Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's wrong with the people of North Tipperary?

• 28-10-2011 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

What's wrong with the people of North Tipperary? I mean do they only have time for chancers?

From RTÉ.ie:

"With 36% of boxes open inTipperary North, tallies put Higgins at 34%; Gallagher at 37%; McGuinness at 11%; Mitchell at 9%; Norris on 4%; Scallon on 3% and Davis on 2%."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

What's wrong with the people of North Tipperary? I mean do they only have time for chancers?

From RTÉ.ie:

"With 36% of boxes open inTipperary North, tallies put Higgins at 34%; Gallagher at 37%; McGuinness at 11%; Mitchell at 9%; Norris on 4%; Scallon on 3% and Davis on 2%."

They've been educated by Lowry that the media is out to get their boys. It's like being in a cult.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

they thought they were voting for the character Mr. Pototo head. :D boggers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

This is the same crowd that voted Michael Lowry back in after he was found to be corrupt. Hardly surprising is it? having been down there a few times aswell it doesnt surprise me either, I wish we could give people like this their own little island where gombeen politics and cute hoorism can be rife to their delight obviously . The Aran islands wouldnt be a bad idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

They know a smear campaign when they see one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

There's nothing wrong with me. Do you have a problem with North Tipp people in general or specifically those who voted for Gallagher? We are not all Lowry voters (who should be supporting Mitchell) or FFailures (Gallagher/Davis), tally figures clearly show that .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The Biffos are also backing Gallagher in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

A good bit of Offaly (Biffo country) is now included in Tipperary North.

Gallagher is also ahead in Cavan-Monaghan and it's fairly even between him and Higgins in Carlow-Kilkenny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

A good bit of Offaly (Biffo country) is now included in Tipperary North.

Oh dear, the virus is spreading is it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

I don't see why anyone would be surprised. Tipp North has done very well out of the TDs they have elected, far better than if they had simply voted for someone who became a back bencher.

On that basis why would you vote for anyone other than a chancer? It's completely rational.

• Advertisement

Snakeblood wrote: »
    They've been educated by Lowry that the media is out to get their boys. It's like being in a cult.
    they thought they were voting for the character Mr. Pototo head. :D boggers.
    leonidas83 wrote: »
    This is the same crowd that voted Michael Lowry back in after he was found to be corrupt. Hardly surprising is it? having been down there a few times aswell it doesnt surprise me either, I wish we could give people like this their own little island where gombeen politics and cute hoorism can be rife to their delight obviously . The Aran islands wouldnt be a bad idea

Lowry is not the only corrupt politician in the country. Unfortunately he has a hardline core of support in Tipp that simply cannot be shifted. Only his death with remove him, and even then there are a couple of Lowry Jrs waiting to take his place. Just over 14,000 Tipperary people voted for him in the last GE, out of a valid poll of over 48,000 (with the highest turnout of any constituency of the GE). In that election, we managed to get rid of FF for the first time in electoral history, something that can't be said for those who reelected the likes of Willie O Dea, Micheal Martin etc.

So kindly leave off the abuse of the 70% of N. Tipp voters who didn't vote for Lowry (and the 63% who didn't vote for Gallagher this time round).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

What is wrong with Tipp North -

Lack of education, no moral compass, selfishness?

Lowry is not the only corrupt politician in the country. Unfortunately he has a hardline core of support in Tipp that simply cannot be shifted. Only his death with remove him, and even then there are a couple of Lowry Jrs waiting to take his place. Just over 14,000 Tipperary people voted for him in the last GE, out of a valid poll of over 48,000 (with the highest turnout of any constituency of the GE). In that election, we managed to get rid of FF for the first time in electoral history, something that can't be said for those who reelected the likes of Willie O Dea, Micheal Martin etc.

So kindly leave off the abuse of the 70% of N. Tipp voters who didn't vote for Lowry (and the 63% who didn't vote for Gallagher this time round).

Sorry, I'm talking about the people who voted for Gallagher\Lowry. I'd have thought it'd be obvious, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Wallflower

Thread on politics.ie, reckons Ivor Callely could resurrect his political career in North Tipp - he has all the attributes that attracts voters there:).

Snakeblood wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm talking about the people who voted for Gallagher\Lowry. I'd have thought it'd be obvious, to be honest.

Not to the rest of the people on the thread, clearly. It seems we are *all* in N. Tipp uneducated, immoral, selfish, gombeen boggers. No exceptions or qualifications made by anyone so far. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

leonidas83 wrote: »

No, I don't think so. The Aran Islands are already populated - with mostly decent people - and they aren't seriously volcanic, earthquake-prone or frequently in the path of deadly hurricanes. Otherwise they'd be a great place to send Lowry and all who allow themselves to be hoodwinked by him.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭yobr

GetWithIt wrote: »
    I don't see why anyone would be surprised. Tipp North has done very well out of the TDs they have elected, far better than if they had simply voted for someone who became a back bencher.

On that basis why would you vote for anyone other than a chancer? It's completely rational.

Its rational is it? Have you ever heard of the McCracken Tribunal or read the report?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

But on the plus side, only 11% have voted for a person that is linked to a terrorist organisation that have murdered hundreds of innocent men, women & children.

Not to the rest of the people on the thread, clearly. It seems we are *all* in N. Tipp uneducated, immoral, selfish, gombeen boggers. No exceptions or qualifications made by anyone so far. Nice.

Welp, I apologise anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

They just gave FF 22%. What do you say to that OP?

