Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone/iPad RTE Player App.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

elainee wrote: »
    im trying to download rte player app but its saying "this app requires ios 4.3?? how do i update? its the iphone 4 thanks!

Wow...you need to connect your phone to Itunes and click on your device on left hand side.

It should update you to v 5.0.1 which is a major upgrade (google it).

Make sure to back up your contacts and photos before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

trying to use the app on my ipod touch - but it says my ios is too old - so I update the software twice - and it still says the app must be used on newer version?! - anyone any ideas whats wrong here?

Also - i dont suspose this app is available for a mac book pro ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Also - i dont suspose this app is available for a mac book pro ?

Does http://www.rte.ie/player not work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

trying to use the app on my ipod touch - but it says my ios is too old - so I update the software twice - and it still says the app must be used on newer version?! - anyone any ideas whats wrong here?

If you iPod Touch is old it won't "take" the more recent versions of iOS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Anyone else having trouble with this? Keeps going to a black screen and then stops playing. Today won't let me play programmes at all! On wifi btw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

This RTE app is fantastic. So much better than the TV3 app with only a few of shows available on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

trying to use the app on my ipod touch - but it says my ios is too old - so I update the software twice - and it still says the app must be used on newer version?! - anyone any ideas whats wrong here

There is an older version out there that I used on my 1st gen. iPod touch. It's the one without 3G in the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

Sabre Man wrote: »
    There is an older version out there that I used on my 1st gen. iPod touch. It's the one without 3G in the name.

Thats just the RTE news one.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Downloaded the app, all hunky dory. Only, there's no sound! I can hear music from the iTunes library, and play videos from YouTube,so it's not the iPad. No sound on any of the programmes, with the volume slider up full.

Did u get this sorted have re installed numerous times still no sound through speakers but have sound with headphones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Finding it very inconsistent - smooth 1 night - unusable another night!

Anybody else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Did u get this sorted have re installed numerous times still no sound through speakers but have sound with headphones

Try http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/09/15/how-to-fix-no-sound-in-ipad-apps/

also you must have the hard button orientation lock in settings ON to see the soft mute button onscreen

Otherwise you see the orientation lock button onscreen in the lower left.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Try http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/09/15/how-to-fix-no-sound-in-ipad-apps/

also you must have the hard button orientation lock in settings ON to see the soft mute button onscreen

Otherwise you see the orientation lock button onscreen in the lower left.

Thanks a million worked a treat ...... Strange that I had sound in every other app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Somewhat off topic but do rte block certain programmes from streaming on the iPad? Trying to watch homeland myself but it's not letting me - anyone else experiencing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Since they don't offer it on catchup I'd imagine they do withhold it. Their rights probably only allow for real-time broadcast.

"See what you're missing" , never more apt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Ideo wrote: »
    Somewhat off topic but do rte block certain programmes from streaming on the iPad? Trying to watch homeland myself but it's not letting me - anyone else experiencing this?

You can watch it on 4od on iPad if you're stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

You can watch it on 4od on iPad if you're stuck.

But way behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Ideo wrote: »
    Somewhat off topic but do rte block certain programmes from streaming on the iPad?

"MNS", the LOI football show, appears on the 'standard' RTE player but isn't on the IOS version. I asked the MNS producers who didn't realise this was the case. They said they'd look into it

Now thats an RTE produced show, so its unlikely to be a paid rights issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I'm finding the player on the iPad / iPhone very flakey. Click on a show and it'll start and stop again after a few seconds, back to the home page.

I tried watching Dragons Den last week and it was jumping, skipping all over the place. Unwatchable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Dodge wrote: »
    "MNS", the LOI football show, appears on the 'standard' RTE player but isn't on the IOS version. I asked the MNS producers who didn't realise this was the case. They said they'd look into it

Now thats an RTE produced show, so its unlikely to be a paid rights issue

No live sport seems to be on the iOS version of rte player which is abit annoying.

Watching Galway game here on the laptop but it's just not avail on the I pad :confused::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

crapmanjoe wrote: »
    No live sport seems to be on the iOS version of rte player which is abit annoying.

Watching Galway game here on the laptop but it's just not avail on the I pad :confused::mad:

You could also view live Irish tv on apple products via www.aertv.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement