Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no dart

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Honestly!

Recent update I thought people might want highlighted

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/travel_alerts.asp?action=view&news_id=1226

"In addition, from 07.00hrs-10.00hrs and 15.00hrs-19.30hrs, Monday to Friday, a shuttle bus service will operate between Booterstown and Pearse Station for rail customers."

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

We have been driving this week to take advantage of the school holiday traffic but next week that's not an option. Most school kids will getting off at Killiney, dalkey or Booterstown so I don't see them having much of an impact on the 84x. Think this will be best option next week. With the St Andrews kids getting off in booterstown the crush exiting the station to get to the shuttle bus may be more hassle than its worth

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jethropool

I took the Dart at 7:00 this morning. By the time it got to Booterstown there were just enough people on it to fill the bottom deck of the shuttle bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I hope to god that more people start getting the dart again now the shuttle is running. It's been a nightmare getting home from town. Been having to hop on a packed 145 to Loughlinstown and the hope that the 84x behind won't be over full. Normally enough people get off the 84X to get me on though.

If the Dart isn't used next week, I shudder to think what it will be like getting home when the colleges and schools start back up.

I've said it before, but the 84x would be so much better as a pick up only bus on the way out of town until Loughlinstown. I know it would be hard / impossible to enforce, but at least with the fear of the bus maybe not stopping at the earlier stops the people who just jump on for a 5 / 10 minute trip at the moment wouldn't be so quick to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

How is the 84x in the mornings these days -- I have to get it into town tomorrow, I normally get on at Lidl, is it jammed by the time it gets to that stop?

• Advertisement

Anyone else on the upper part of the 7:00 84x this morning? We had a charming gentleman effing and blinding about the driver. The driver had the nerve to let other passengers on and stop for red lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Anyone else on the upper part of the 7:00 84x this morning? We had a charming gentleman effing and blinding about the driver. The driver had the nerve to let other passengers on and stop for red lights!
    yeah, the cheek of him! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭hoser expat

That fellow has been on the 7:00 84X (top deck, front left seat) for the whole week. A choice collection of words he has! I had the misfortune of sitting next to him on Wednesday.... He was swearing at both the driver (as you say, for the nerve of stopping for passengers!) and cyclists. At first I thought he had Tourettes, but I'm not so sure anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fagor

Anybody use Dart shuttle bus this morning? Does it go nonstop from Booterstown to Pearse and would it save time over taking 7 or 46a from Dun Laoghaire?

That fellow has been on the 7:00 84X (top deck, front left seat) for the whole week. A choice collection of words he has! I had the misfortune of sitting next to him on Wednesday.... He was swearing at both the driver (as you say, for the nerve of stopping for passengers!) and cyclists. At first I thought he had Tourettes, but I'm not so sure anymore.
    yep, drivers, cyclists, passangers not boarding in haste...etc. He was freaking yesterday as the driver didn't let people off in Fleet st as usual and went the whole way around onto the quays, was hilarious.

by the way, the 4:45 84x from the quays didn't pick up anybody after trinity college yerterday, lots of people were left behind. The service just cant cope with the increase in numbers.

• Advertisement

Fagor wrote: »
    Anybody use Dart shuttle bus this morning? Does it go nonstop from Booterstown to Pearse and would it save time over taking 7 or 46a from Dun Laoghaire?

No it stops as close to the other dart stations as it can. It also goes up Shelbourne Rd and stops on Grand Canal St. I got off on Grand Canal St yesterday morning at about 8.10 having got the Dart from Greystones at 7:00 if that helps?

Jethropool wrote: »
    No it stops as close to the other dart stations as it can. It also goes up Shelbourne Rd and stops on Grand Canal St. I got off on Grand Canal St yesterday morning at about 8.10 having got the Dart from Greystones at 7:00 if that helps?

Does the shuttle also pick up at these stops for the journey home?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

I believe the "dart buses" do pick up between Pearse st and B'town. However, it is very slow. The lack of bus lane for much of the merrion Rd south being the problem.

Does the shuttle also pick up at these stops for the journey home?

