Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Wireless card

Options
  • 28-10-2011 3:33pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking at getting my gf a new computer and I'd prefer to keep things as simple as possible with it. Due to this I'm looking at USB wirless cards such as this one (MicroNext) or this one (Edimax) but I'm wary of it. I've had some previous experience 6 odd years ago with setting up a USB wireless and it was a week of pain and grief before I went and got a normal PCI card instead.

Now I know things have moved on and I don't need top tier pings or anything on the gf's PC so does anyone got some recent experience with USB network cards? Esp. the smaller once as I'd like to minize what sticks out.

The card will connect to a wireless router in the same room that's a couple of meters away and the PC will mainly be used for surfing etc. with some odd downloading of updates.

Comments

Advertisement