Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bronze Cow

Options
  • 28-10-2011 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

I have googled and googled but no luck!! There is a bronze cow outwide jervis shopping centre in wolfe tone square and I cannot find why it was made! Can anyone enlighten me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Wasn't it part of a series where they made loads of different cows with different colours and materials?

They were all over the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yeah I think it is got to do with the 'Cow Parade' that happened a few years ago. There were loads of them around but most were made out of fibreglass or similar and painted. Maybe that one is there as a permanent exhibit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I remember there being a bit of scandal at the time. The exhibition had travelled the world with no problems, Rio and Jo'burg, violent as fúck, no problem. Dublin though, they were here less than 48 hours when the first one was vandalized.

I have a collection of photos from the Cow Parade, wasn't living in Dublin at the time, had an unemployed friend scouting the city to find all the cows for me, then I'd treat him to dinner at the weekend after he brought me to each of the ones he'd found to photograph! I recall they were mostly moved indoors into the Stephen's Green shopping centre and Jervis Street because of the vandalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭not even wrong

Nevore wrote: »
    I remember there being a bit of scandal at the time. The exhibition had travelled the world with no problems, Rio and Jo'burg, violent as fúck, no problem. Dublin though, they were here less than 48 hours when the first one was vandalized.
    This is a myth. These sculptures were vandalised in the following cities: And probably more but I'm tired of googling now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement