Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red line Luas - Bank Holiday Monday - Marathon

• 28-10-2011 8:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what curtailments there will be on the Luas on Bank Hol Monday - I see the marathon goes up O'Connell St.

I can't find information on the Luas website.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

Anyone know what curtailments there will be on the Luas on Bank Hol Monday - I see the marathon goes up O'Connell St.

I can't find information on the Luas website.

In previous years, trams only ran from Tallaght to Smithfield until about 11am and then resumed a normal service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,836 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I'd imagine that will be the case this year too - the only point where the marathon blocks the Red Line is at O'Connell Street (it crosses it on the SCR via a bridge).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

KD345 wrote: »
    In previous years, trams only ran from Tallaght to Smithfield until about 11am and then resumed a normal service.

Thanks, KD345. Would that have been so hard to put on their website?:confused:

(Still no reply from Luas - I emailled them at the same time as I put up the query this morning)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine, disruption to Luas Red Line at O'Connell Street from 09:50-10:30 on Bank Holiday Monday 31 October 2011. Possibly no services / severe restrictions Smithfield-Connolly/The Point during that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭howiya

A veteran of this trip I get it wrong most years by not leaving early enough. Trams leaving Tallaght after 8am usually only go as far as Smithfield in the morning. Been forced to walk from Smithfield a couple of times because I've misjudged this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement