Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you think GTA V will be set?

• 28-10-2011 10:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

As the title suggests. Many people have many opinions and theories to back them up.
    So place your bets. :)

What city will GTA V be primarily based in? 58 votes

Liberty City
    0%
    San Andreas (A full remake)
    0%
    Vice City
    31%
    BlistermanThorSea DevilsDunnyzennoPennGavRedKingIcyseanfitztommy89Zero-CoolPrettyBoyclonadladTakemyscars72UsernameInUseScummyMansuperstoner90LostCorkGuyTurbine 18 votes
    Los Santos area of SA
    31%
    Ruu_OldMc LoveNailzJoseJonesdavidsatelle100bluemachaveliAmiraniKettle316Armin_TamzarianScrubsfanChrisLiam OJBnaglfarKrusaderProfessional GrieferMr SimpsonDaNiEl1994eugeneiousjoshrogan 18 votes
    Las Venturas are of SA
    12%
    qzPlugCMpunkedNuri SahinFlesh GordenRevolution9StephenVB 7 votes
    Washington DC
    5%
    kwestfan08Trevor451BIGGIEsmall 3 votes
    Detroit/Chicago
    10%
    The Gnomepudzey101[Deleted User]SofiztikatedFerris_BuellerFetchTheGin 6 votes
    Boston
    1%
    Saganist 1 vote
    London
    5%
    Dancorantomorro-seigooch2k9 3 votes
    A real life island in the pacific/caribbean
    3%
    pappyodanielProp Joe 2 votes
    Somewhere else (state below)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Vice City
    I think San Andreas. There's just a lot more you could do with it that having a modern day Vice City (and chances are it will be modern day given the importance on the phone and internet in the last game). I'd say it'll mostly be California (Los Santos) based but given how a lot of people wanted the countryside and desert brought back, they may have the whole of San Andreas.

So, San Andreas, and if not, Los Santos only (with countryside)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Detroit/Chicago
    I hope it's San Andreas but something tells me it will be a Washington type game.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

I always guessed LA... for no reason in particular.

I wouldn't mind a move away from the US. Maybe Mexico city? That place would be crazy for a gang theme... I mean they have tanks even.

Europe would be nice, maybe London... but I doubt they'll go there again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Has to be Tallaght. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

How about Serbia? Niko Bellic returns home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Carrick On Shannon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Detroit/Chicago
    I'm going to guess Washington, or at least Rockstars version of it.

Although, having said that, Mexico or similar, as vard suggested would be cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

London
    Id like it set in Boston or at least centured on Irish-American mobsters.

Some of the best gangster films in recent years (departed, the town etc) have had this background and I think its only a matter of time before a major game uses it for a story. People are bored of the mafia :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Las Venturas are of SA
    It will be Los Santos area of SA centred around Mexican gangs is my guess. I dont what that though. What I would like is an 80's vice city or as Dancor said Boston or at least centured on Irish-American mobsters. Judging by that logo though, something about it is very Mexican gangsterish:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Vice City
    Dancor wrote: »
    Id like it set in Boston or at least centured on Irish-American mobsters.

Some of the best gangster films in recent years (departed, the town etc) have had this background and I think its only a matter of time before a major game uses it for a story. People are bored of the mafia :)

Not a bad idea. My only concern with that would be, would the city be too similar to Liberty City? Plus there's less things (landmarks, areas) to make a funny GTA version of.

I do think we need a step away from Italian Mafia though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

Washington DC
    I think Las Venturas

• Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Los Santos area of SA
    They'll go for a Vice City remake over a San Andreas one. They've done it 3 times before, Liberty City, then Vice. Sure maybe they'll go Vice City and San Andreas and the internet would melt down :D But seriously, each region in each generation has had a distinct feel to it and I don't think they lend themselves well to sharing. A full scale Miami would be well big enough to house the game and there is countryside around it so they may throw it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Las Venturas are of SA
    Liam O wrote: »
    They'll go for a Vice City remake over a San Andreas one. They've done it 3 times before, Liberty City, then Vice. Sure maybe they'll go Vice City and San Andreas and the internet would melt down :D But seriously, each region in each generation has had a distinct feel to it and I don't think they lend themselves well to sharing. A full scale Miami would be well big enough to house the game and there is countryside around it so they may throw it in.
    Hopefully.

Listening to Foreigner - "Waiting for a Girl Like You" on the Sanchez motorbike like a boss and then getting off your bike to mutilate the body of a prostitute with a hammer, grab $22 and speed off. The good aul' times...:pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Las Venturas are of SA
    I do love my 80s ballads (:D) so wouldn't have any complaints about it returning to Vice City, a far bigger Vice City of course! Even if it's in modern time, but if it is, I hope there's a pure 80s radio station! Rockstar could innclude the forests and what not to the west of Miami, go down to Key West and maybe include an island (Bahamas, Cuba?) or even go north to include more of Florida. Say Orlando and Daytona Beach. Probably asking too much I know, I know :pac:

I have this bad feeling it'll be just Los Santos though.

