Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The worst company you have ever dealt with?

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sorifinh

CarMe wrote: »
    Three! Absolute fcuking horror story! My mam died in June just 11 days after my first baby was born, in August I could eventually bring myself to cancel her bills-phone,esb and three- well to my embarrassment I welled up while on the phone to three, they asked for her death cert, I explained that the coroner hasn't got all the reports yet and all I have is an intrim cert, they refused this and despite my tears accused me of being a liar. Absolutely horrible, I offered to pay the outstanding myself but no they spoke to me like I was a piece of sh!t! Esb however were lovely, offered their deepest sympathies and happily cut off everything there and then.

I hate 3 I think the management are vile and the staff are horrible

I welled up reading that. What an awful way to treat someone.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

So glad I'm not the only one having trouble with Three.

I live in Kildare and about 2 months ago we had zero coverage for about a week and a half due to a damaged mast in the area. I called them up and told them to cancel my account as I wasn't happy with the service as it was slow at the best of times anyway.

I cancelled my direct debit and left it at that, but they have been sending me bills for 2 additional months of service, which I did not receive :mad:

I called up Bangladesh yesterday to try and straighten it out and was told that I need to pay the excess and then they'll cancel the account for me.

I told them to take me to court because there's no way in fiery Hell I'm paying for a service I didn't receive..

2 fingers to them.

Why must they outsource their call center to India anyway? It makes it very difficult to build up any sort of a rapport the person you're speaking with. Their English is fine, yes.. but there is still a gaping communication barrier IMHO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭spankadamonkee

Bad: Airtricity ( thick cnuts)
    Pixmania ( still waiting on an mp3 player that i paid for 4 weeks ago)
    Quinn Direct claims ( had an accident. I was 23 at the time. The other driver completely at fault, yet Quinn, my insurance company, wanted to split the blame 50/50 even though i was 100% right. They assumed that because of my age, young male driver, that i was partly to blame. Through tireless work by my solicitor, i receievd none of the blame. Idiots!

Good: micksgarage.ie - Brilliant service.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BlimpyBoy

Apache Pizza

I got the wrong pizza from them and called up to sort it out.

In the end they told me that the menu had been changed recently and the pizza I got was actually the right one. (complete bull****. The menu had just been put through my door the day before and that pizza hasn't been changed even now)

They refused to take it back but said I could order another pizza for half price. I politely declined.

The worst thing was that it had mushrooms on it. Mushrooms!!! :(

Shower of lying cnuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

NTL (in fairness they have become a bit better since they became UPC), but I could go for hours about the horrific experiences I had when they were NTL. Worst company to deal with EVER. And to say that the staff couldn't give a sh(t when you rang up with a problem (if you could even get through) is understating it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

BlimpyBoy wrote: »
    Apache Pizza

I got the wrong pizza from them and called up to sort it out.

In the end they told me that the menu had been changed recently and the pizza I got was actually the right one. (complete bull****. The menu had just been put through my door the day before and that pizza hasn't been changed even now)

They refused to take it back but said I could order another pizza for half price. I politely declined.

The worst thing was that it had mushrooms on it. Mushrooms!!! :(

Shower of lying cnuts.

of all the pizza companies out there, apacahe has to be the worst by far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

UPC, idiots of the highest order. Grossly unhelpful over the phone and they never return any calls. On calling them, their phone manner is truly appalling and you get the feeling that their primary aim is to annoy you.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

COYW wrote: »
    UPC, idiots of the highest order. Grossly unhelpful over the phone and they never return any calls. On calling them, their phone manner is truly appalling and you get the feeling that their primary aim is to annoy you.

Girl: "Ok try unplugging the TV for 30 seconds"

*25 seconds lapses*

Girl: "Ok, now..."

*I plug it back in thinking enough time had lapsed*

Girl: (In condescending tone) "No, I said 30 seconds, plug it back in"

:mad: grrrrrrrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Galtee

Ulster Bank are a wunch of bankers.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Ive never had a problem with UPC, i rang them and told them that my BB speed was not what i was paying for. They apologised, said they'd investigate it and gave me 2 months half price for the hassle. Week later the line was fixed

I had a similar experience. They are pretty decent and nice to deal with since becoming UPC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Galtee wrote: »
    Ulster Bank are a wunch of bankers.

missus recently changed to ulster bank, she has found them very helpful any time she needed them

missus recently changed to ulster bank, she has found them very helpful any time she needed them

Really? Anytime I've had to deal with them regarding anything pressing I've always found them to be a wunch of bankers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Bet you it wasn't the Bray one, their customer service team have admitted to a colleague who changed to UB that 'they had a lot of complaints about Bray'

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mdoyler2

Use to hate dealing with NTL/UPC, they have improved a lot in recent years, although it couldn’t have got any worse.

