Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGCert Higher Education vs HDip

• 28-10-2011 8:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am currently doing a PhD in the UK. Before starting the PhD I had given some serious thought to doing the HDip and becoming a teacher.

Anyway I have just found out that the University offer the opportunity to do the PGCert in Higher Education part time over 2 years. This is something that I think that I will definitely do.

How is the PGCert in Higher Education viewed in Ireland?
    Would if offer the opportunity to become an entry level lecturer as it does over here and would if offer the chance to teach at secondary school level?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement