Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sharp lc-42ad5e-bk picture problem

• 28-10-2011 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

not sure if iv put this in the right place, correct me if im wrong,

anyway my brother has the above tv with a problem with the picture, it appears very faded, or the colour just isnt right.

iv tried changing all the settings, which didnt help at all
    he rekons its a problem with the backlight, but i was thinking that wouldnt affect it in this way would it? like its clearly visable and lit up, just colour aint right

anyway, i searched google and found nothing useful(wel in english anyway lol)

any help would be appreciated, any ideas of a fix or what it might be

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Moving to Tech > Home Entertainment > HE Do It Yourself from DIY

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

lankz92 wrote: »
    not sure if iv put this in the right place, correct me if im wrong,

anyway my brother has the above tv with a problem with the picture, it appears very faded, or the colour just isnt right.

iv tried changing all the settings, which didnt help at all
    he rekons its a problem with the backlight, but i was thinking that wouldnt affect it in this way would it? like its clearly visable and lit up, just colour aint right

anyway, i searched google and found nothing useful(wel in english anyway lol)

any help would be appreciated, any ideas of a fix or what it might be

thanks

i know this thread is old, but i still have the problem, iv taken it apart and noticed a warped board, its on the very left of the tv and has about 10-15 connections,

iv seen many heat gun fixes regarding warped boards my only worry is there are fuses soldered into this bord and i assume theyd blow if i go near it with a heat gun, i cant pinpoint any bad solder joints

any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Is the problem on all sources ? Can you take a photo and post it here ? Difficult to work on "just colour aint right". Can you elaborate ? IS it just the color or is brightness and contrast effected too ? Is there a reset or return to defaults option in the menus ?

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    Is the problem on all sources ? Can you take a photo and post it here ? Difficult to work on "just colour aint right". Can you elaborate ? IS it just the color or is brightness and contrast effected too ? Is there a reset or return to defaults option in the menus ?

Ken

yep all sources, tv, and tried sky, xbox and laptop hooked up but all the same,

have tried fiddleing with all settings, and did reset to defaults and still remains the same

will get a picture up tomoro, ill take a pic with my laptop hooked up so you can see the diff on both screens

it just seems way too bright, but no settings helps, which leaves the colour looking dull and very hard to see,
    kinda like if your at a bad viewing angle on a pc moniter??

heres that picture attached,

it doesnt look fuzzy, thats the camera, but you can see the diff from the laptop screen and the tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

It looks like the contrast is set too low to me but difficult to tell from the photo.

LCD screens to differ from a CRT type when it comes to setting up the picture. On my Samsung LCD TV the Contrast is set to maximum and brightness to about 70%. Colour controls shouldn't effect a direct RGB input - they're there for controlling the saturation of composite type signals usually.

Are the Brightness/Contrast controls having any effect at all ? Is there an Eco or Economy mode that's maybe reducing the backlight intensity ? That can cause that washed out appearance in my experience. Also disable any type of Dynamic Contrast control if present.

If all that fails then you'd have to suspect the TV is faulty !

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    It looks like the contrast is set too low to me but difficult to tell from the photo.

LCD screens to differ from a CRT type when it comes to setting up the picture. On my Samsung LCD TV the Contrast is set to maximum and brightness to about 70%. Colour controls shouldn't effect a direct RGB input - they're there for controlling the saturation of composite type signals usually.

Are the Brightness/Contrast controls having any effect at all ? Is there an Eco or Economy mode that's maybe reducing the backlight intensity ? That can cause that washed out appearance in my experience. Also disable any type of Dynamic Contrast control if present.

If all that fails then you'd have to suspect the TV is faulty !

Ken

i tried all settings, it does change but doesnt help, stil remails unwatchable, washed out look as you put it,
    i will try again tomoro, lost the remote but ill find it,

is there any way to access a service menu? like an engineer menu or something along those lines? maybe i could do a full reset from there

got this sorted,

got into the engineers menu, and reset everything i could find,

Advertisement