Eircom has been top of my list for the last few years, they really are clueless.

I was trying to get boardband into the house; I had no phoneline and other providers wouldn’t connect me until I had an active phoneline for 6mths. Called Eircom, minimum contract 12months….. it was a long 12 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

€ircom and Aviva

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

O2 definitely and i cannot think of a worse crowd to do business with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

mdoyler2 wrote: »
    Use to hate dealing with NTL/UPC, they have improved a lot in recent years, although it couldn’t have got any worse.

Eircom has been top of my list for the last few years, they really are clueless.

I was trying to get boardband into the house; I had no phoneline and other providers wouldn’t connect me until I had an active phoneline for 6mths. Called Eircom, minimum contract 12months….. it was a long 12 months.

There is a way around this buddy. The contract is only for the line. If you request the line only with no call packages or broadband and when you set up your broadband ask the provider not to bill you for your line rental.

This way you will get your rental billed separately of eircom and won't break the contract. It's a complete con on eircom behalf tho as the line rental is passed onto them even if collected by another company, its just their way of makin some money off ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Lallys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

OP,
    if are in need of any advice or support with complaints and poor service read up/contact a 'consumer direct' type hotline/website-here is irelands equivilents: RoI: http://www.nca.ie/ and NI: http://www.consumercouncil.org.uk/

from own experience by proxy [accounts were mine,but have got appointees who act on behalf],had never had an issue with sky directly,just the crappy signal from crappy weather screwing with the dodgy LNBs.
    sister had an issue with them to the point she had to get trading standards involved,she had signed up dad to sky through that referal offer they do and she was expecting marks and spencer vouchers which she never got for many many months until she and a stack of others got trading standards involved,apparently they had been overwhelmed and coudnt keep up with demand,sky of all companies.

worst company have ever had to deal with [again,by proxy] is halifax.
    they are the bank am under,and because am not able to access banks at all have always had a appointee who deals with that side.
    halifax have continuously made it more difficult for the appointee to get money out by bringing out huge forms needing to be filled in each time, he has to have several forms of ID and a blue badge of mine.
    can understand the security reason behind this but they have just gone one further.

they have now stopped all access to accounts by people other than the account holder,regardless of whether they go there weighed down with evidence or not and regardless of personal reasons,apparently its because halifax recently joined up with lloyds tsb.
    the appointee had asked what other choices are they,and they said there is only power of attorney-which is a lengthy process to get,costs money [which am not able to access] and besides the point; do not want to go anywhere near a POA as it means having all rights taken away, and never being able to make choices as the POA woud do that.

have been money less for weeks now,unable to get into the account,am a long time service user of residential care and have to have a book/over the counter account for paper trail purposes,am oweing a lot of money already and in terms of money to spend only get twenty odd quid every week in income support due to being in residential.
    its extremely unfair that banks will accomodate for blind/VI and mobility impaired folks no problem but for those of us whose disabilities affect us to the point of needing someone else to go in; on behalf,its tough s**t.

a favourite company of mine is robinsons equestrian in the UK.
    obviously,from the name its an equestrian megastore-the one that have always gone to is very near haydock race course and has multiple floors of anything to do with horses,countryside,dogs etc.
    its a favourite because they have always dealt with problems extremely quick,and they always turn the PA system/music and big fans off and keep by the phones in case anyone rings so they can answer quickly [am severely autistic and accutely affected by sound as a result].
    they always say hi whenever we go in,they do not see people as money but rather as humans who may or may not buy,it isnt surprising theyre the biggest equestrian store brand in the UK.
    -derby house is the next biggest,but theyre an absolute rip off,plus most of their clothing and riding hats/skulls only goes up to a small size showing their bias towards bigger people and those who like baggier items, though to be fair their postage is reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

[QUOTE=Grimreaper666;75171439]Permanent TSB, Bank of Ireland, Easy Jet. Absolute crooks, i'll never darken their doors again.[/QUOTE]

*applies to PTSB for a job* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

The only one I can think of are Next.

