Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Blacknight customers use WEBMAIL?

Options
  • 28-10-2011 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Opera
    Downloads parse.php

Safari
    Downloads parse.php

Firefox
    This page uses an unsupported technology that is no longer available by default in Firefox.

And I'm not the first person to complain about this issue with Blacknight.

Professional websites use @website.com, not gmail, but I imagine lots of Blacknight customers will use Gmail just to escape the headaches associated with the current system.

Blacknight should include a rugged, well supported webmail system with all hosting packages.

The current problem really needs to be sorted (without people having to download web developer extensions and fill in forms)

This is the only URL I can currently use to see my webmail:
    http://webmail.blacknight.com/
    ...That is not the URL in the Blacknight control panel, and it only works in Firefox.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you use http://altmail.blacknight.com/ you shouldn't have those issues

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Thanks for the reply Blacknight.

I'm still mad at you guys for the webmail thing, but I must say, that altmail works great.

I might not have known about it only for your post.
    You really should push this with your customers, maybe have it pop up in the control panel when someone sets up qmail.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

condra wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Blacknight.

I'm still mad at you guys for the webmail thing, but I must say, that altmail works great.

I might not have known about it only for your post.
    You really should push this with your customers, maybe have it pop up in the control panel when someone sets up qmail.

Cheers

If we could we would - the problem is that the integration between AtMail (the older version) and the control panel is very very tight and unfortunately Parallels aren't supporting it anymore .. so a simple upgrade had to be shelved as a concept and there's no easy way to alert people either .. well maybe there is - we just haven't found it yet :)

Advertisement