Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you think GTA V will be set?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Las Venturas are of SA
    Teddy455 wrote: »
    I'd love it was set on the us-Mexican border with San Diego and tijuana where you would have to cross the border dodging border control.

Kinda like RDR, except in present time. I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Brand new city I reckon.

Tbh, I'd be happy with Vice City HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Washington DC
    Im gonna throw my hat in the ring and say Las Venturas. No real evidence just a gut feeling i had from the start when i seen the five dollar bill font and the green colour scheme.

Las Venturas are of SA
    kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Im gonna throw my hat in the ring and say Las Venturas. No real evidence just a gut feeling i had from the start when i seen the five dollar bill font and the green colour scheme.

To be honest, thats all we have.
    Apart from an Anonymous post off the 4chan forum. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Washington DC
    CMpunked wrote: »

Ha yeah I seen that alright. Hope its not true because I probably ruined for myself by reading to far! :p.

Would a SA setting make sense though in the context that Rockstar are numbering this one and that usually means big changes; i.e new city altogether?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Vice City
    kwestfan08 wrote: »
    CMpunked wrote: »

Ha yeah I seen that alright. Hope its not true because I probably ruined for myself by reading to far! :p.

Would a SA setting make sense though in the context that Rockstar are numbering this one and that usually means big changes; i.e new city altogether?

Yeah, the new number is throwing me a bit. If it is a brand new city, it'd have to be a recognisable one with landmarks (so Rockstar can make new/funny versions of them). So I don't think cities based on Boston or Chicago would be the basis, plus how they'd be very similar to Liberty City.

If its not San Andreas, my money is on Washington. Could get a lot of mileage out of it being a political city, missions involving corrupt politicians, assassinations, protecting politicians etc. Could have a lot of gangs with politicians secretly supporting them to get elected by saying they'll reduce crime. Could be good, but could also be too realistic again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Detroit/Chicago
    Maybe Springfield?!?!

ps3-22596-grand.jpg

:pac:

Las Venturas are of SA
    GtaIII had Liberty City and GtaIV the same.
    The new number may mean something significant, but the idea that because its a new number it must be a brand new city doesnt really hold up when you look back at the jump from 3 to 4.
    Now a brand new city mapping (and a new engine, possibly) on a previous city used is more likely to be the case.

That said, i dont really mind where its set, whether it be a brand new city or a remake. I'm just happy that there is a new game on the horizon, im getting sick of my rpgs bouncing off the road while online. :p

Detroit/Chicago
    Just imagine if you had San-Andreas and Vice city in one game.

Do an array of missions in Vice City, fall foul of a ruthless gang member and then steal a Jet to fly to San-Andreas where you start working for different gangs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

im looking forward to those opening seconds of the trailer, where the first beats of some song start playing, and you realise from that where the game is going to be set i.e "Sanctuary" in vice city.

Im guessing this time around, its gonne be "For the love of Money" by the O'Jays, with a swift cut to the strip in las venturas...

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Las Venturas are of SA
    IF Los Santos (LA) does feature, I guess they already have the foundation already built with their other title, Midnight Club LA from a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Las Venturas are of SA
    IF Los Santos (LA) does feature, I guess they already have the foundation already built with their other title, Midnight Club LA from a few years back.

same thing I've thinking but from LA Noire, forgot about midnight club

I reckon it might feature packie again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

I was thinking it would be Washington DC. Because of the money... and also, lets be honest Washington DC has alot of elements that would naturally suit a GTA location (corrupt politicians and congressmen etc) .. but thats only based upon the money "V" logo. So who knows.

Can be set anywhere tho. Just obvious money will play an important part, hence the logo .. But ... My prediction is still Washington DC. We'll find out in 39 mins :)

But a revisit to San Andreas or especially Vice City would be awesome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

.. and I was wrong :pac:

Detroit/Chicago
    LighterGuy wrote: »
    .. and I was wrong :pac:

Likewise. :D

Announcing it is San Andreas kinda quelled my need to give a shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

vard wrote: »
    I always guessed LA... for no reason in particular.

I wouldn't mind a move away from the US. Maybe Mexico city? That place would be crazy for a gang theme... I mean they have tanks even.

Europe would be nice, maybe London... but I doubt they'll go there again.

Wuhay, I was right...

Advertisement