Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European BJJ Championships Squad Training

• 28-10-2011 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi guys

Just had a quick chat with Andy and JK about squad training for the Europeans.

I've offered Coolmine BJJ as the facility. We can have a squad session any Sunday or Saturday whatever suits for a few hours. There will be no mat fee for anyone competing in the Europeans and it will be great to get competitive rolls in where we can all help each other improve and prepare for an Irish invasion at the Europeans in Jan.

Here's the location map http://coolminebjj.com/#/contact/4551821999

We have a very large mat area so there's plenty of room.

Let me know who's interested, this is just a quick heads up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

Great job Luke!

Any ideas on what time? Work weekends but should be able to tailor my hours to suit. Early Sunday would suit me very well!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Nice one. Liam and Andy have been trying to organise something since Lisbon last year but it hasn't come together for whatever reason. I offered my gym likewise. I think the way it was to have one in Dublin, then one in Cork, one in Limerick, Belfast etc. etc.

A lot of the Dublin lads train with each other anyway so spreading it around makes more sense and I'm sure the lads from other counties would appreciate not being the only ones asked to travel as they inevitably are most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DavidPhelan

Nominate a time and I'll be there mate! early Sunday suits, like Joey said. I reckon 12pm for a 2hr session in Coolmine would be savage for the Dublin lads, then if Liam was able to arrange something similar in Cork, I'd travel for that!

Nice one Luke

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Liam_B

Nice one. Liam and Andy have been trying to organise something since Lisbon last year but it hasn't come together for whatever reason. I offered my gym likewise. I think the way it was to have one in Dublin, then one in Cork, one in Limerick, Belfast etc. etc.
    Yep, had all intentions to do this, after the last Europeans , but getting bodies to travel was the killer, maybe a munster,leinster, connaught,ulster training squad would be easier. I have a few lads heading to the Europeans again, so they'll be training hard for this ...I'll send out an invitation to EVERYONE over coming weeks & any1 else too is more than welcome ...(open to any gym as always at our place)

I'll organize a date for Cork so boyz. Great to see the clubs pulling together.....we'll get REVENGE on that israel blue belt Ninja Team!! :D

luke let me know what dates you doing & i''ll organize other dates for munster.

Personally Id love to be training around 10 am. Earlier the better.

Damn Israeli ninjas... I will have my revenge!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Liam_B wrote: »
    I'll organize a date for Cork so boyz. Great to see the clubs pulling together.....we'll get REVENGE on that israel blue belt Ninja Team!! :D

luke let me know what dates you doing & i''ll organize other dates for munster.
    Just wondering is there many clubs in Munster? Irish BJJ squad sounds cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shinobiacademy

anyone that wants to come to Portugal a few days before and drive up to lisbon from the algarve ,your more than welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Joey told me yesterday that between SBG, Coolmile and RJJI there is approximately 30+ people looking to go. Going to be excellent, pay day tonight so booking flights this week!

yeah its going to be immense, Ireland taking over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Any update on the squad training? Would be really cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭lukeyjudo

Any Sunday after this weekend 2pm to 4pm, sorry I couldn't get it any earlier there is a business being run directly under us and we're not the quietest bunch of fellows!!

So what Sunday suits people? Do you want it every Sunday or once a month? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Twice a month would do me anyway. Will need the odd day to recharge the batteries and wash the gi's.

Every week would be great Luke, provided I find a way to get out to Coolmine! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Sorry guys Sunday is just about my only rest day. I'll have to do it elsewhere.

wont be able to do that time luke.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭lukeyjudo

Sorry guys Sunday is just about my only rest day. I'll have to do it elsewhere.

I realise Sunday is a rest day for most people, including me. How about Sarurday? Joey and Karl I can collect and drop you back to longmile road if that's any use?

Saturdays 2-4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭EnjoyChoke

lukeyjudo wrote: »
    I realise Sunday is a rest day for most people, including me. How about Sarurday? Joey and Karl I can collect and drop you back to longmile road if that's any use?

Saturdays 2-4?

I'm in.

lukeyjudo wrote: »

Saturdays 2-4?

Luke I would be forever indebted, that would be so cool. A friend of mine, Andy is also competing and he love to join us Im sure. SBG kids and Teens at 11, Open Mat from 11 til 2, Competition training at 2 til 4! Sounds like a great day for me! :D

Advertisement