Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bono and Glasvegas song

Options
  • 28-10-2011 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭

I was reading an article on the Guardian website about bands and their downfalls/disappearances. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/oct/27/when-bands-fall-off-cliffs)

In the article, there is a part which states that Bono said that the Glasvegas song is "one of the best songs I've ever heard".

When I read this I naturally enough went and had a listen to the song. But I was very let down - I don't know what it is, but the song is crap:confused:

Does anyone see any merit in what midgetman is saying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Does anyone see any merit in what midgetman is saying?

Not really. The lyrics feel awkward and stilted and I am getting tired of bands drenching the whole thing in reverb in an attempt to make stuff sound boomy.

****e tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Liked that song at the start but after time the lead singers voice constantly sounds like he's being raped

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

After listening to it a few minutes ago i now have "Last Christmas" stuck in my head.

Sums it up really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Hate the accent of that singer. Music is grand, singing is ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

UglyBolloxFace in shock discovery that Bono talks Bollox??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I liked Glasvegas a couple of years ago but they were a flash in the pan. Got sick of the album after a couple of listens.

Geraldine is still a brilliant song though:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Am I going mental or are the lyrics near the start "liar, liar, pants on fire"?:confused:

How can Hewson say this is the best song ever? ****ing idiot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Am I going mental or are the lyrics near the start "liar, liar, pants on fire"?:confused:

How can Hewson say this is the best song ever? ****ing idiot!

Have you listened to any of the sh1te U2 have produced? There's your answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Have you listened to any of the sh1te U2 have produced? There's your answer.

I know what you mean but in fairness U2 have some, some, good lyrics. On the other hand, saying that a song, which consists of the above stupid lyrics, is the best song ever is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Bono is always commenting on new(ish) stuff to make himself appear relevant. Don't mind him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Euphoria, Take My Hand has a very U2 sound already so that's probably the song Bono likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

Glasvegas's cover of Acrobat is (surprisingly) good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I used to rave about Glasvegas when they came out. Listened to their second album a couple of times. Meh. Although my music taste has moved on significantly since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭WinstonOno

bono just playin to the masses again, sayin stuff he thinks will make people like him more. would be interesting to know when this quote is from, i bet it was when glasvegas were popular. its the same as his save the world, free tibet speel, all the while turning a blind eye to the biggest criminals of all, america. he wouldnt dare say a bad word about them in case he damaged his record sales. the fact he never once spoke out about bush, infact he praised him, shows bonos true colours. he wouldnt dare stand for anything that might divide people.

Advertisement