Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas present

Options
  • 28-10-2011 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    my son will be exactly 6monrhs at xmas. He already has a walker, swing chair etc, so not sure what would be a good present for him, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Wooden blocks, or a musical toy such as a xylophone if you can handle the noise.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

anything at all!!
    high chair?
    Do up his bedroom in prep for him moving in.
    Clothes.
    playpen, fireguard.

What you need to remember is you are buying for 6- 18 months so if it is a big present then buy something suitable for 9-12 months up.
    Duplo,a little trike,anything with wheels,story books and toy phones are hits here.
    Fisher price stack 'n suprise blocks are my small girls current toy of choice and is half price in Tesco.

My baby is 1 in January.

The baby is getting a scuttle bug and a v-tech walker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Anything - hes 6 months old!!!
    :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Dovies wrote: »
    Anything - hes 6 months old!!!
    :confused:

When you are a 1st time parent it is a huge deal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Out of fairness, it is a big deal only to the parent, as the child will have exactly zero memories of the day. The child will enjoy whatever is handed their way (or may enjoy the wrapping/box even more!) so truthfully xmas presents for infants is all about making the parent happy & making for cute photos.

OP - if there is something you've had your eye on & just waiting for an occassion to splurge on it, then go ahead & get it for xmas. Otherwise it really doesn't matter to your child what you do or don't get him/her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

My little fella was only 3 months old and of course we wanted to mark his first Christmas.
    We got him a few little bits, hard books, etc but his main present was something very like this http://www.toys.ie/BounceABout-!110909-prd.aspx He was able to use it when he was a bit older.

There are other options slightly cheaper & dearer.
    http://www.toys.ie/Bounce-Bounce-Baby-!110908-prd.aspx
    http://www.toys.ie/Fisher-Price-Luv-U-Zoo-Jumperoo-!109492-prd.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I've gotten my new nieces a set of coins from the year of their birth (something to keep and will be worth something when they are older - they wont remember this birthday)

might get a teddy or something to play with too.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

What about some teething stuff? Some amber stuff or a Sophie the Giraffe?

My Son loves his Sophie the Giraffe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

xzanti wrote: »
    What about some teething stuff? Some amber stuff or a Sophie the Giraffe?

My Son loves his Sophie the Giraffe :D

Thanking you! This is what Ellen is getting off the man in the big red suit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hey everyone, thanks for all the suggestions! Some great ideas. Definately going to get him the little table type thing holiday girl mentioned, not sure about anything else yet, will have to see what the othes are like in the shops!
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We're trying to pick something too for a 11 month old. He loves his stacking cups now that he's sitting up so I think I'll get him blocks of some sort.

holidaygirl I definitely recommend the fisher price jumperoo. We got it when my fella was 5 months and he loved it. He still goes into it at 9 months.

Advertisement