Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean Gallagher to lead New FF?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

maxer68 wrote: »
    Noonan on the other hand is superb as was the late Brian Lenihan

:rolleyes: Mr smug "cheapest bailout ever" ? Are you serious ?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

The Greens found out that when you lie down with dogs, you come up with fleas. The Problem with Sean Gallagher is that he's one of the dogs. He's not even fit to lead Fianna Fail, poor sod can't even think on his feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

If they were decent opposition, they would hve got into government years ago. FG are a party in disaray - the infighting and splits in the party are crazy. Gombeen Kenny only got FG in due to FF being shunned by all but hardcore FF people - not because he was particularly good himself.

FG need to wake up to this and FF desperately need a complete remake with a load of new faces and get back to their roots. - I was revulsed at FF in the past few years, but I'm on the centre right of the political divide and only FF / FG have the political ideology I favour, but I still don't think Kenny is any good whatsoever - Noonan on the other hand is superb as was the late Brian Lenihan. As for haughey, cowen, aherne & mccreevey - they had their pockets and their cronies pockets at the heart of policy, but that does not and should not prevent a new FF emerging sans all of those involved in the errors of past years.

Except those people seem to be refusing to get out of the party TBH. That is why I think the good people should just cut their losses and stop wasting their time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

EI_Flyboy wrote: »
    The Greens found out that when you lie down with dogs, you come up with fleas. The Problem with Sean Gallagher is that he's one of the dogs. He's not even fit to lead Fianna Fail, poor sod can't even think on his feet.

If they choose Gallagher as leader they will become extinct.
    he represents everything that is bad in politics from brown envelopes, back-handers, favours, cronyism, me feinism, lies etc etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

If they choose Gallagher as leader they will become extinct.
    he represents everything that is bad in politics from brown envelopes, back-handers, favours, cronyism, me feinism, lies etc etc etc.

Let us hope they choose SG as their leader, he looks like Meehole Martin anyway, maybe they wont notice the difference between the 2 planks. Then we can watch them go into oblivion. Taxi for Meehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

but no problem with murder, violence and bank robbing aka sf/ira?:rolleyes:

I have a problem with this. Yes SF/IRA were responsible for murders but Fianna Fail killed a whole country.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

maddragon wrote: »
    I have a problem with this. Yes SF/IRA were responsible for murders but Fianna Fail killed a whole country.

Just a little over-stated there (my simillar named friend), although I do agree with what your trying to say , I suggest that with the deterioration of what we like to call "front line services" (Guards is the obvious one), we may see many people die due to the lack of basic needs like heating and food.

Maybe that would put a better finger on it, HOW MANY WILL DIE because we dont have the money to save them, because we gave it to the IMF or the Bankers . Not really the same as murdering in "in cold blood" but bring about the death off none the less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

maddragon wrote: »

don't forget Ireland was a growth economy in the fifties and sixties - it stopped about 1970 and resumed in mid nineties. Funny, thats about the same period tha SF/IRA put the fear of god into everyone and caused murder & maynem. Imagine what we would have been like if we didn't have the sf/ira period of economic blackness.

as for mmg showing today - 13% not a good score especially when they were hoping for 20% plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

He outpolled GE FF by 10%. Don't rule it out. Their remaining voters account for most of his vote anyway. He won 59,000 more votes than FF itself. He topped the poll in some border constituencies including Cavan-Monaghan and Donegal SW. That was no mean feat against strong SF machines in those counties. I'd say he could win a seat either as an Independent or for FF. I think FF's collapse has plateaued. I am not a FF voter since 2002 but the statistics back me up. He has a kind of mandate for coming a strong second, with 4 times the vote of the FG candidate and more than double that of McGuinness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

I'd like to see him lead those FF b'stards over the cliffs of Moher to a watery grave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Well OP...the Irish Times might actually agree with you there....

Page 6 Today's Irish Times Vote 2011 Presidential Election....

there's a breakdown of votes throughout the country....when it comes to the overall National vote...Sean Gallagher is listed as.....(FF)....:D

don't forget Ireland was a growth economy in the fifties and sixties - it stopped about 1970 and resumed in mid nineties. Funny, thats about the same period tha SF/IRA put the fear of god into everyone and caused murder & maynem. Imagine what we would have been like if we didn't have the sf/ira period of economic blackness.

Obvious straw man. You should find out the history behind the Troubles, then you'd know they were unavoidable and stop wasting your time using them as a stick to beat SF with. There are better things to put your effort towards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Wallflower wrote: »
    As per the other thread "Is Sean Gallagher telling lies?" you were unable to keep on topic. I'll give you a hint to that one the answer was yes. It seems the vast majority of the country agree - well I suppose when they watch it live, its pretty conclusive.

