Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music: Banned from Gigs & Events

• 28-10-2011 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi I seem to be banned from Gigs and Events. I really dont know why because all I ever do is ask basic questions or answer other peoples. I have never gotten into a heated debate on boards so I dont see how i could have said anything that was against the rules unless someone managed to get my password and wrote something for me. Can you please let me know what I am supposed to have said. From what I can see my only problem is my spelling because im in work and typing too fast so i dont get cought!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Per my post here I have no idea why the ban is in place.

The reason given on ModUtils is
    Unknown, ban set before 2008.

I have contacted the Gigs & Events mods and none of them have objected to the ban being lifted either provided the usual guidelines about adhering to the charter are given.

Can we get an admin to investigate this to make sure that there is not something that we are missing? This is a similar process to what we did for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Deemol

Mr.S wrote: »
    Deemol, do you remember posting something about MCD when there was a blanket ban on all those kind of posts?

Would explain a ban with no "bad" threads as they would have been lifted.

But yeah I have no problem lifting the ban providing you read the charter:)

I really dont remember posting anything can you PM me what I said. I'm really sorry if i offended anyone. Will give a read through now, thank you

D

Deemol wrote: »
    I really dont remember posting anything can you PM me what I said.
    That's the point, we (Mod and CMod) don't know what you may have posted either so we can't PM you anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Deemol

I still cant get in :confused:

Deemol wrote: »
    I still cant get in :confused:
    We are waiting for an admin response. Continue to monitor this thread until an admin has responded.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Back in 2007, it appears you were trying to sell two tickets to The Who, I think it was your first post on boards so it may have looked a bit like you signed up just to advertise and make a sale.

I've lifted the ban now, I think 4 years is long enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Closing. Marking as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement