Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a 7ft Standard Barbell??

Options
  • 28-10-2011 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,

I recently picked up a squat rack on adverts.ie but the bar I already had is not long enough (5 ft approx) to comfortably use the rack. Anyone know where I could get a 7ft standard cheap enough? cheers lads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

irishlifting.com prob the best

paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

chprt wrote: »
    irishlifting.com prob the best

paddy

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Canyonaero

That'l do, Thanks for that lads, much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

Agreed. Irish Lifting is your best bet if it's just a bar you're looking for as it's only 7 euro postage.

If you're ordering more than just a bar, you could also look at www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk. You can get a 10% rebate with them if you order through www.fatcheese.ie and they charge a standard 42 sterling for postage to Ireland - regardless of order size.

As the above posters say, Irish Lifting all the way if it's a smaller order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Sorry for hijacking the thread but does the 7ft bar weigh 20kg?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

http://www.xlr8.co.nz/products/product/strength/weight-training/387/standard-7ft--bar-6kg-and-collars.aspx

1'' standard bar. Say it weighs 6kg and is 7' long. I'd imagine that's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭gavtron

dinorebel wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking the thread but does the 7ft bar weigh 20kg?

a standard olympic or powerlifting bar is 20kg as far as i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Oly bar weighs 20 std bar weighs 5 or 6

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The 5,6,7ft bars on irish lifting are 5,6,7kg. I know my 6ft standard is 6kg (an is solid, I have a hollow ezcurl which is 2kg).

The extra weight must be all in the fat ends, and perhaps the bar is a little thicker.

Advertisement