Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX Freezing since update.....

Options
  • 28-10-2011 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

I don’t play excessively, a few hours a week, sometimes may not even play for a few weeks. Ive been playing Assassins Creed Brotherhood from the hard drive with the disc in the drive and it has no scratches. Now after playing perfectly for a few weeks, every time I try to play the xbox freezes after 1 minute or less. I don’t think its the game because the controllers stop working and it does the same for another game. The music in the game still plays sometimes though but none of the other sfx related things seem to respond.

All this has started happening since I updated the machine a few days ago. It's an older 360 model, 20gb HD with HDMI connection, think it was bought christmas '09.

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix my problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I don’t play excessively, a few hours a week, sometimes may not even play for a few weeks. Ive been playing Assassins Creed Brotherhood from the hard drive with the disc in the drive and it has no scratches. Now after playing perfectly for a few weeks, every time I try to play the xbox freezes after 1 minute or less. I don’t think its the game because the controllers stop working and it does the same for another game. The music in the game still plays sometimes though but none of the other sfx related things seem to respond.

All this has started happening since I updated the machine a few days ago. It's an older 360 model, 20gb HD with HDMI connection, think it was bought christmas '09.

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix my problem?

Get on phone to Xbox support , sounds like the red ring isnt far off. Same happened with my poor old 20 GB Model

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

calex71 wrote: »
    Get on phone to Xbox support , sounds like the red ring isnt far off. Same happened with my poor old 20 GB Model

Don't forget awhile ago there was an update that killed some older 360's this could be the case

Edit: Here is the link

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭WheresMyCamera?

calex71 wrote: »

Tried to turn it on tonight, only to be greeted with those lovely red rings :( This is the second one I've had that has gone that way.

Sure I still have a snes from the year it was released here that works ffs! Time to call Microsoft and see how I get on.

Advertisement