Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow dump

Options
  • 28-10-2011 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hi moving house and have some rubbish that won't fit in my wheelie bin.

Can I bring a load of rubbish in my car to the dump or do I need a trailer?
    Can you pay as you go? How is it weighed?
    From the Carlow local authorities website it says "Domestic Customers: €20 per 120kg"

Is it €10 if you have 60kg?

I'm clueless as I've never been to a dump before!! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

You can just go in your car. You are weighed on entry and exit to the dump. It's a flat rate of €20 for 120kg , and then you pay at a rate per kg after that. Just make sure you have at least 120kg to get yer value for money.
    Also if you have any recycling (wood, cardboard , appliances etc.) you can dump them first in the recycling centre (€2 entry) before you get pre-weighed.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Super thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

kwalshe wrote: »
    You can just go in your car. You are weighed on entry and exit to the dump. It's a flat rate of €20 for 120kg , and then you pay at a rate per kg after that. Just make sure you have at least 120kg to get yer value for money.
    Also if you have any recycling (wood, cardboard , appliances etc.) you can dump them first in the recycling centre (€2 entry) before you get pre-weighed.

Its priced per 120kg so 1-120kg=€20, 121-240kg=€40 and so on. Make sure your still standing on the weigh-bridge when you pay on your way out so that your body weight is included. The staff there are good and will remind you about it anyway.

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Its priced per 120kg so 1-120kg=€20, 121-240kg=€40 and so on. Make sure your still standing on the weigh-bridge when you pay on your way out so that your body weight is included. The staff there are good and will remind you about it anyway.

Are you sure of this? I think the last time I was there it ended up being €29 for me. I work repairing scales and weighbridges etc., standing off it during weighing is the oldest trick in the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

kwalshe wrote: »
    Are you sure of this? I think the last time I was there it ended up being €29 for me. I work repairing scales and weighbridges etc., standing off it during weighing is the oldest trick in the book.

Yes, Info Pack (pdf)
    Price
    • Commercial Waste: €155 per tonne
    • Domestic Customers: €20 per 120kg
    • Green Waste: €50 per tonne
    • Gypsum/Plasterboard Waste: €155 per
    tonne

Standing off the weighbridge could cost you more, it won't save you anything. On the entrance it's not possible to stand off the bridge and your weight is recorded as car+waste+bodyweight. On the way out if you stand up close to the pay-kiosk (off the bridge) at the exit, your weight will show only the car, and you'll be charged for waste+bodyweight. That's why the staff there ask you to stand on the bridge so that the difference in weight is solely due to the waste.

• Advertisement

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Yes, Info Pack (pdf)

Standing off the weighbridge could cost you more, it won't save you anything. On the entrance it's not possible to stand off the bridge and your weight is recorded as car+waste+bodyweight. On the way out if you stand up close to the pay-kiosk (off the bridge) at the exit, your weight will show only the car, and you'll be charged for waste+bodyweight. That's why the staff there ask you to stand on the bridge so that the difference in weight is solely due to the waste.

Eh.. I know, I meant standing off it on the way in , or in the case of buying goods standing off at exit . As I said this is what I do for a living.
    also they must have changed their pricing as the last time i was there, I was charged per kg after the 120KG

Advertisement