Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People that leave boards

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I wonder are there many sock puppets about ? Do the moderators check for multiple IP addresses ? I'd say some banned trolls are still lurking on boards in other guises...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

They were consumed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

All those that said the economy would never go belly up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

woodoo wrote: »
    Another reason would be they got a new job where they actually have to work :D

Is it still that rare for people to post from home?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

sam34 wrote: »
    WTF? YOU'RE the one who posts up the info so if you want to remain anonymous just don't post identifying info.

Wow, chill chill what I mean is access to the profile part the shows all old posts and threads started should be totally private unless you "friend" a person. It's very invasive that anyone can go looking up all your ramblings, if it was private it would be very unlikely a person would go through every post on the site to try find something.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

CarMe wrote: »
    Wow, chill chill what I mean is access to the profile part the shows all old posts and threads started should be totally private unless you "friend" a person. It's very invasive that anyone can go looking up all your ramblings, if it was private it would be very unlikely a person would go through every post on the site to try find something.

I'm after spending the last while going through your posts, they make for an interesting read, think I've nearly figured out who you are.;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Gmol wrote: »
    Things change

People change

Deansgrange

Plus ca change! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭roro1neil0

Dudess wrote: »
    I'd imagine most people who do it set up another account after a while.
    ever consider closing your a/c and walking away from boards dudess?

i guess she did

woodoo wrote: »
    Hey were all in it for the thanks :D

Personally speaking .......... the lulz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭lostboy

love the way half the posters on this thread have closed their accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Can we make Dudess come back? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Abi wrote: »

No, good riddance I say. Never was fond of her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Funny how at least ten people who posted in this ended up closing their accounts.

EDIT: beaten to it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

LordSmeg wrote: »

She used to be ok, then she was overtaken by rage and anger. Probably for her own good she closed her account.

• Advertisement

She used to be ok, then she was overtaken by rage and anger. Probably for her own good she closed her account.

Seemed very cynical to me, a lot of the "older" posters seem that way actually. I suppose after so long of posting and reading the same old stuff over and over again anyone would become cynical.

We should have a boards retirement forum where all the oldies can go and talk about the good old days and spend a few hours at the looking window (pic of a field), could post a different field every week to keep them from getting restless.

I wonder if a new account would change much in that regard. With the opportunity to change your opinions without being challenged you might start looking at things a lot differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Should people really be discussing a poster like that?
    Closed account or not, I don't think it's appropriate.

Now that you mention it ......... hadn't seen her for a bit. I think she had a lot of posts .......... maybe got a new obsession :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Like in a 'not speaking ill of the dead' sense?

Seemed very cynical to me, a lot of the "older" posters seem that way actually. I suppose after so long of posting and reading the same old stuff over and over again anyone would become cynical.

We should have a boards retirement forum where all the oldies can go and talk about the good old days and spend a few hours at the looking window (pic of a field), could post a different field every week to keep them from getting restless.

I wonder if a new account would change much in that regard. With the opportunity to change your opinions without being challenged you might start looking at things a lot differently.

Oi! Grasshopper!

• Advertisement

Its not like she's dead or anything, its just a closed account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Dudess probably got sick of calling numb-skulls out on their stupidity. She was a bit like the Katie Taylor of boards - nearly impossible to land a clean punch on her and giving most who tried a good hiding in spite of themselves.

Spread wrote: »
    Oi! Grasshopper!

Back to the home granpa ! Time your your lie down !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Its not like she's dead or anything, its just a closed account.

Yeah I know!
    I just don't think it's fair t'is all.

Back to the home granpa ! Time your your lie down !

No, it's only gone past midday here. But I can stay up today to watch Greece beat the Germans ...... or so my granddaughter says!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

This thread is like a Boardsie graveyard! :(

05-06-2012, 01:20 #62
    Dudess
    Closed Account

Adverts | Friends
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by derekeire
    There are plenty of acts out there that i dislike. I respect the rights of others to be entertained by them though.
    I would never begrudge anyone the right to be famous - we all have our right to that 15mins lol.
    I am a jedward fan though. They can't sing, their dancing is sh1te but they are hugely entertaining and funny guys.

(Is this her last post?)

So you acknowledge they're shyte. People are entitled to express this opinion without being told they're "begrudgers". Not everyone wants to jump on the "I will say I like Jedward just to show how openminded I am" bandwagon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Spread wrote: »
    05-06-2012, 01:20 #62
    Dudess
    Closed Account
    (Is this her last post?)

So you acknowledge they're shyte. People are entitled to express this opinion without being told they're "begrudgers". Not everyone wants to jump on the "I will say I like Jedward just to show how openminded I am" bandwagon.
    Could have posted elsewhere in a private/restricted access forum - those posts don't show under the user's public profile I think

Didn't realise that she was a Soccer buff! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Dudess probably got sick of calling numb-skulls out on their stupidity. She was a bit like the Katie Taylor of boards - nearly impossible to land a clean punch on her and giving most who tried a good hiding in spite of themselves.

Bit like yourself chuckstone :)

• Advertisement

I'd bet my life that you're a re-reg of an old account. You're posting style seems familiar. Now to figure out which one you are......

Saying something like that when she can't comment is nothing short of nasty. I mentioned her with good intentions, but I'm sorry I did now.

Saying something like that when she can't comment is nothing short of nasty. I mentioned her with good intentions, but I'm sorry I did now.

For all we know, it is her!

How is it nasty ? Its a closed account ffs Boards is 90% moaning about someone that cant comment. Dudess is nothing but a closed account now, she is no longer a member of the forum so saying "I dont want her back" is absolutely no different than saying "I want her back". If its ok for you to comment its ok for me to comment. And good or bad it cannot be considered personal.

dorgasm wrote: »
    I'd bet my life that you're a re-reg of an old account. You're posting style seems familiar. Now to figure out which one you are......

I'm flattered that my style is familiar to you. Good luck on your quest !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

dorgasm wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Channel Zero

Dudess gone? That's a shame. She was awesome.

I notice RichieC has closed aswell. :(

so saying "I dont want her back" is absolutely no different than saying "I want her back". If its ok for you to comment its ok for me to comment. And good or bad it cannot be considered personal.

She's hardly going to feel the need to defend herself by my commenting that I wish she'd come back now is she? So no. It is not the same.

Mods can decide whether its right or wrong, not you. I stand by what I said about it being nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I couldn't care less.

This is not a thread for After Hours.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement