Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5.25 to 3.5 drive bay

Options
  • 27-10-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

Hi there everyone. I just want to ask, where can I get a converter thing which can allow me to mount a card reader(3.5 floppy drive slot) onto a 5.25 HDD bay drive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭The Toff

All online retailers should sell them. If you need it in a hurry, Maplin have them for sure. I got a 3.5" to 2.5" adapter recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

The Toff wrote: »
    All online retailers should sell them. If you need it in a hurry, Maplin have them for sure. I got a 3.5" to 2.5" adapter recently.

Ah. Alright. Maplins should be good enough for me. I really don't want buying stuff online. I don't trust it that much really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

... Just don't buy any computer components from Maplin. As much as you might not trust online retailers (for whatever reason), I wouldn't trust someone charging me double for something for no good reason.

Serephucus wrote: »
    ... Just don't buy any computer components from Maplin. As much as you might not trust online retailers (for whatever reason), I wouldn't trust someone charging me double for something for no good reason.

Really? Is there any other source I can get them from but not online? I never liked Maplin either but rather than pay for postage, etc. etc., I just buy it off them. I've just seen one on eBay for around 5 euro and postage is like 8 euro or something close, then I've seen one in Maplin(UK website) for about 5.60 pounds. I reckon that's just less than 10euro here so why not buy that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

For something as small as a bay adapter you can buy it wherever you like and there's probably not going to be much of a difference. I'm talking about motherboards, graphics cards and hard drives, etc.

• Advertisement

Serephucus wrote: »
    For something as small as a bay adapter you can buy it wherever you like and there's probably not going to be much of a difference. I'm talking about motherboards, graphics cards and hard drives, etc.

Ah yeah I seriously wouldn't even think about buying at Maplin if what I needed was big parts. Seriously, seriously, seriously huge rip-off. Lol.

Advertisement