Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heartbeat City Closed

Options
  • 27-10-2011 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭

Just noticed yesterday that Heartbeat city in the Bridge Centre is closed, Jack and Jones will be opening up in its place soon. Anyone hear anything about why it closed, im guessing due to bad sales or whatever, bit of a loss to the centre i would imagine, i use amazon personally but im sure some people will miss it, and the ticketmaster service will be missed aswell....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hairynipple

Will not be missed. Had to be one of the worst music shops in the country. Never made any real effort putting music into categories or in alphabetical order. Even back in the days before digital music etc they were useless always had to go to HMV to buy CDs and games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Awh I bought many CDs in there in my early teens! Well the Heartbeat City on the one way street actually (name escapes me) I always found they had a good rock/metal collection.

It's funny now to pick up CDs I would have bought 10/12yrs ago with a big orange Heartbeat City Special Offer sticker on it!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

shocksy wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything about why it closed
    i use amazon personally

I wonder......
    Wont miss it personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

its moved up to signature's space

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Dusty87 wrote: »
    I wonder......
    Wont miss it personally.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

I wonder......
    Wont miss it personally.

Oh get a grip with your sarcasm u twat.

I couldn't give a flying f*ck whether it closed permenantly or not, and i wouldn't be surprised if it did, they offer no value, they are a complete rip off, and why wouldn't i shop on amazon with free delivery and excellent value on dvds, so if you have nothing costructive to say you know what you can do ya tool
    This user is banned for 7 days.

shocksy wrote: »
    Oh get a grip with your sarcasm u twat.

I couldn't give a flying f*ck whether it closed permenantly or not, and i wouldn't be surprised if it did, they offer no value, they are a complete rip off, and why wouldn't i shop on amazon with free delivery and excellent value on dvds, so if you have nothing costructive to say you know what you can do ya tool

Lol:D,
    Did i upset ya? I wouldnt even bother reporting your post. Dont like fighting keyboard warriors.
    Anyway, what part of my post upsetted you?? I said (like yourself), i wont miss it:confused::confused:
    If you dont give a 'flying ****' as you say, why ask??
    Go to amazon, fleabay, Ares, Clara market etc, i really dont care where you get your music from.
    I gave my opinion, i wont miss it personally, for my reasons and the fact elsewhere is cheaper in Tullamore.
    Excuse me, whilst i go cry into my beer from them hurtful names.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Hi all,

I haven't bought much there recently but, in terms of giving people somewhere to go, that's always a good thing.

I did use them, however, to deliver a parcel via http://www.parcel2go.com/ie/ Cheaper than An Post services. One went to sth Germany, one to Stockport. Easy peasy service to use.

Is that the new crowd?? They collect from your house either??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Is that the new crowd?? They collect from your house either??

Not sure about home collection. I don't think so. I bought the 'label' online, having filled out an account and then printed it and stuck it on.

I think that's another crowd you're thinking of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Where else would we see jedward eh?
    Bridge Centre is making me sad. It's not a proper shopping centre at all. Is it just me or did it use to be better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Where else would we see jedward eh?
    Bridge Centre is making me sad. It's not a proper shopping centre at all. Is it just me or did it use to be better

No, its just because we have experienced real shopping centres in the years since it opened, like Athlone TC, Liffey Valley, Dundrum, that we realise what a sh!thole the Bridge Centre is now.
    I remember the days when our shopping centre was The Mall!!!! :eek: And then Dunnes on Church Street! :o

When i first experienced Mall of The Emirates in Dubai, i just thought, 'fcuk me', so this is what a real mall looks like! :D

Too bad Texas didn't go ahead and give us a real shopping centre. :(

I don't ever remember the mall being a shopping centre lol although I remember radio 3 being upstairs!!

The Mall had pretty much the same shops it has now, maybe a hairdressers upstairs i think, one or two may have changed over the years, but yep, that was it!
    And we would walk in and out of the mall all day, hang around there after school. There was also a walkway where Galvins shop is now, where you could walk from William St through to the Market Sq, it would be like walking through Galvins now, from the front of the shop to the back door, and there was a takeaway at the back called Captain Zooms, it had a restaurant attached to it too, called Beefeaters! I had my First Communion meal in there, and spilled beans on my dress! :D Ah yes, showing my age now! :P

Haha wow it sounds like a different town!! I remember there being a dunnes open where elverys is now, and my daddy would bring me for chips every Sunday after mass down to the chippers across from the Garda station.

Him taking us Christmas shopping 2nd Sunday in December and bringing us to carters afterwards, to sit down.

Joe Finalys after mass on Sundays too with pocket money to buy random cheap toys he kept behind the door.

Or an old shop that used to sell papers, had a really high counter and a tiny man behind it, where Rita daly is now. Always wanted chocolate there when dad was buying papers but he'd never buy it there lol, because he said it was probably there years :)

Ah see, you are from my era too!! I remember Dunnes on Patrick St too, grocery on one side, clothes on the other.

And the shop where Rita Daly is was called Gorrys i think. Finlay was the only shop to open Christmas day, disgraceful! :D But great if Santa forgot the batteries!!

Do you remember Quinnsworth on Patrick St? Where Quigleys cafe, O2 etc are now?

Sorry OP, we are totally going off topic here. :o

No I remember the esb where hallmark cards was. And Quinnsworth where that diy Texas was. I don't remember the inside of Patrick street dunnes but do recall it being there!! 88 baby here lol

Could be an interesting topic for a thead girls;):)
    Il even add to it:p

Advertisement