4 years ago I applied for a position during the summer sales thinking great a few weeks work and a bit of cash for when I go back to Uni.

So got the job, went to a training day on my 21st birthday and showed up for work on the first day of the sales. Spent four hours working away and just before leaving checked the roster and found I wasn't scheduled for the next day or two.

Spent the next three days trying to ring up to find out when I was next and when I finally got hold of the manager was told that those FOUR, I repeat FOUR hours were all I was getting.

I had been lead to believe that contract was for the duration of the sales at least if not longer and actually gave my 21st up for their training day and they didn't have decency to tell me how long my contract was for!

To add insult to injury when I got my paycheck I had been taxed so much I only got €7.00!!!

I didn't even bother making a complaint, I just didn't think they were worth the stress!

Never again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

The only one I can think of are Next.

4 years ago I applied for a position during the summer sales thinking great a few weeks work and a bit of cash for when I go back to Uni.

So got the job, went to a training day on my 21st birthday and showed up for work on the first day of the sales. Spent four hours working away and just before leaving checked the roster and found I wasn't scheduled for the next day or two.

Spent the next three days trying to ring up to find out when I was next and when I finally got hold of the manager was told that those FOUR, I repeat FOUR hours were all I was getting.

I had been lead to believe that contract was for the duration of the sales at least if not longer and actually gave my 21st up for their training day and they didn't have decency to tell me how long my contract was for!

To add insult to injury when I got my paycheck I had been taxed so much I only got €7.00!!!

I didn't even bother making a complaint, I just didn't think they were worth the stress!

Never again!
    You were lucky to get a bit of work in these recessionary times, €7 better in you're pocket :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭SIRREX

Got to say i'm amazed at the spleen venting towards 3 that has been a feature of this thread. I switched to 3 after being with eircell then a particularly bad spell with Meteor, i have never regreted it after nearly 5 years. most complaints seem to be Customer complaints based but i must say the Guys in the call center were very helpful when my daughter was robbed while in France, and the guys in the 3 shop in mullingar can't do enough to help, whether it was upgrades, problems or putting my family on the same network. I've had to many good dealings with them to believe it's just that i've been lucky

As for UPC I went over to them, with grave missgivings, 2 years ago. And as a previous NTL customer (about 10 years ago) I've been very surprised at how helpful they are if you call customer care

And finally the bad
    O2- lying B*stards in advertising their wireless braodband and when you catch them out, nearly impossible to get put on right priceband, after 6 months i was so much in credit i owed nothing for the rest of the 12 months of sh*te service i had with them
    Bt- were terrible, didn't think anyone could be worse, but then Vodaphone took over and it drove me to UPC for home phone and broadband, so i got the TV too for the saving over Sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Three are a diabolical shambles.

Poor service, poor 3G network, slow internet, rigidly scripted call centre (if your problem isn't on the script then it simply cannot possibly exist), appaling customer service and a terrible billing system.

Staff are extremely rude on the phone, very abrupt and you can end up bounced from department to department being fobbed off to the point where dealing with the call centre is more of a problem then the original problem you called up about!

If you have to call them back to follow up on an issue, you have to start right back at square one and trawl through the troubleshooting steps all over. Can't simply pick up from your last dealing with them.

It looks great (and if it works, it probably is) but for me - Never, ever again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭YBTurbo

o2............

Twice they have now given my number to someone else on a sim change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Indesit product service (washing machine fix).

I am actually astounded that a company managed to get such a catalogue of failure into one simple transaction... they are totally inept, complete idiots, and the guys on the service line are on commission and they con you into a really really bad value product insurance package which is a complete nightmare to get out of.

I actually sent them 2 emails confirming what I told the guy on the phone - I didn't want the insurance, yet a week later they hit my card with a E200 charge for it. I had to send them a further 5 emails to get them to admit they were wrong to charge me for it and it was only after I threatened legal action that they admitted their mistake and promised to return the money they stole, but I STILL haven't got it yet.

And they want to charge me E114 for two service calls.. the guy came out to the house, couldn't fix the machine, ordered a part, another guy came a week later and realised the first guy had ordered the wrong part so he had to fk off without fixing it too.

And they want me to pay E114 for that shambles!In the end I just fked it out and bough a Bosch.

They'll be singing for their E114. Bastards won't get a cent from me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

NTL

Advertisement