Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bunac for NZ

• 28-10-2011 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

Hi,

i have had WHV for australia and new zealand in the past but i'm after coming across this bunac visa which might give me a chance to get back there and the age limit is up to 35 which seems to be perfect as i'm 34.

Has any of ye booked your visas with this crowd? if so how were they to deal with?

http://www.bunac.org.uk

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 miccof

Hi Gustafo, did u apply or travel on the Bunac visa yet? Also did you travel on the group flight? I'm thinking of doing the same myself & would love to hear from someone who has gone through the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Calif

You don't need to use bunac to go on that visa

Hi Calif, Is there another way of applying for this visa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

I have a friend who used them and it went quite smoothly. Most of what you pay for is additional addons to the actual visa, that you can probably sort yourself. Not sure how to go about just getting that visa.

Im more interested in bunacs service when you get to NZ. The website claims

'Our partners in New Zealand, IEP provide unbeatable job hunting advice and help for the whole time you’re in NZ.'

Im just trying to find out if they actually live up to the claim. The visa &packages sound good, if a bit overpriced, but if I were to do it I'd be traveling alone &i dont know anyone out there which scares the living daylights outta me so I'd like to be sure of the support I'd get from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Just wondering if there is any update on this thread regarding applying.

Got an email today from them, telling me to apply now before the rush starts in January. The problem is I don't feel like paying the extra 200+ pounds you need to pay for their additional services seeing as I've lived in NZ before so these services would be pointless for me.

I'll wait another few days to see if there is an alternative way of applying otherwise I'll just have to pay :( (though it's worth it for the end goal!)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 danielstook

hi balkieb,

i have just come across this visa option also, have you been able to find out anymore on this! it seems to be a great option for the older fella, i'm 32 and this seems too easy to be true, it would be a good option to work on the rebuild in christchurch, without being tied in to a company contract through sponsorship!

just wondering are you any wiser on this visa?

thanks,

dan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭davepatr07

http://www.bunac.com/uk/work-abroad/work-new-zealand/visas

I have a friend who applied this Jan/Feb and got it. If you are over 30 and under 35 you have an opportunity to go for 12 months even if you previously had a WHV. You would need to provide a Police Cert if you have been to NZ before for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Calif

It's not specific to bunac, you can do it through these guys in Dublin

http://www.visafirst.com/en/new_zealand_working_holiday_visa_info.asp

davepatr07 wrote: »
    http://www.bunac.com/uk/work-abroad/work-new-zealand/visas

I have a friend who applied this Jan/Feb and got it. If you are over 30 and under 35 you have an opportunity to go for 12 months even if you previously had a WHV. You would need to provide a Police Cert if you have been to NZ before for 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Calif wrote: »
    It's not specific to bunac, you can do it through these guys in Dublin

http://www.visafirst.com/en/new_zealand_working_holiday_visa_info.asp

Your link goes to a standard WHV which is not the same as the Bunac IEP offering, quite clearly:
    - You are aged between 18 and 30 years old (inclusive)
    - You have not been granted a Working Holiday Visa to New Zealand before

• Advertisement

hey folks,

have looked at these visa's. from what i have found out, they are not just limited to migration companies. bunac are very misleading, but if fact, if you did a little more searching you will find that these visas are called silver fern visas. if you take a look at the new zealand immigration website, you will find out more. they do sound good to be fair, but i think numbers are limited for these. However, i really think that something might be done, just to get more construction workers into christchurch, these are just my thoughts though !!

hey folks,

have looked at these visa's. from what i have found out, they are not just limited to migration companies. bunac are very misleading, but if fact, if you did a little more searching you will find that these visas are called silver fern visas. if you take a look at the new zealand immigration website, you will find out more. they do sound good to be fair, but i think numbers are limited for these. However, i really think that something might be done, just to get more construction workers into christchurch, these are just my thoughts though !!

Thats completely incorrect, the Silver Fern Visa program is very specific and has very different terms to the Bunac WHV/IEP. Did you even look at the Silver Fern Visa?

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/silverfern/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Actual information about the visa and not these fairly wide of the mark posts (thanks to Matt Simis for setting people straight!):
    The IEP Work Exchange visa is a relatively new visa which was launched by New Zealand Immigration a few years ago. The visa is a result of petitioning from IEP in Auckland for a new opportunity for people to travel to New Zealand without having to use up their Working Holiday visa (which is once-in-a-lifetime). The visa was only made available based on the support package provided by IEP and BUNAC through the Work New Zealand programme, and as a result, it is only available as part of the Work New Zealand Essentials package

This visa was not really intended for people who had previously held the Working Holiday visa; it was designed to be used for a first trip to New Zealand (for people requiring the support of the Work New Zealand programme) allowing people to use the Working Holiday visa at a later date independently of BUNAC, but it just happened that anyone who previously held a Working Holiday visa (and is aged 30 to 35) can apply for this second opportunity.

And yes I did apply for one as they were most helpful and all going well I should a second visa in 2-3 weeks time :)

thanks for setting me straight folks!

my head is frazzeled from looking at visa options for new zealand. but fair play to you for correcting the previous post. maybe i got a rush of blood when i replied to it. this is the beauty of boards!

but, in my defence, the two visas are very similar!

thanks for setting me straight folks!

my head is frazzeled from looking at visa options for new zealand. but fair play to you for correcting the previous post. maybe i got a rush of blood when i replied to it. this is the beauty of boards!

but, in my defence, the two visas are very similar!

Gets even worse when you look to apply to Oz and compare to Nz, what appear similar Visa's at first glance but actually very different on the assessment and details of each!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nige4294

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Gets even worse when you look to apply to Oz and compare to Nz, what appear similar Visa's at first glance but actually very different on the assessment and details of each!

hey matt -- so have you heard back about your application yet? i just got an email cpl of days ago saying its been granted !! over the bloody moon
    visa is very expensive , but i guess in the long run its worth every penny! was just wondering if you got their insurance package ?? i didnt bother since i knew they'd prob charge stupid money again ! so just looking round now for a good deal ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Lon.C

I'm looking into this visa (BUNAC) IEP Work Exchange Visa. Its costing GB£513 in total with work essentials package. It's compulsory to buy this package with the visa. I hope to get confirmation in the near future.

Advertisement