This thread is about Gallagher possibily leading FF - I think he could, as he has exhibited many of the qualities associated with their recent leaders:).

The last time I checked McGuinness wasn't being considered as leader of FF so as usual spouting on about him on a thread that is not discussing him is a bit of a waste of time and energy.

se3an g did alot better that the terrorist mmg for sure:rolleyes:
    don't see sg going into politics but never know

Obvious straw man. You should find out the history behind the Troubles, then you'd know they were unavoidable and stop wasting your time using them as a stick to beat SF with. There are better things to put your effort towards.

marty going back to north with his tail between his legs :D

The_Thing wrote: »
    I'd like to see him lead those FF b'stards over the cliffs of Moher to a watery grave.

like to see labour ,fg and sf fall off a cliff,will happen soon :D

• Advertisement

Yawn... Some people have nothing better to do than troll.

specially sf boys ;)
    sf plan back fired on them in end with marty licking his wounds

thebman wrote: »
    If they are that crap an opposition, probably best to leave them in power since they aren't doing a bad job there overall :pac:

I'd vote for a new party, I think FF needs to split TBH.

funny thing
    I agree with you here
    I think ff need to split too and reform as new parties,get rid of bad apples so to speak

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

An illiterate troll!

Even his user name is misspelled!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 matchball

Agreed with previous comments. I personally believe there is an market for a new poltical party in the country. People want a change and a new alternative then the age old established political parties.

• Advertisement

matchball wrote: »
    Agreed with previous comments. I personally believe there is an market for a new poltical party in the country. People want a change and a new alternative then the age old established political parties.

People are tired of same old main stream parties in Ireland,choices are poor,with all the parties including the ones coming on stream ,There's nothing new,I personally don't like any of them .

An illiterate troll!

Even his user name is misspelled!

very constructive :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Where next for Gallagher.

No matter what the FF haters think - we do need a strong alternative party and a New FF with the likes of Gallagher and other younger types leading it could offer FG/Lab a run for their money in the next election.

Maybe this was his plan after all and it nearly went too well!
    Holy sh**.I just read this now.Im a bit bemused reading this.I hoped to god that the blind faith FFers would cop on and accept that their party is an absolute disgrace(A party that has fcuked up this country for generations to come). Alas, this is Ireland.....The gombeenism will return.We'll see that at the next general election I'm sure.FF:mad:

specially sf boys ;)
    sf plan back fired on them in end with marty licking his wounds
    What. Marty did quite well.3rd overall.Come out of the fog boy.

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Holy sh**.I just read this now.Im a bit bemused reading this.I hoped to god that the blind faith FFers would cop on and accept that their party is an absolute disgrace(A party that has fcuked up this country for generations to come). Alas, this is Ireland.....The gombeenism will return.We'll see that at the next general election I'm sure.FF:mad:

talking of disgrace
    Is marty mc guinness licking his wounds still.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

matchball wrote: »

There was some talks of a new party being created before the last general election, with names like McDowell and some of the economists being mentioned, don't know how serious they were though, a lot of it was in the Sindo who are always pushing some agenda

not what media saying,thought you sf boys where trying to win,so you where really going for third
    interesting
    that cheap stunt in debate cost sf terrorist mmg

Waisting your time mate!

se3an g did alot better that the terrorist mmg for sure:rolleyes:
    don't see sg going into politics but never know
    Well hes dodgy enough to go into mainstream FF now I suppose. With all the envelopes and stuff flying around his name.One Dodgy character is that man.

There was some talks of a new party being created before the last general election, with names like McDowell and some of the economists being mentioned, don't know how serious they were though, a lot of it was in the Sindo who are always pushing some agenda

Be nice if they started new party before next election,so people know what they are about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

not what media saying,thought you sf boys where trying to win,so you where really going for third
    interesting
    I dont think Sean Gallagher was going for 2 but thankfully the electorate of ireland have seen through his ways. good thing people are begining to see Fianna Fail as a spent force and looking for alternatives in fg labour and sf as well as REAL independants.

interesting
    What cheap stunt? Outing a dodgy FF bag-man who was trying to get in as an independent?

Well hes dodgy enough to go into mainstream FF now I suppose. With all the envelopes and stuff flying around his name.One Dodgy character is that man.

And martin mc guinness is dodgy ,please
    I'm sure there's a lot of dodgy stuff we don't know about martin mc guinness, sinn fein have funds coming for a lot of dodgy ways ,
    hence why only marty mcguinnes only got 15 per cent.

What cheap stunt? Outing a dodgy FF bag-man who was trying to get in as an independent?

unlike a terrorist pretending to be a saint like mmg
    sure,great joke

sure,great joke
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOJfKllyRHiKIcub8_BQyNKyq5tbalg9UiPDUTdl9fvSEVqSaA

And martin mc guinness is dodgy ,please
    I'm sure there's a lot of dodgy stuff we don't know about martin mc guinness, sinn fein have funds coming for a lot of dodgy ways ,
    hence why only marty mcguinnes only got 15 per cent.
    oh relax nobody expected McGuinness to get elected, I'm glad he stood though at least to shed some light on Sean

sure,great joke
    McGuinness never said he was a saint FFS.He lived in Derry during the troubles.Believe it or not times were very different back then.Michael Collins was an IRA man too.Was he a "terrorist"? Im no IRA-lover or anything but Mcguinness was brought up in very difficult times as a Catholic.He defended his people against the constant brutality from british forces.Later he was a driving force in the peace process-working side by side with Paisley and Robinson.Hes absolutely NOTHING to be ashamed of.

oh relax nobody expected McGuinness to get elected, I'm glad he stood though at least to shed some light on Sean

mmg wasn't there because of sean,another lie
    mmg was there tot get more for next election but won't matter as no party will EVER go into power with sinn fein

Waisting your time mate!

Specially if your a sf supporter or party boy as wouldn't believe a word any sf person would say.

• Advertisement

McGuinness never said he was a saint FFS.He lived in Derry during the troubles.Believe it or not times were very different back then.Michael Collins was an IRA man too.Was he a "terrorist"? Im no IRA-lover or anything but Mcguinness was brought up in very difficult times as a Catholic.He defended his people against the constant brutality from british forces.Later he was a driving force in the peace process-working side by side with Paisley and Robinson.Hes absolutely NOTHING to be ashamed of.

mmg wasn't nothing but a terrorist ,pure and simple

mmg wasn't there because of sean,another lie
    mmg was there tot get more for next election but won't matter as no party will EVER go into power with sinn fein
    i never said he was there because of sean gallagher. ok you can tell yourself that no party will ever go into power with sinn fein and il deal with the reality of the fact that sinn fein are in every bit as strong a position as Fianna fail right now and arguably catching up on labour.

mmg wasn't nothing but a terrorist ,pure and simple
    So he was or he was not? Your grammar has me confused a bit.

I dont think Sean Gallagher was going for 2 but thankfully the electorate of ireland have seen through his ways. good thing people are begining to see Fianna Fail as a spent force and looking for alternatives in fg labour and sf as well as REAL independants.

people don't want whats there
    fg,labour,ff ,sf are same as they where for last 50 years or more
    People something new,New party with new face's
    better policy's which non of current parties offer,People see as same old guff from what's there currently

Hes embarassing Scotland now!

i never said he was there because of sean gallagher. ok you can tell yourself that no party will ever go into power with sinn fein and il deal with the reality of the fact that sinn fein are in every bit as strong a position as Fianna fail right now and arguably catching up on labour.

sinn fein views don't work with other parties,
    sinn fein politic's are same guff as they preached for decades
    sinn fein are toxic like there candidates,pure and simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

ff should be left to die in a corner since fg are basically the same party

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Where next for Gallagher.

No matter what the FF haters think - we do need a strong alternative party and a New FF with the likes of Gallagher and other younger types leading it could offer FG/Lab a run for their money in the next election.

Maybe this was his plan after all and it nearly went too well!

Yes you're right. The country needs a strong alternative party to FG\Lab.
    But you're wrong. FF are not it. Because the 2 "alternatives" are the exact same thing.

Your only genuine alternative is now, and for the short\medium term future (at least) will be, Sinn Fein.

so you answer a post with petty comment
    MARTIN MCGUINNES IS A TERRORIST to a lot of people and always will in the south,,Will take few decades before people look seriously at them ,Even then,sinn fein have to change there views,THEIR view's from north will never work in south.

sinn fein views don't work with other parties,
    sinn fein politic's are same guff as they preached for decades
    sinn fein are toxic like there candidates,pure and simple.
    I'd say your a right genius there typing away,knowing sweet FA about anything to do with SF.Just an opinion.;)

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Yes you're right. The country needs a strong alternative party to FG\Lab.
    But you're wrong. FF are not it. Because the 2 "alternatives" are the exact same thing.

Your only genuine alternative is now, and for the short\medium term future (at least) will be, Sinn Fein.

defo won't be sinn fein with there stone age views,there politic's work's in north but Never in south
    People need new party,new people, policy's that reflect current times

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement