Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accuracy of polls taken here?

• 28-10-2011 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hey,

Historically, how close are the polls here to the final results? (I know it doesn't take preferences into account.. but still .. even compared to the first count)

I just can't see gallagher falling so much.. I'm not sure what 'groups' of people are voting here, but you're looking at people who are at least some way computer literate, have access to internet and probably within a certain agegroup.. while I'm sure there are people <25 and >50 in this forum, I'd assume the majority are in their 30's/40's

Just curious :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The majority here are typically 20 - 35 years old, left-leaning, middle-class and educated at least partially to a university standard.

Men also outnumber women 4 to 1.

Personally I see no reason why Gallagher wouldn't drop so quickly. He never had a strong core of support, he initially wasn't even considered a contender. He jumped in front virtually overnight, so there's no reason why he couldn't have fallen behind in the same timeframe.

The last general election poll here was relatively close, though it was huge and not limited to the Politics section - Labour & FG were slightly overrepresented. SF were overrepresented by about 75% and FF were underrepresented by about 25%.

Advertisement