Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling a purchase

Options
  • 27-10-2011 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi,I'm just looking for a bit of advice. I purchased a mattress from a deal website and it is supposed to be dilivered in the next 2 weeks. But stupidly didn't look at reviews on it til now,and it isn't nice reading. It seemed like a great deal,but now I feel I'll end up having to buy another 1 in a few months and it will end up costing me a fortune. Can I now cancel the order and get a refund on my credit card? Or am I now stuck with it? Thanks for any replies.

Comments

I would have thought you had 7 days to return it as with any online purchase but I'm open to correction

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭lip

Hi,I wanted to cancel it before its delivered as the reviews on it are that its fine for a few weeks and then its a disaster. Was hoping to get the E30 delivery charge refunded too,instead of having to pay for it to be returned. Thanks a mil for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Have you contacted the help on the website or did you read the FAQ's? Did they charge your credit card?

Link to website might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Taken from the NCA website
    Whenever you purchase online you are given a "cooling off" period of at least seven working days from the date of receipt of the goods in which to consider your purchase.

Before the end of the seven days you must decide whether you want to keep the goods, or cancel the order, return the goods and get a refund.

The seven working days can be extended to a maximum of three months if the web trader fails to provide you with the required information outlined under Distance Selling Rules.

During this cooling off period you don't have to give a reason for returning the goods.

But remember that if you are cancelling in this way rather than returning faulty goods, you may have to pay for the cost of returning the item.

Hi,the problem is,I ordered it 5 weeks ago. delivery should have been 2-4 weeks. Emails are not being replied to. Website doesnt say anything helpful. My credit card was charged straight away. Tried ringing their customer service number,but I'm just getting an automated message telling me to refer to their website. Think its going to be a hard lesson to learn for me,if it seems too good to be true,it probably is,and NEVER buy anything online without researching first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

lip wrote: »
    Hi,the problem is,I ordered it 5 weeks ago. delivery should have been 2-4 weeks. Emails are not being replied to. Website doesnt say anything helpful. My credit card was charged straight away. Tried ringing their customer service number,but I'm just getting an automated message telling me to refer to their website. Think its going to be a hard lesson to learn for me,if it seems too good to be true,it probably is,and NEVER buy anything online without researching first.

Can u please add the link so we can look at it, if legit or fake

Your cooling off period only begins once you've received the goods.

Hi Nava,this is the website-http://www.cloudsmemoryfoam.com/ Thanks.
    Thanks Dudara,but I was hoping to cancel before recieving it,as I would assume there is a charge for returning it.

Cancelling would indeed be the best thing, if possible.

There are 3 numbers listed in the Contact Us section of their website. Are any of them working?

Their address is listed as a suite on Regent Street, which implies that it's just a mail forwarding address (see www.completeformations.co.uk).

I've searched the Companies House listings for the UK and I can't find a company called Clouds Memory Foam. They must be registered under a different name. A search on whois.net didn't return any contact details either.

Thank you so much for that Dudara. It does sound very iffy doesn't it? I'll send them a cancellation email and hope for the best,but not too hopeful as none of my emails have been answered bar 1 where I threatened to take my complaint further. Wonder if I would have the right to cancel if it is not delivered within the specified time,which is 2-4 weeks,its now been 5 weeks???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

lip wrote: »
    Thank you so much for that Dudara. It does sound very iffy doesn't it? I'll send them a cancellation email and hope for the best,but not too hopeful as none of my emails have been answered bar 1 where I threatened to take my complaint further. Wonder if I would have the right to cancel if it is not delivered within the specified time,which is 2-4 weeks,its now been 5 weeks???
    Something like this would be a courier delivery. You might be able to refuse delivery.

Contact your credit card company, Item is overdue and they ain't responding to phones/emails. They might consider a chargeback...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

Refuse to accept delivery as that way you won't have to send it back at a cost to you.

I received email yesterday saying that due to high volumes of orders my delivery was delayed and will be dispatched next week. Replied to them stating that it wasn't good enough and cancelled my order and requested a full refund including delivery charge. Still haven't received a reply from them. If it does get delivered I will definately refuse it. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I received email yesterday saying that due to high volumes of orders my delivery was delayed and will be dispatched next week. Replied to them stating that it wasn't good enough and cancelled my order and requested a full refund including delivery charge. Still haven't received a reply from them. If it does get delivered I will definately refuse it. Thanks again.

I would still contact the CC company and request a chargeback.

RoboRat wrote: »
    I would still contact the CC company and request a chargeback.

was just going to say this, maybe say you can't get in touch with the company and the delivery is long overdue, perhaps leaving out the fact that they had emailed you? Would that get you into trouble maybe?

Hi,I rang CC company and they have put in a dispute with the company over non delivery. I had to forward them all the emails I sent them and the 2 they sent me. It'll probably take weeks fo this to be resolved,but will keep ye posted. Thanks again for all your comments.

Advertisement