Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We deserver everything we get

• 27-10-2011 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

This Presidential Campaign has left me very disillusioned with the Irish electorate. In fact I m even more annoyed with the electorate than our excuses for politicians.

For the last 14 years Fianna Fail made a mess of our country and ruined our greatest period of economic activity and left us back in the 1950's. Our best and brightest have emigrated, many of us are on the dole and more of us are suffering with mortgages etc. Yet in the final week of campaigning Seán Gallagher, a man up to his oxters in Fianna Fail, was leading the polls. Even after his melt dow on Monday night I ve still spoken to people willing to overlook the facts and keep suporting the man. Some of these people are suffering the after effects of FF policy and are still willing to back him .

Others I met were still beating the drum for David Norris despite his controversial comments regarding child abuse, pedastry etc. We ve been subjected to horror stories of paedophilia commited for generations by the religious orders yet Norris still has apologists. I m not saying Norris has ever committed any illegal acts but his questionable comments alone should have precluded him from even contesting the prestigious office of President of Ireland.

I dont know what to make of it. Its hard to have hope for the future of the country when the general population can be so easily led by what they see and hear in the media.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

talk to joe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

duckysauce wrote: »
    talk to joe
    Norris or Gallagher supporter by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

n32 wrote: »

its a free country and people should be able to vote for who ever they like,
    its not a dictatorship ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

You know, you've said a lot about yourself in that post.

Turns his back and looks at a blank TV screen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I am more concerned about the caliber of gobsh1te and has been that presented itself as 'electable' . :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

n32 wrote: »

VOTED NO1 Higgins and yes to both the other fcking questions and more info needed ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

This isn't really going anywhere good.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement