Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screen jitter

Options
  • 28-10-2011 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Anyone else getting a choppy screen in game? Its not laggy its just not smooth when i look around and its becoming hard to focus on enemies. I dunno what the best refresh rate is to set

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

vsync on steve?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

yeah the problem is there whether v-sync is on or off

updated to the latest gpu drivers ?

yip only updated the latest nvidia driver tonight. Like i said its not lagging just a horrible jitter. you now beside the resolution setting it also says the Hz. What should i set it too

steve_ wrote: »
    yip only updated the latest nvidia driver tonight. Like i said its not lagging just a horrible jitter. you now beside the resolution setting it also says the Hz. What should i set it too

sorry I dont have the game yet but maybe set the hz to the hz of your monitor ?

• Advertisement

should i have v-sync on or off? I set the refresh rate of my monitor to match the game and it seems to fix it

steve_ wrote: »
    should i have v-sync on or off? I set the refresh rate of my monitor to match the game and it seems to fix it

on afaik Steve

its to stop screen tearing

im glad you fixed it

Sorry but i realized it wasn't any in game settings. It seems to be a problem with the latest GPU drivers. I downgraded and now the problem is gone. Ill update again once the sort it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

What's your GPU? I'm getting something similar to what you've described and I'm on ATI. It's playable, just about but really annoying.

I'm with NVIDIA. But iv heard it happens on ati also. Downgrade to a previous driver and see if it fixes it. It worked for me

• Advertisement
Advertisement