Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rents of sheds with slurry storage

• 28-10-2011 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I was jus wondering there i was lookinng into rentin a shed for the winter and my question is must the cattle have to be maoved in the the lads heard number that owns the shed?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭epfff

goondakid wrote: »
    I was jus wondering there i was lookinng into rentin a shed for the winter and my question is must the cattle have to be maoved in the the lads heard number that owns the shed?
    thanks
    No but dep must be notifed and cattle cannot be mixed without testing and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

goondakid wrote: »
    thanks
    Yes you must give him your cards and he must put them on his herd register the same as he would be buying them off you. You might get away without doing that if he doesn't have cattle for the winter or if the shed is away from his yard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Yes you must give him your cards and he must put them on his herd register the same as he would be buying them off you. You might get away without doing that if he doesn't have cattle for the winter or if the shed is away from his yard.

I'm not sure about this

My impression was that if you had the entire shed rented and your cattle would not be in contact with his then no action was necessary. If you were sharing a shed then they had to be tested.

Are you sure about the herd registrar as well??

OP - I think you will need some proper advice on this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭epfff

Tipp Man wrote: »

I'm not sure about this

My impression was that if you had the entire shed rented and your cattle would not be in contact with his then no action was necessary. If you were sharing a shed then they had to be tested.

Are you sure about the herd registrar as well??

OP - I think you will need some proper advice on this
    Dep want to know where Your cattle are at all times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

epfff wrote: »
    Dep want to know where Your cattle are at all times

Of course but surely that doesn't mean transfer them to the shed owners herd register?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

AFAIK your cattle go into his herd, he signs in the cards into his herd. Give your dvo a ring to clarify it. There is a special b&b form for transferring them to his herd.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

Tipp Man wrote: »
    Of course but surely that doesn't mean transfer them to the shed owners herd register?

i'm fairly sure you can get a joint herd number, sur if you give yer cards
    he has you by the short an curlies i'd be thinking :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

lab man wrote: »
    i'm fairly sure you can get a joint herd number, sur if you give yer cards
    he has you by the short an curlies i'd be thinking :eek:

If you use the b and b form to transfer them in to his herd they can't be sold. The cattle have to go back into your herd no. before they can be sold. This also protects the lad giving the b and b, the cattle accomodation should be paid for before the owner gets the cards back. It is open to abuse though.....

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭goondakid

blue5000 wrote: »
    If you use the b and b form to transfer them in to his herd they can't be sold. The cattle have to go back into your herd no. before they can be sold. This also protects the lad giving the b and b, the cattle accomodation should be paid for before the owner gets the cards back. It is open to abuse though.....

Ya i was thinkin about the b&b route myself to be honest, the yard is out in its own wit only my cattle around. Im only worried if there will ever be a change in EU payment schems that there will be no cattle in my heard number over previous winters if theyd looked bac over it in a few years time?
    Maybe im thinkin abit 2 faward tho just said id put u this tread to get other peoples views.
    thanks

Advertisement