Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kindle from US v Kindle from PC World

• 28-10-2011 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Quick question. I'm getting a kindle (the new one without the keyboard, retailing for $109 I think) for Christmas from my folks but I want to make sure that they're getting the best value for money.

Which one would be best? Buying from the States and getting it shipped or slipping down to my nearest PC world and buying it in shop? When buying books, I know with the imported Kindle I can buy from the US Amazon site but where do I buy the books if I buy the Kindle in PC World.

I've heard great things about Amazon and their customer service if things go wrong and I've heard some not so good things about PC World.

Any opinions on what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Buttros

Im waiting on my Kindle at the moment. Fortunately for me I have a friend in the US taking delivery and they will be over here in a few weeks. I found this post useful when buying. It seems when delivery and duty and everything is added in its cheaper to bu from PCworld.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056413281

With regard to where to buy the books. Im fairly sure we in Ireland have to buy all the books from the US store regardless of where we buy the actual Kindle but i stand to be corrected on that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I know with the imported Kindle I can buy from the US Amazon site but where do I buy the books if I buy the Kindle in PC World.
    In all instances any Kindle (US or UK bought) registered in Ireland will allow you to buy from the US Amazon store (and not the full set of titles either). If you want to buy from another store you need to convince Amazon that you're not registered in Ireland - instructions on that are available elsewhere.

Amazon.com have great support - just look over on After Hours. They're the only company people constantly have positive things to say about for customer support.

Advertisement