Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA at UL.

Options
  • 28-10-2011 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey guys just got an e-mail from Professor Tom Lodge there today that included this quote;

"Dear X

Your name has been given to me by colleagues who have followed your academic progress over the last year. It is very evident that you have been doing rather well. Have you thought about the possibility of staying on at Limerick after you have finished your present course to enrol for an MA?

We are holding a special event targeted at the students who are currently registered in their fourth year in a programme in the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences and whom we feel have the talent and ability to complete an MA degree successfully."

Either they have the wrong fella or this is a 'personal' e-mail sent out to everyone in 4th year!! Anyone else receive one of these? Seems a bit deceitful if it is a mass mailing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭brophya2007

If your name's not X then they've definitely sent it to the wrong fella :D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

How high does your QCA have to be to do an MA?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭FCUM

I got one as well, and I thought I was special :(

Well I didnt really think I was special, I assume if you have a QCA over a certain point they send you this.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bavib

If your name's not X then they've definitely sent it to the wrong fella :D

I could some day be professor X, if I take this opportunity to do an MA and continue on my studies.

I'm not sure what the requirements are as far as QCA but I'd be thinking 3.00 minimum. Might be wrong now, though it all depends on the MA I guess?!

Advertisement