Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

butcher that has the best pudding and sausages in Galway?

Options
  • 28-10-2011 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

I think best white pudding is in Colleran and Sons at Mainguard St.

Sausages at the butcher in Eyre Sq. shopping centre, at the entrance.

what you think? :P

yami yami :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Hetridges in Market street

• Registered Users Posts: 34 JJpedro

Hi,

I agree with Collerans

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My favourite sausages are from Tormey's - Claddagh Spiced. I like a meaty sausage so to speak*. Wouldn't be a fan of Denny's.

*couldn't think of a way of saying this without innuendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Definitely Tormeys....yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

MargeS wrote: »
    Hetridges in Market street

+1 But it's herterich F & Sons, 1 Lombard st

Sorry for being padantic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Hetridges for the sausages by a country mile, Colleran's pudding is seriously nice, They serve it in Garvey's for the breakfast, yummy stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

topcat77 wrote: »
    +1 But it's herterich F & Sons, 1 Lombard st

Sorry for being padantic
    You mean pedantic i'm sure?

But yes Herterich's have the best sausages and Colleran's white pudding is a wonder of mankind.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Am I the only one who hates Herterich's sausages? There is a tang off them that I just don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

Herterich's sausages. their white pud can be a bit sticky/mushy.their spicey sausages are the bees knees.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

I've never tried any of these! Shopping trip is called for methinks.

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Am I the only one who hates Herterich's sausages? There is a tang off them that I just don't like.
    Think you must be :). I was never impressed and my OH was always saying her Granny swore by them so we got some a while back and they were unreal, the Italian, Spicy and Bratwurst are all very good but the traditional is also lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Herterich's are by far the nicest sausages I've had in Galway. There's a lovely texture to them that others don't have. Lovely spices used too. Haven't had them in ages - must get them again soon.

The pork and apple sausages in Tormey's are great too. At least I think it's Tormey's they're from... must ask the purchaser of sausages in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Colleran's white pudding is to die for. Agree about Herterich's for the sausages. Sorry Das Kitty but I think Tormeys in Shopping Centre is overpriced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

The Friendly Farmer in the Galway market on a Saturday is the only place I get my sausages now! After trying them a few weeks ago I've been converted :)
    If you want a real breakfast sausage just try them once, you will never go back to the normal butcher sausages! I am going to try one of his turkeys this christmas. He has a website here but its not great.

If he is sold out of sausages I go across the road to Herteriches and they'll do!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Herterich's and Collerans pudding are both excellent. Very different but both excellent.
    Must try the friendly farmers sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

You mean pedantic i'm sure?

But yes Herterich's have the best sausages and Colleran's white pudding is a wonder of mankind.

Brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭pepe00

I thought it's just me that is crazy about thinks like white pudding :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Hertrichs garlic and herb sausages and veg pudding...drooolll:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

magentas wrote: »
    Hertrichs garlic and herb sausages and veg pudding...drooolll:pac:

and a roll of andrex

The Friendly Farmer in the Galway market on a Saturday is the only place I get my sausages now! After trying them a few weeks ago I've been converted :)
    If you want a real breakfast sausage just try them once, you will never go back to the normal butcher sausages! I am going to try one of his turkeys this christmas. He has a website here but its not great.

If he is sold out of sausages I go across the road to Herteriches and they'll do!

Will definitely try those. Cheers!

• Advertisement

Will definitely try those. Cheers!
    Got some this morning, very nice indeed. Expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

I'm a great fan of Loughnanes sausages. Can't remember trying their pudding though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Long Gone ya could'nt bate Talbot's Sausages on Domnick St.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭pepe00

magentas wrote: »
    Hertrichs veg pudding...drooolll:pac:

just having some for my breakfast after drinking nite:D

:pac:

Got some this morning, very nice indeed. Expensive though.

Was delayed last Saturday and got to the market at about 3.30pm. Said to yer man, "People on the Internet said your sausages are the best in town!" Gave him a bit of a surprise. He said they normally sell out of sausages by 1pm. I'm never really in town before 1.30pm... :/

Anyway, went across to Herterich's instead. NOM NOM NOM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 feefs

After living in town for years i was a regular contributor to the coffers of Collerans. Manys the pound of sausies...
    If you are ever in Loughrea, Corrys Foodhall (across from the mart) have the BEST sausages and pudding i have had anywhere. The have won awards all over the place and as well as their top notch breakfast sausage they do some funky flavours like whiskey smoked and garlic and cheese. More of a fan of the auld traditional myself, but Corrys are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

Hetridges for me as well, actually cant wait to get home and pick up some now that we are on the topic, dont think that I have ever had the Colleran ones, noted on the to-do list

Advertisement