Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA's Origin Fails at BF3 Launch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Maybe you should start by telling us the problem? :confused:

Maybe you should start by telling us the problem? :confused:

When you log into Battlelog, there's a message saying(something like?) Origin has a launch problem.

The game ran fine for me though, but I've the game running since Monday.

I think it's just for new users.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

They just mentioned on their Facebook that they're working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Yeah, you can't activate your game.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Coming back up now, just got onto Battlelog for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Got everything fully up and running around an hour ago and I've played 5 games since then. Only problem I had was getting disconnected from the server when attempting to play the campaign once so I could just set my controls without idling in the corner during a multiplayer match, but that's what I ended up doing anyway. I hit quick match, joined a random TDM server and had a blast, got MVP twice in a row which I was very surprised at.

Looking forward to more!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

heh...and people were worried about those who slipped in early. Seems we avoided all the problems :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

A battlefield game has NEVER been released without big enough problems.

Its either GFX card drivers or something game related.

If this installs and plays straight away for me its already the best one yet :D

I'm on a half day, finish at 10am straight into gamestop to spend the next 4 days on this bad boy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I've been trying to get it to run since 3am :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I did notice some error on origin yesterday and a message that they were working on it. I have still to get my game today. I should have taken the day off work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Scram wrote: »
    Why oh why did they have to refuse to sell it on stream.
    [/url]

lol, steam would have the same problems on launch day, like it has for any large game that lots are trying to activate at the same time. Just wait for the servers to go down and then give single player a try to get some bf action... only to find out there is no offline mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was not arsed getting it at midnight. No point getting when I need to wake up at 4:00 to work...

Looking forward to finos work as soon as possible!

Just wondering did they did some optimisation since beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I was not arsed getting it at midnight. No point getting when I need to wake up at 4:00 to work...

Looking forward to finos work as soon as possible!

Just wondering did they did some optimisation since beta?

With you on this one mate.

6am start and finished at 9:30am to trek back to Swords and pickup my copy to play for the next 4 days.

I booked this day as a half day months ago, how delighted was I the game was released today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

TheDoc wrote: »

6am start and finished at 9:30am to trek back to Swords and pickup my copy to play for the next 4 days.

I booked this day as a half day months ago, how delighted was I the game was released today :)

9:30 is great m8! I will be stuck here till 14:00 :( . Had 3 days off booked, but got asked to work Saturday morning now. :( I hate lazy co-workers and work to cover other arses, because they ****ed it up themselfs :(.

Good thing is misses is of to my sister on weekend. I presume drinking theyr faces off in some cocktail bar in cork. So leaves me alone with bf3+takeaway+redbull+beer+burned pizza, which I forgot in oven for 30 mins....

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

TheDoc wrote: »

I activated mine this morning at 6am, as server died yesterday as the game was live and load of people tried to jump on at once , it is fixed now from what i hear will be playing it later on so looking forward to it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

jeawan wrote: »
    I activated mine this morning at 6am, as server died yesterday as the game was live and load of people tried to jump on at once , it is fixed now from what i hear will be playing it later on so looking forward to it

It's not fixed, I can't activate it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Spear wrote: »
    It's not fixed, I can't activate it at all.

Strange i was able to this morning , mind you a friend was able to last night while i couldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

veteran battlefield.com isnt working either. I have the game, but I want to register other BF titles.

Advertisement