Yep. I was able to just flag one down on Grand Canal St. The shuttle buses were fine in terms of getting to and from Booterstown. The Dart home got to Greystones at 17:30 yesterday, same time as normal (getting the 16:32 from Grand Canal Dock). Overall it was a lot less hassle than getting the 84x in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just got on an 84x at the dart station. Downstairs is full and upstairs about half full. That's even with the larger bus they usually use for 145's and 46a's. I can't imagine what it would be like with the normal buses.

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Just got on an 84x at the dart station. Downstairs is full and upstairs about half full. That's even with the larger bus they usually use for 145's and 46a's. I can't imagine what it would be like with the normal buses.

Yep there going to some very disappointed people this morning.

On a bus which was full leaving the dart station. Bus just rolled passed blacklion without stopping.

Getting home is going to be a nightmare.

d31b0y wrote: »

On a bus which was full leaving the dart station. Bus just rolled passed blacklion without stopping.

About 4 empty seats upstairs at the Blacklion stop on the 7:35 this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

On a positive note, Darts could be back to normal on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Could be worse folks. You could have been on the large 7.50 from Charlesland this morning which broke down, full, on Windgates. The 8.00 took about 1/3 of the passengers at 8.25 and the rest of us dumped on the side of the road with word that they were hoping for another bus in 15 minutes.

I'm currently waiting for a Dart in Bray having gotten on a 184 that stopped. 1h 15 minutes to travel 10k from Charlesland to Bray so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

d31b0y wrote: »

I think I was on your bus Delboy... TBH, I felt lucky getting a seat at Charlesland!

Luckier still not being on Plastik's bus. What is it with the 84X and reliability?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

I got an 84X at the station at 7.25 and it picked up people at each stop to Loughlinstown. Was in city centre for 8.25.
    Plastik wrote: »
    Could be worse folks. You could have been on the large 7.50 from Charlesland this morning which broke down, full, on Windgates. The 8.00 took about 1/3 of the passengers at 8.25 and the rest of us dumped on the side of the road with word that they were hoping for another bus in 15 minutes.

I'm currently waiting for a Dart in Bray having gotten on a 184 that stopped. 1h 15 minutes to travel 10k from Charlesland to Bray so far.

Ouch ! That's awful and the big fear with taking the bus any time.

And another 1.15 from Bray Dart Station to desk in D1 via a combination of Dart, shuttle bus and DublinBike. Why the hell are the inbound Darts leaving people off on the wrong platform at Booterstown, making everyone trudge over the bridge to the shuttle bus?

2h 30 door to desk this morning. Very very unimpressed. I wonder how those that waiting for the 84x replacement bus got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

I was off work last week so missed the bedlam until today. Got the 7am 84x in this morning from Charlesland, got into work in D1 at about 8:30. Fairly straight-forward, just a lot later than normal.

In terms of getting home, is the general consensus that the 84x is a no-go in the evening or is it just the issue of it being full? (I can get it at Eden Quay so it shouldn't be an issue).

There was no problem getting on at Eden Quay for me lastweek.

I have been on the 145 to Loughlinstown hospital all last week. I hope that will still be an option but it seemed busier this morning than it was last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

Plastik wrote: »

Oh No!! I am so glad I missed that bus :eek:.

For the 84x going home, I wouldn't recommend going to a stop later than Nassau St, it is normally full by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

For the 84x going home, I wouldn't recommend going to a stop later than Nassau St, it is normally full by then.
    Which is only the second stop on the route!

At this rate, everyone's going to go to Eden quay tonight and who can blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭darter

Just got on a 4 at Merrion Sq. to go to Sydney Parade. The driver looked at my rail pass, and said "this is a bus, not a train - I don't take rail passes". He apparently has been living on the moon for the last week.

Sat on the empty 16:08 DART at Sydney Parade. Already late. Why is that? There's no reason to be leaving late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭darter

darter wrote: »
    Sat on the empty 16:08 DART at Sydney Parade.

Spoke too soon. Filled up at Booterstown - mostly kids from St Andrews who have to take the Greystones DARTs as there are no others.

Tomorrow I'm using earplugs...

Advertisement