If they wouldn't make San Andreas again but certainly want LA to feature, include the border and Mexico. There's an easy story to be made there.
    Countryside to the north of LA, desert to the south.

All in all, I just hope it's far bigger than Liberty City and with areas that cover miles so that I can go cruising while listening to the soundtrack. One of the best aspects of San Andreas was doing that when not on some rampage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Los Santos area of SA
    Why would they factor Mexico into it?? Isnt san diego closer to Mexico than LA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Detroit/Chicago
    be deadly if ya could get on a plane and fly to several different countries :) haha wherever its going to be set, im sure it'l be amazing!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Las Venturas are of SA
    pudzey101 wrote: »
    be deadly if ya could get on a plane and fly to several different countries :) haha wherever its going to be set, im sure it'l be amazing!:)

Something I was thinking about (and the reason as to why I haven't even given my preference) what if rockstar add in a new element into the gta series; multiple cities/districts?
    Imagine, instead of island cities surrounded by water which have more and more parts unlocked as the story profresses, having full cities unlocking as the game advances which are accessible via airports?
    That way the best elements of the countryside from SA, the dreary metropolis of washington or detroit and the sunny and scenic vice city can all be rolled into one?

Detroit/Chicago
    CMpunked wrote: »
    Something I was thinking about (and the reason as to why I haven't even given my preference) what if rockstar add in a new element into the gta series; multiple cities/districts?
    Imagine, instead of island cities surrounded by water which have more and more parts unlocked as the story profresses, having full cities unlocking as the game advances which are accessible via airports?
    That way the best elements of the countryside from SA, the dreary metropolis of washington or detroit and the sunny and scenic vice city can all be rolled into one?

aw that be awesome!:) dont know if many of yee have ever played Godfather ii :) but ya can fly to cuba,florida and new york :) tis pretty cool lol

Las Venturas are of SA

I can certainly see this in the next gen GTA game whenever that may be down the road. Not sure if they could do that now though.

Las Venturas are of SA
    aw that be awesome!:) dont know if many of yee have ever played Godfather ii :) but ya can fly to cuba,florida and new york :) tis pretty cool lol

Stupid question probably but anywhoo. Could you fly there yourself and how long were the flights? First though is obviously, being teleported from one city to another city a bit like fast forwarding the flight in San Andreas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Los Santos area of SA
    I can certainly see this in the next gen GTA game whenever that may be down the road. Not sure if they could do that now though.
    It may actually suit them better what with the data limit on 360 disks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Los Santos area of SA
    Vice City + everglades = win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Los Santos area of SA
    Crosáidí wrote: »
    Vice City + everglades = win

Could you imagine GTA driving around on one of these? :D

picAirboat.jpg

Detroit/Chicago
    Stupid question probably but anywhoo. Could you fly there yourself and how long were the flights? First though is obviously, being teleported from one city to another city a bit like fast forwarding the flight in San Andreas.

ya you just drive to airport on map, enter airport meet the hostess inside and choose where you want to go:) basically no flight time u just kind of arive in the next airport :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Las Venturas are of SA

I didnt play it, but wasnt LA Noire on multiple discs?

Wouldnt be ideal of course, but would be one way around it.

Las Venturas are of SA
    Liam O wrote: »
    It may actually suit them better what with the data limit on 360 disks.

That was actually in my thinking. I'm not clued up on the 360 but I've been hearing more games are becoming multi disk. I can only imagine what GTA would be like given some of our ideas including mine :pac:

ya you just drive to airport on map, enter airport meet the hostess inside and choose where you want to go:) basically no flight time u just kind of arive in the next airport :)

I personally like the journey. I'm someone who usually instead of going from airport to airport in SA would make sure to drive (car, train, etc) if not fly myself the long way around desert or countryside areas. That was part of the fun of GTA for me :) For multiple countries though, that's a different story likewise cross state.

I didnt play it, but wasnt LA Noire on multiple discs?

Wouldnt be ideal of course, but would be one way around it.

I think it was in the 360, not entirely sure re: PS3 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Los Santos area of SA
    Vice city followed by GTA VI being san andreas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Real world L.A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

London
    Would love Boston, or somewhere else so long as the main character is of Irish heritage. Also want more variety with the weather i.e. snow, high winds that affect things etc.

And bring back the planes and the rural areas!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Teddy455

I'd love it was set on the us-Mexican border with San Diego and tijuana where you would have to cross the border dodging border control.

Advertisement