Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good morning Sir!

Options
  • 28-10-2011 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭

On a lighter note...

What a nice "surprise" I got this morning when leaving for work at an unglodly hour to see my old friend Orion back again for the winter. It was a real pleasure to see him again.

He's always a favourite of mine since my Dad took me many, many years ago to Dunsink Observatory & I got to check out the nebula in the big old 'scope. It blew me away!

Just thought I'd share that... :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

On a lighter note...

What a nice "surprise" I got this morning when leaving for work at an unglodly hour to see my old friend Orion back again for the winter. It was a real pleasure to see him again.

He's always a favourite of mine since my Dad took me many, many years ago to Dunsink Observatory & I got to check out the nebula in the big old 'scope. It blew me away!

Just thought I'd share that... :o
    F*cking hell, are you me? :D
    Was up really early also (due to a toothache) and had to a mental double take seeing him high in the SW, the seasons are passing faster than I can keep up with them these days.

Nice one seeing that nebula in a big scope, I've got my fingers crossed, maybe some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

I'm exactly the same, it's outside my bedroom window through the winter months and always remains my favourite! Hope we get many clear nights to enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Managed to see the old guy on my way to work on Friday morning. An old friend who I used to take an interest in trying to see.

Now all I need is a clear sky of an evening when I am NOT going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I saw Orion 3 weeks ago on Oct 8th when I got up to watch the Ireland v Wales rugby match. It was strange to see it so early in the season. I always associate Orion with cold and frosty mid winter nights so it looked out of place with the trees still covered in leaves!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

Was up for a few minutes at 5.30am one morning during the week.

Orion was nicely placed behind the house...so dug the binoculars out.

The Great Nebula was spectacular!!

Orion's coming up for me at night at about 11pm, but is still very low on my Eastern Horizon.

Can't wait for Orion to be higher!!

Me too....one of the first constellations I learned as a kid :)

Betelgeuse looks brighter this year (?)

Clear skies,
    Peter

• Advertisement
Advertisement