Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox update

Options
  • 28-10-2011 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

I used my xbox as a media player since i havent put it online in 5 months or more.

If i update now will i still be able to use my external hdd with my movies ect on the xbox if i update?
    Or do the updates since have the same thing as the ps3 and the cinavia.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

dohcturbo wrote: »
    I used my xbox as a media player since i havent put it online in 5 months or more.

If i update now will i still be able to use my external hdd with my movies ect on the xbox if i update?
    Or do the updates since have the same thing as the ps3 and the cinavia.

It'll be fine.

A new update is also due in a few weeks , I think youtube and 4OD and some others are being added to it so might be worth leaving it connected to the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭dohcturbo

calex71 wrote: »
    It'll be fine.

A new update is also due in a few weeks , I think youtube and 4OD and some others are being added to it so might be worth leaving it connected to the internet.

Cheers, want to keep the xbox as multimedia station and update it.
    Without loosing the ability to play movies from the external harddrive on it.
    Instead of getting a multimedia hdd with there crap menus.

One more question,
    Is this the optic adaptor for the xbox that will let me hook it up to the optic on the surround sound and get full surround?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003Q958RW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A12LLKL8UTC1PK
    Because im running it through hdmi and only getting tv speakers, 3 ss speakers and sub.

Cheers, want to keep the xbox as multimedia station and update it.
    Without loosing the ability to play movies from the external harddrive on it.
    Instead of getting a multimedia hdd with there crap menus.

One more question,
    Is this the optic adaptor for the xbox that will let me hook it up to the optic on the surround sound and get full surround?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003Q958RW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A12LLKL8UTC1PK
    Because im running it through hdmi and only getting tv speakers, 3 ss speakers and sub.

Yeah thats it, reason it's needed is becasue when you plug in a hdmi cable the standard av cable wont fit, if you google you will find guides on how to butcher the one that comes with the xbox so that it fits. Thats what I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭cml387

One more question,

XBOX is stereo output only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

cml387 wrote: »
    :confused:????

XBox 360 has 5.1 surround output.

• Advertisement

cml387 wrote: »

Via red and white phono cables yes,but full 5.1 via optical output.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭upinthesky

good look with it my xbox wont update:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭dohcturbo

Cheers lads, just what i wanted to know, before i tried anything.

Ya i seen something about getting tv channels on it on some update, wanted to see how that would work aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Cant see much use for 4od or youtube, sky go is all ye need :D

Advertisement