Incidentally talking about Parish Pump politics, the bye-election was run almost solely on the issue of Connolly Hospital in Blanchardstown. Essentially every politician was trying to outdo the other in what they were going to do to help keep it open.

Seems nobody is immune to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

It always amazes me that the people who used to vote for FF until the last GE are now shouting the hardest about anyone who had any links with them in the past. Pathetic to be honest.

On that basis 80% of the current population of Ireland are similarly corrupt since they once supported FF. Maybe they all emigrated en-masse and only FG/Lab/SF voters remain.

I still didn't see one report that showed Gallagher actually even received a cheque from that guy - and even if he did, it was for FF, not him personally. Surely this Morgan character could produce bank records to prove that he gave Gallagher a cheque and he cashed it for personal use - anything else is BS.

Now we are going to get Michael D Higgins who is far too old in fairness.

For the record I have never voted for FF in the 22 years I have been eligible to vote, but I voted for Gallagher, as he might bring some jobs here - unlike the others.

professore wrote: »
    It always amazes me that the people who used to vote for FF until the last GE are now shouting the hardest about anyone who had any links with them in the past. Pathetic to be honest.

On that basis 80% of the current population of Ireland are similarly corrupt since they once supported FF. Maybe they all emigrated en-masse and only FG/Lab/SF voters remain.

I still didn't see one report that showed Gallagher actually even received a cheque from that guy - and even if he did, it was for FF, not him personally. Surely this Morgan character could produce bank records to prove that he gave Gallagher a cheque and he cashed it for personal use - anything else is BS.

For the record I have never voted for FF in the 22 years I have been eligible to vote, but I voted for Gallagher, as he might bring some jobs here - unlike the others.

No, I'm shouting the hardest about FF links, and I've got none. I think your statement is wildly inaccurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭books4sale

After 22 years ya sold your untainted past cheap, a president don't do squat for jobs.

Like you i've never voted FFailer either,............ unlike you I never will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

but I voted for Gallagher, as he might bring some jobs here - unlike the others.
    Other than asking a company nicely to employ people, what powers will he have to bring about increased employment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Alopex

Gallagher is also ahead in Cavan-Monaghan and it's fairly even between him and Higgins in Carlow-Kilkenny.

I would have thought mcguinness would do well there. by the way how do you find out the breakdown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Other than asking a company nicely to employ people, what powers will he have to bring about increased employment?

Maybe he had a cunning plan involving envelopes and cheques ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

What is wrong with Tipp North -

Lack of education, no moral compass, selfishness?

I can say, as someone whose ethnic origins are North Tipperarian (my family are from there). What's wrong with the people of Tipp North.

They are bog monkeys.

Ignorant, suspicious, backward people.

Down in that part of the country, when politicians are canvassing, they fall over each other to prove who is the most bogish and backward.

In the region, Fianna Fail's favorite tactic, for campaigning against Labour candidates and independents is to tell people on the door steps, that Labour or whoever are pro-abortion.

Before the divorce referendum, it was such and such is pro-divorce. "If Labour gets in, they'll take de famlay ferm."

Fianna Fail, the dirty party.

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    No, I don't think so. The Aran Islands are already populated - with mostly decent people - and they aren't seriously volcanic, earthquake-prone or frequently in the path of deadly hurricanes. Otherwise they'd be a great place to send Lowry and all who allow themselves to be hoodwinked by him.:D:D:D

throw them down the blaskets with a few copies of peig sayers - that'll teach em. :D

ReefBreak wrote: »
    But on the plus side, only 11% have voted for a person that is linked to a terrorist organisation that have murdered hundreds of innocent men, women & children.

i thought haughey and co. got a lot more votes than that in his time ;) Recheck your records please.

• Advertisement

like the lisbon treaty jobs is it? listen forget about Jobs. Its only a word they bandy around to see who's microchip will react. Its a WORD - it aint true. There are no jobs. you actually voted for a fella who employed 100 people (or was it 20) and bailed out on them when the going got tough - but it didn't affect his high opinion of himself. Hopefully that big head of his (literal) will deflate now that reality has hit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

krd wrote: »
    I can say, as someone whose ethnic origins are North Tipperarian (my family are from there). What's wrong with the people of Tipp North.

They are bog monkeys.

Ignorant, suspicious, backward people.

Down in that part of the country, when politicians are canvassing, they fall over each other to prove who is the most bogish and backward.
    That's what I mean by the Dublin 4 mindset that talks down to rural Ireland for not sharing their metropolitan prejudices. :rolleyes: Rural people are more discerning and don't like being told what to do by townies who think their better than us.

Donegal SW (Pearse Doherty's constituency) also voted Gallagher, as did Cavan, Laois-Offaly and another constituency (can't remember which). He also ran close in Wexford and other Leinster constituencies. I doubt Pearse Doherty would describe his constituents as you describe those of North Tipperary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

That's what I mean by the Dublin 4 mindset that talks down to rural Ireland for not sharing their metropolitan prejudices. :rolleyes: Rural people are more discerning and don't like being told what to do by townies who think their better than us.

Donegal SW (Pearse Doherty's constituency) also voted Gallagher, as did Cavan, Laois-Offaly and another constituency (can't remember which). He also ran close in Wexford and other Leinster constituencies. I doubt Pearse Doherty would describe his constituents as you describe those of North Tipperary.

Maybe they are :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Because they are ugly inbreds, not like their beautiful cousins to in Tipperary South;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement