Never again!

darokane wrote: »
    Know the feeling, Myt laguna has had over 3 grand worth of repairs done to it and its not even worth half that

Never again!

Well there ya go...I used buy second hand cars and vans with an uncle..clean them up ,get them serviced,Doe and Nct done and sell them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Irish Rail are a disgrace. Price and service are shocking.

Perlico ><

Also on the Bank of Ireland point... last week they wouldn't give me notes for coins which I had in those money bags. AIB did no problem. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 onelessprob

AXA are the biggest shysters I've yet to encounter.

Lady driver was double parked on a narrow slip road (from Kilkenny train station), while a passanger in the back seat was getting out. She opened her driver door without looking and slammed it into the offside front of driving car.

1k in panel beating needed on my end (and a new door on her car by all accounts).

AXA for 9 weeks refused to pay out, then said they would pay out but not accept liability for another 4 weeks, then with the mention of legal action finally payed with admission the same day.

I took photos on my phone at the time, i literally cant imagine a less contestable case than opening your parked door and hitting a moving car. AXA, it would seem, refuse to pay untill sued or a threat of legal action. If i ever have to claim from them again, they will be getting a registered solliceter's letter day 1. I can well imagine how people would just end up paying out themselves out of despair, the dirtbags.

Quinn handled everything from my end, very professional, kept me updated by phone or email weekly, deal with one Irish claims manager, who gives you her mobile number and email. Swore to stick with Quinn from then on, and will not allow any friends or family move to AXA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Three and Ryanair have a lot in common, they are great when things are going right, cheap and cheerful but when they go wrong you know all about it.

As for Volkswagen, they made good cars right up until the M3 Golf, after that they produced some pure rubbish.

yep O2 are the best of a bad bunch. Their CC have access to the most systems and can help you with most problems without management breeding down their necks.

ew

I have to say I've always had great service from vodafone. very helpful and never an issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

mattjack wrote: »
    I had no plans on selling it,it was bought as a family car,I knew I was going to take a hit on it.

Then why even mention selling it at a loss in the first place????
    You still haven't given a satisfactory response to your original post.
    BTW, this is AH, you can expect to be "nitpicked" anywhere on Boards but particularly on AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Three have to have the most ignorant ill mannered staff I've ever encountered (I'm talking about staff in one of their Irish shops).

It took over 2 months for them to replace my son's phone which was under warranty. Anytime I rang (and there were many calls...), I was given some excuse or other as to why there was a delay. I rang the UK, emailed head office in Mumbai and finally got a new phone. I will never ever deal with Three again and neither would I advise anyone else to...

• Advertisement

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Then why even mention selling it at a loss in the first place????
    You still haven't given a satisfactory response to your original post.
    BTW, this is AH, you can expect to be "nitpicked" anywhere on Boards but particularly on AH.

very sorry Andrew :)

yep O2 are the best of a bad bunch. Their CC have access to the most systems and can help you with most problems without management breeding down their necks.

I would say O2 are the absolute worst (I haven't been with three though).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Absolute no brainer for me - three, three, three, three, three.................:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

I think this thread should be forwarded to 3:pac:. Not that they'd take it on board or anything..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Eircom, they've sent out a technician five times but he still hasn't arrived, constant lies about "yes we have fixed your broadband or we are really busy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Is that physically possible and more importantly, is there a Japanese word or phrase to describe such a deviant act?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,649 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Have had no problems with Three myself, mind you, Im not on a contract Im a pay as you go customer for their broadband, never had a problem with their connection and I used to live in the middle of nowhere in Leitrim.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Having a bit of hassle with UPC. I used to share the house with my brother, but he's moved abroad. UPC won't transfer the bill into my name, they say I have to cancel the account in my brother's name and open a new one. But they won't close the current account without a letter from my brother. They won't remove my multi room without my brother's authorisation, though it was fine for me to get it put in. Still, they're happy to take money out of my bank account.

I think I might have to phone up and say that my brother's dead, see if that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

VHI

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Binka wrote: »
    Absolute no brainer for me - three, three, three, three, three.................:(

3+3+3+3+3=15. Yeah I don't like 15 either, B*stard number.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Feeded

AXA are the biggest shysters I've yet to encounter.

Lady driver was double parked on a narrow slip road (from Kilkenny train station), while a passanger in the back seat was getting out. She opened her driver door without looking and slammed it into the offside front of driving car.

1k in panel beating needed on my end (and a new door on her car by all accounts).

AXA for 9 weeks refused to pay out, then said they would pay out but not accept liability for another 4 weeks, then with the mention of legal action finally payed with admission the same day.

I took photos on my phone at the time, i literally cant imagine a less contestable case than opening your parked door and hitting a moving car. AXA, it would seem, refuse to pay untill sued or a threat of legal action. If i ever have to claim from them again, they will be getting a registered solliceter's letter day 1. I can well imagine how people would just end up paying out themselves out of despair, the dirtbags.

Quinn handled everything from my end, very professional, kept me updated by phone or email weekly, deal with one Irish claims manager, who gives you her mobile number and email. Swore to stick with Quinn from then on, and will not allow any friends or family move to AXA.

someone rear-ended me while driving to work a week ago. . . The driver admitted liability. . Rang his insurance company AXA to speak with the claim handler. .i was given his name by my insurance company, QUINN. . . .My car has nearly seven thousand euros of damage and i have yet to be telephoned by AXA. . The garage that has my damaged car has spoken to the claims handler and the assessor and they have yet to ring me . . .they . .are . .the. . .most. . .frustrating crowd to deal with and i'd advise everyone to be prepared if you're looking to claim from them. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Eircom :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

All insurance companies are the biggest pain in the ass, scumbags w*nkers. They would do anything to avoid paying out and will try to take as much money from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭swizzle123

Oh fact three are nothin but useless ****ers! Im signed up to pay 20 euro a month for internet service and got a bill the other day for 130 euro.. still haven't the problem resolved because anyone I ring cant understand me... >:( cuz they are all Indian!

Axa insurance aswell...wasters! When i was getting my car insured they actually told me in the office.. axa dont insure Honda's.. I was like wtf? The lady told me they only insure honda's that are less than a year old? Which makes zero sense so does that mean anyone insured on a new honda has to buy a new car or get a new insurance company after the one year.... eeeejits!

Rant over!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

tink2 wrote: »
    UPC hands down the worst EVER !! And I work in customer service!

I thought when they were NTL they were dreadful for customer service. Then they changed name / ownership and remained woeful for the first six months. But over the last 8 months I've noticed a difference, and that is from having them out here on two occasions and also soon again next week to look at a slightly faulty (but old) box.

I might be wrong but my impression of late is that they have improved and vastly so given the crap NTL were (in)famous for.

Maybe others have a different experience ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

kylith wrote: »
    Having a bit of hassle with UPC. I used to share the house with my brother, but he's moved abroad. UPC won't transfer the bill into my name, they say I have to cancel the account in my brother's name and open a new one. But they won't close the current account without a letter from my brother. They won't remove my multi room without my brother's authorisation, though it was fine for me to get it put in. Still, they're happy to take money out of my bank account.

I think I might have to phone up and say that my brother's dead, see if that helps.

Get someone to ring them and pretend to be your brother - just make sure they have his name, address, date of birth and telephone number. That's what I had to do with them once. Tossers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'm moving back to Ireland next year and both myself and my OH will be signing up for a bill phone when we arrive. I can safely say after reading this thread there is no way either of us will be signing up with 3. Yes, we should take complaints with a pinch of salt but if nearly every second post in this thread is about 3, they're clearly horrendous.

Also, UPC aren't sounding too great. I know my parents are with them and every so often their internet just goes, for no reason and they have to wait for it to start working again.

/makes mental note of companies to avoid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

Well any company can state their terms and conditions and then stick to them I'll grant you that. But a bank which wont handle cash is a little like a library which refuses to handle books.

