Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GED "worth"?

Options
  • 28-10-2011 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I was curious as to whyat exactly a GED is "worth" in Ireland. I've been looking into it, found a test center, intend to practice and do some study, but where would it get me in this country? I've rung up CAO and NUIM and neither of them have even HEARD of it. Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

General Education Diploma??? for the US! would probably be somewhere around Jnr Cert or Foundation level Leaving Cert. or the UK version GCSE General Cert for Secondary Education. Next step up the educational ladder would be a PLC or Access to University course. or you could try for a degree as a mature student depending on how confident you are.

Advertisement