Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

START UP BUSINESS LOAN(help)

Options
  • 28-10-2011 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi

I am looking to start up my own business, I have a very good niche food idea, with a trademark pending.
    I am looking for 15,000 as start up, I spoke with my bank, they looked at my business plan, which shows a very healthy profit, based on very conservative figures, they believe it will be a very healthy business and that if it is successful in the first year, they would have no problem giving me a loan for expansion, but are not prepared to take the risk, even though small.

Also I had a premises got 2 weeks ago, i met with the landlord and explained my idea to him, he asked if he could have a look at my business plan, and really believed it was also a good idea, and wanted to invest 20,000 with a return over a 4 year period, which would have benefited us both greatly, as i would have the start up monies and his premises would be occupied for that length of time, unfortunately there is a problem with the planning and its going to take some months to rectify, time i dont have.

Can anybody help me out here, I have found the perfect premises, with a six month rent free period and just dont know where to go from here.

I have tried enterprise etc..

Thanks in advance
    P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Boskonay

Was the 20k investment conditional on you taking his premises?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 passionate

Hi Boskonay

Yes it was..

Will the bank not even give you a personally guaranteed loan, secured against assets/ property or anything?

15k is 'relatively' small - even to try the family and friends route?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 passionate

You would think, i have tried 3 banks, I dont have an account with the credit union..

I would say something if my business plan and forecasts werent healthy..

Most banks will lend to the person, rather than the business, when starting off...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

http://www.first-step.ie/ do micro finance of up to €25k for start-ups in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pennylemon

Opened a business myself recently... Banks aint lending.

First Step is yer only man... well and God Bless the Credit Union!

Good luck with it!

Advertisement