Very true, agree 100 % ! But get used to it, there is an agenda with the banks to get rid of cash,cheque books and customers who like to deal with someone face to face. Far too expensive for them, doesnt mattter that some customers NEED to use cash, cheques, etc ! Seemed to meet with the approval of some members of the previous government as well !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jcassa

booked a flight for december with aerlingus 233euros, due to family matters had to change dates, used the online option and was charged 160 to change flight and a further 614euros for flight. initial flight which i changed was also charged, total 1006euros. spoke to supervisor who told me a glitch with the system had not refunded first flight cost so i was happy with that. checked bank account and full amount was taken. phoned again to be told that when you change a flight the total cost of the first flight is charged and a 160euro change fee plus the price of the new flight. total rip off, will never use aerlingus again.
    beware if you need to change your flight. i`m sticking to ryanair in the future. ripoff ireland rings well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Eircom and Sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

jcassa wrote: »
    booked a flight for december with aerlingus 233euros, due to family matters had to change dates, used the online option and was charged 160 to change flight and a further 614euros for flight. initial flight which i changed was also charged, total 1006euros. spoke to supervisor who told me a glitch with the system had not refunded first flight cost so i was happy with that. checked bank account and full amount was taken. phoned again to be told that when you change a flight the total cost of the first flight is charged and a 160euro change fee plus the price of the new flight. total rip off, will never use aerlingus again.
    beware if you need to change your flight. i`m sticking to ryanair in the future. ripoff ireland rings well

My fellas mum changed a flight recently too. She had to pay the cost of the new flight LESS the cost already paid for the flight she was cancelling. Then she had canecellation, admin charges on top.

I would ask again if I were you as charging you for two flights is wrong. If that were the case you should of not of bothered with a cancellation and not turned up to board the initial flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 K_2008

UPC. An utter joke. They immediately started overcharging me on my direct debit once I signed up. When I phoned to explain they said they'd get a supervisor to call back which never happened (on numerous occasions).

After about 30 phone calls and emails over the course of a few months I cancelled my direct debit and was told there would be a 'cancellation fee'. After threatening to contact COMREG I never heard from them again (apart from the regular leaflets they started posting me since, advising me of the great service they have to offer...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

cocoshovel wrote: »
    I actually have really good experiences with Eircom. I find their customer service to be very helpful and fast. Maybe because I knew exactly what I was talking about, but we had the problem sorted out fast enough and even had a little chat about video games :pac:. I always get want I want sorted with them fast. However my friend who tends to hop on the angry and snappy tone band wagon has a tough time with them. I wonder why. Broadband speeds aren't all that great but its the best I can get here.

Aer Lingus are pretty good too, never had a problem with them.

ESB: ****e service, poor customer service.

You most be the only person i know that think Eircom are any good.

I have had to deal with them from a business sense for last 15 odd years.
    In that time I have had to deal with outages of up to a few days in duration because ...
    • their engineers dug up the lines
    • they reassigned lines to different exchange that was not ISDN/broadband enabled
    • closed account because of lack of payment even though cheque had been cashed
    • couldn't assign a call or send out engineer because it was after 4.30pm

Some of the other telecoms companies are nearly as bad.
    Dishonourable mentions include...
    O2, Regional Broadband, UPC/NTL

As for gopod companies I have to concurr Amazon are pretty damm good.
    Once ever left waiting for camera but that down to camera manufacturer and not Amazon.

Also have found Dabs to be pretty good and have replaced items that have malfunctioned.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Bank of Ireland killester branch fooked me over badly while i was abroad

on the plus side, i've nothing but good to say about FBD, great customer service (and very funny ads on the radio!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Three, by an absolute mile are the worst company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

Long story short, I wanted to cancel after my 12 month contract, paid full and final settlement up to the final day of the 12 months. Received an additional bill a month later, modem had not been used. Rang them - had months of trouble over an additional twenty euro charge, plus ten euro penalty for non payment of said twenty euro.

They got debt collectors after me after I refused the penalty charge (had eventually given in and paid the twenty to get them off my back - harrassing phone calls from India)
    Had a debt collector from the UK ring me for the ten euro.

I absolutely tore into anyone and everyone who would answer the phone. They had no clue as to Irish law concerning debt collection.
    They have no business dealing with Irish customers if they are not up to speed on the law.

I was warneed my credit rating with ICB would be affected (this was after i asked them if this was the case) - So i asked them what ICB stands for - They didn't know.

An absolute shambles of a company and i do warn everyone off them. I'd say i've cost them a good twnety or thirty potential customers, probably more through word of mouth spreading amongst family and friends.

The best?

Vodafone, by an absolute country mile. 24 hour customer service, very helpful staff. I once needed something at 4am (at the airport) and was instantly connected to someone in the UK who sorted it immediately.
    When i was on pay as you go, I had an issue with online credit purchase (their site woudln't load the confirmation page, so i ordered it again, and again - it eventuially charged me for three full top ups of 20 euro with ten free for each transaction - so I had 90 credit. Rang them up, they apologised, refunded the additional 40 i spent in error and left me with the extra free credit, so i ended up with 50 euro credit for my trouble - all of about ten minutes of inconvenience, and the CSR was absolute delight to deal with, very pleasant)

Another good one, ESB - Customer service are extremely helpful, and polite, very impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Another good service i found - Pixmania, great value. Ordered a bunch of stuff on a thursday afternoon (14:37 according to receipt) and had it at 9:30 the next morning, shipped from Germany by UPS. €1 extra for the next day delivery, so total delivery cost of €15.99 i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Judging by this thread I must be the only person who has never had a problem with UPC :eek:

Fantastic internet service for me, good on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

Molloys

need I say anymore ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

Molloys

need I say anymore ;)

You consider yourselves to be the worst company you've dealt with??

Post fail!

It has to be Sky by a country mile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Eircell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The best?

Vodafone, by an absolute country mile. 24 hour customer service, very helpful staff. I once needed something at 4am (at the airport) and was instantly connected to someone in the UK who sorted it immediately.
    When i was on pay as you go, I had an issue with online credit purchase (their site woudln't load the confirmation page, so i ordered it again, and again - it eventuially charged me for three full top ups of 20 euro with ten free for each transaction - so I had 90 credit. Rang them up, they apologised, refunded the additional 40 i spent in error and left me with the extra free credit, so i ended up with 50 euro credit for my trouble - all of about ten minutes of inconvenience, and the CSR was absolute delight to deal with, very pleasant)
    I wouldnt recommend reading the talk to Vodafone forum if you want to keep believing that......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

The worst company I've dealt with are Toni & Guy, over the last decade I've occasionally ended up there despite my better judgement. It doesn't matter what branch or city, they are consistently crap - don't listen or care, tell me what I want and don't pay attention to what they are doing.

NRC taxis in Dublin are brilliant, I've used them ten years, never late if they think they might be delayed they call and let me know, drivers all nice without exception I've even been told I can pay again when I've needed banklink. I've had my mobile dropped to my house on one occasion and my makeup bag on another. During the one and only time they let me down, I was late for a job interview I phoned up complained afterwards and they gave me credit for same amount again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Katgurl wrote: »
    The worst company I've dealt with are Toni & Guy, over the last decade I've occasionally ended up there despite my better judgement. It doesn't matter what branch or city, they are consistently crap - don't listen or care, tell me what I want and don't pay attention to what they are doing.
    I went once. All I got was a colour and cut but you'd swear to God that the guy doing my hair was doing me some massive favour and wasn't going to charge me a small fortune for the privilege :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Eircell.

Old school :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Bullchomper

Well if you're referring to company...

The Good = mo chairde

The Bad = the ex

The Ugly = the semi conscious man-things I drag back from the globe

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

The best?

Vodafone.

FACE PALM, they are an absolute joke. Worst customer care going.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

A lot of people are saying they had a bad experience with Dell, but mine was the total opposite - found them to be really helpful. Still, prob wouldn't buy a Dell again. Not the best laptops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

A particular small jewellery website. I am out of the country from September - Christmas, so back in August I went on this website to buy a nice necklace for my girlfriend's birthday, which I would miss. About a month passes and no sign of the necklace, so, seeing my departure date closing in, I sent them an email enquiring. No reply. I had to go on Paypal and raise a dispute, again no reply, and eventually on October 17th (out of the country by this point) I made a claim. Got my money back at the beginning of this month. My girlfriend never got her gift before I left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ive never had a problem with UPC, i rang them and told them that my BB speed was not what i was paying for. They apologised, said they'd investigate it and gave me 2 months half price for the hassle. Week later the line was fixed

Advertisement