Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange Service Station Arklow Protest

Options
  • 28-10-2011 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Anyone notice the recent protest at the Orange service station inArklow on Wednesday night???
    Owners of a service station barricaded the premises over alleged non-payment of rent. Hats off to the owners if this is the case. Too many people running around these days not paying their way and putting good honest hard working people to the wall.
    I hope things work out for them. Anyone one see the protest or have any views on it????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Commish wrote: »
    Anyone notice the recent protest at the Orange service station inArklow on Wednesday night???
    Owners of a service station barricaded the premises over alleged non-payment of rent. Hats off to the owners if this is the case. Too many people running around these days not paying their way and putting good honest hard working people to the wall.
    I hope things work out for them. Anyone one see the protest or have any views on it????

Didn't see it, wonder what the reason he is giving for non payment

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Commish

From what I have heard around the town the person who is renting it has a bit of a previous rep for similar things. Bad form though not paying the rent. Think I would have done the same if I were in the owners shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Seen it on Thursday morning. There was a lorry parked in front of the shop doors with a sign hanging on it saying: "Petrol station closed due to non-payment of rent."
    Cars were also parked around the forecourt denying access to the pumps.

The rent must be due a while if the owner went to the hassle of getting a sign made-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

From what I have heard around the town the person who is renting it has a bit of a previous rep for similar things. Bad form though not paying the rent. Think I would have done the same if I were in the owners shoes.

Past by it today seems to be open

Ya its back open again now. Must of came to some sort of arrangement or somethin. Heard theres like over 40 weeks rent owed on it. Thats criminal. Imagine not gettin your wages or benefits or whatever ye get for almost a year. God the tennant renting it must be some gangster. Should be tougher laws for people like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Its the same garage that had €12k worth of damage done to it last week..

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Yeah it's reopened now. Did you read that the pumps were damaged up to €12,000 worth of damage according to the Wicklow Prople.

Ya saw that. They had pictures of the guy and all in the act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Wackery

Drastic action indeed!!! The owners should hope that the people who they owe money to don't adopt the same measures against them ... What's good for the goose ......

True true indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

From what I have heard around the town the person who is renting it has a bit of a previous rep for similar things.
    +100. I refuse to go in there due to the amount of people I know scr***d over by this person, small business owners or subcontractors told to go sing for their money (allegedly).
    In fairness, the person running the shop has sublet from the alleged gangster/property developer, and is paying his rent.

I don't go into the soft play centre in the Industrial Estate either!

I think the wheel goes round for people like that though and comes around harder to meet them.
    I wouldnt buy fuel in there for the simple fact I saw the tanker that delivers it - Its black with no name or branding on it!!! i.e Washed diesel and low grade petrol.
    And I dont fund or support gangsters either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Since most of this is speculation I have decided to close it.

Speculation does no one any favours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement