Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig2big

Options
  • 28-10-2011 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Hi my sig got snipped just want to know why?
    Have I offended anyone?

Thanks
    laoisforliam
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

My guess would be because it was too big. =p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

yup, thats the one. from the signature rules:
    Text: Including horizontal spaces - 4 lines normal size (font size 2) OR 8 lines small size (font size 1). Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. Do not use the tags. Carriage returns/new lines are a separate line, so if your sig has three lines of text separated by two spacer lines - that's 5 lines.
    Images: Images totalling up to 500 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 30k in size. No animated images are allowed.
    You may include 1 line of font size 2 or 2 lines of font size 1 text underneath an image.
    Sigs may contain a simple text only link to other websites, including a business (i.e. www.mysite.com - no images), but a disguised link (i.e. Come buy really cheap electronics here, we're having a huge sale, come on down!) or an image banner to that site is not allowed.
    Referral links in signatures are not permitted and will be removed.

bit in bold text would apply specifically to your old signature.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

From the link:
    • Text: Including horizontal spaces - 4 lines normal size (font size 2) OR 8 lines small size (font size 1). Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. Do not use the tags. Carriage returns/new lines are a separate line, so if your sig has three lines of text separated by two spacer lines - that's 5 lines.
    • Images: Images totalling up to 500 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 30k in size. No animated images are allowed.
    • You may include 1 line of font size 2 or 2 lines of font size 1 text underneath an image.

Great minds, eh LoLth? :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Your sig consisted of 3 images side by side - 284 x 177, 188 x 151 and 284 x 177. The maximum dimensions were therefore 756 x 177, which is significantly bigger than the 500 x 125 limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

Zaph wrote: »
    Your sig consisted of 3 images side by side - 284 x 177, 188 x 151 and 284 x 177. The maximum dimensions were therefore 756 x 177, which is significantly bigger than the 500 x 125 limit.
    Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement